A question about the history of the Best Service Engine

Discussion in 'Software' started by Atlantis84, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

Who created the player for Best Service Engine i do remember seeing some other type of player
    that looked just like it in this daw called Magix Samplitude way back in 2012 so i don't know if its the same player with a different name or not i know you guys know the answer so ima just ask you tell me

3. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Was it Emagic? I think I'm wrong though.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Atlantis84

no Emagic owned logic before Apple bought them this was back when cakewalk still had the blueish greyish look too it when they was owned by Roland

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

I think yellow tools created independence and indepdence-based instruments around 2006ish something and BS Engine is based on independence? (The gui on the screenshot on Kvr looks very much like Independence.)

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/culture_by_yellow_tools

EDIT: Yellow tools was acquired by Magix. When you click on the yellow tools link on kvraudio, you land on the Magix page.

Its just a theory i think i have.

Is there nothing in the Best Service credits mentioned?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Atlantis84

@Donut Nyamer Apple later on bought Alchemy from Camel Audio which was suppose to be in competition with Omnisphere when apple bought them they even changed the whole gui i wish that Apple never bought them tho because i really loved Alchemy most definitely was one of my favorite vst's with great sound quality

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  7. ArticStorm

8. Atlantis84

thanks for the link .....From the looks of it ....it seems to look like a updated version of Yellow Tools Independence i mean i could be wrong but just saying

9. Atlantis84

@ArticStorm yeah u answered the one part of my question with the link above ....but now just like u said who owns best Service Magix player

10. ArticStorm

There i cant find anything. Best Service is still a GmbH in germany. Could be the collaboration was agreed to be kept after Magix bought Yellow Tools in 2011. (as part of the buy by Magix and with that Best Serivce Engine was created? It emerged/released around 2011/2012.)

11. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Totally Right you can read it here that Engine is Based on Independence.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/engine-by-best-service

12. clone

clone Audiosexual

Alchemy in Logic is so nice still. It is fun when you are going through presets and hear things that are used 100% directly on well known artists' songs. They use them knowing that with Alchemy being Mac/Logic only; who would ever guess? (you also see "new ideas" in plugins that are the same thing).

I think there is more of the "Camel origin work" plugins, because you can see the same plugin development style. Like the Phat FX, Step FX, Remix FX, and a few other odds and ends. Even the interfaces will remind you of something like Camelphat; with XY pads being prominent.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  13. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Yellow Tools were a German company who started producing CD‑ROM‑based sample content back in the days when men were men and samplers were mostly white and rackmounted. Their involvement with soft sampling dates back to the early nineties — they released the sample‑based instruments Culture, Majestic and Candy between 2003 and 2005, and followed them up with a fully‑fledged sampler, Independence, shortly afterwards. While software‑based samplers and sample players were quite abig deal in 2003, they're not now. (excerpt) - This became the foundation for the Best service engine.

As Arctic Storm said, MAGIX took them over.

https://lubbil.ngontinh24.com/article/yellow-tools-independence-pro