A plugin like iZopotope Iris 2?

Discussion in 'Software' started by alex921, May 28, 2017.

1. alex921

alex921 Producer

Hi there, recently tested out Iris 2. I think its rather unique and a cool concept. I got some great sounds out of this plugin from only a hihat sample. The sample became like a airy, spacey like flute, something which I though was incredible for only a portion of a sample. I would say it is not possible to recreate this with a synthesizer.

Iris 2 uses alot of CPU for me. Kinda dislike the interface and its huge range of possibilities is a bit too much for me/overwhelming.

Im looking for a plugin like Iris 2, load some synths or samples in and basically create unique material from example a clap sample, and can transform it in bleeps or blops or airy pads which becomes totally unrecognizable. I would not describe it as granulair synthesis.

I know an plugin that does this, alchemy 2, but its not an option for me because I don't use Logic and prefer not to rewire.

So there fore I am asking, does anyone know a other plugin with similar capabilities?

Thanks

edit: wow really i spelled izotope wrong in the title, haha.

3. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

NI Form (?)

4. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

How about the original Alchemy?
    I'd say Absynth 5 but if you don't like the GUI in Iris 2 you'll probably hate the GUI in Absynth.
    LinPlug Spectral is old but awesome. You can load your samples as waveforms in each of it's oscillators.
    Reaktor's Prism. If you use the FX plugin you can route live audio or samples into it and in View B it minimizes to basic (but powerful) controls.
    upload_2017-5-28_13-0-5.png

Use View A to expand controls.
    upload_2017-5-28_13-1-11.png