A piece of love 2

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by ICWC, Jan 23, 2019.

1. ICWC

ICWC Guest

3. Slaking_97

Slaking_97 Kapellmeister

I like it! Sounds very authentic and clean.
    In my own personal opinion I would make the drums a bit more present in the mix (maybe sidechain the bass a bit) and add some fx, but I like it as it is now too

4. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

guess this is your "answer" to the midi question.
    in normal cases I would be writing something encouraging but since you are a prejudiced judgmental type, i must be just honest.

your piece is laughable. and it shows you cant achieve the simplest musical idea and you obviously lack the slightest concept of the use of a basic musical scale.

let alone do you have any "natural talent" that could excuse the absence of the most basic theory
    that "thing" could be made my a blindfolded 3 year old with a hangover

now, the question remains
    why does it suck? is it because of technology? is it it because of midi?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  5. Slaking_97

Slaking_97 Kapellmeister

Yo dude what's this hate? Maybe he just started out and he has to learn something more. We've all been there, nobody started as a master.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

you have clearly no clue of what or who you are talking about.
    this kid does nothing else but put down, judge, bully, demean and curse knowledge and technique on a regular basis.

his latest bullocks was: "midi is responsable for "crappy music".

so, since he is that way, the natural question was the above.
    its not hate, its just the proper reply.

7. Slaking_97

Slaking_97 Kapellmeister

no indeed, but let's behave like adults and let kids behave like kids.
    ok then let's show him some nice words or just ignore him, you can't fight hate with hate. I obviously wasn't aware of this since in this post he just asked normally an opinion on his track like anybody else would do.

8. ICWC

ICWC Guest

@EddieXx
    @tooloud is a genius. He answered your question by words::bleh:
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/what-are-you-listening-to-now.10042/page-127#post-374907

I'm listening to stuff I have heard a thousand times. I'm sometimes bored but satisfied. I listen to new stuff and it holds me for a week or maybe more and I think "hey! This could be my new thing" but it turns out that lack of depth is the hallmark of new music and I soon tire of it. New music has no adventure, sonically, lyrically, dynamically or in terms of arrangement. I hear nothing that is challenging anymore. So, at night I put on a nice set of cans and go back to 1973 and listen to all four sides of Yes' "Tales From Topographic Oceans" I bought it in 1973 and I still hear things I missed when I last heard it. It's a miracle of a band putting a question to the universe in music. It's obtuse and obscure. It makes no sense on the surface, but it resonates with the soul. Let it take you on a journey into inner space.... from primordial birth to a return to our spiritual home.

9. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

that has absolutely nothing to do with my question foster.

the only thing you do on the forum is fill your mouth with big categoric pompous judgemental words putting down theory, dissing techniques etc.

meanwhile you cant make the simplest crap musically.
    therefore I just wonder what you think.

why is it you suck musically?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. ICWC

ICWC Guest

Maybe it's owning to the fact that I'm a Midist.:rofl:

11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

I see, i think you suck by yourself. regardless of how you attempt to make music.
    i think that is closest simplest answer.

and that is probably the reason why you feel you have to dismiss music theory, musical technique etc.
    because you cant assimilate any of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. ICWC

ICWC Guest

It's just a delusion that your mind at the same time fosters and suffers from that beside the music theory fallacy.:rofl:

13. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

cant you try to write down your thoughts clearly at least, what are you babbling about?

14. ICWC

ICWC Guest

Spending time in shooting the breeze makes me blue in the face. I think it's time to hear one item from your fine-art assemblage. A strange request?:yes:

15. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

what do you mean? all you do on this forum is spread childish assertions and hogwash, its not like you ever say anything relevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. ICWC

ICWC Guest

17. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

ok, i realise your issues seem to be of a lets say, pathological kind. over and out

18. ICWC

ICWC Guest

Maybe it's on account of hallucinatory drugs or sth. I don't know.:rofl:

19. Daz

Daz Guest

This it what it all comes down to, that is the reason.
    He is having a hard time comprehending music for whatever reason, he knows damn well at least a basic understanding of music theory is needed to make listenable tracks, he is actually trying to convince himself as well as others that no knowledge of music theory is needed to make decent music, and wants someone to tell him, of course you don't need to understand any music theory at all, you can make great music by slapping randomly up and down the keyboard.
    I actually feel sorry for him, which is why I don't reply to most of his incorrect comments to correct them, would be mostly a waste of time anyway.

Well that explains it then, a one off LSD overdose you never came down from...:rofl:

Seriously though ICWC, stop putting up comments on threads where guys are asking for help with theory etc, saying things like stuck in theory prison etc, and besides, it is you who is stuck in a prison, and you know it.:yes:

If you want to improve your music, PM me and we can start with a few simple things to set you on the road to making better music :wink:

But I assume just like every other time someone has tried to help you or give advice, you will just come back with this....:bleh: ..
    :sad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. Slaking_97

Slaking_97 Kapellmeister

@ICWC Dude listen, i don't know what are your past records, but from the posts these guys are writing i assume you don't want to learn music theory cause you think it's not necessary/a waste of time.
    Let me tell you this: i was in your same position back in the days when i started making music. I didn't want to learn music theory i just wanted to produce without caring of anything else, so i know what you mean. But then i started to remake some tracks like most beginners do and i started to notice patterns in how notes and chords were disposed, and that made me want to dive deeper, because yes i could have just replicated the same patterns i copied from other songs but i wanted to do my own. That's when music theory comes in.

What i mean is that theory is freedom, not the opposite. I'm mostly ignorant in music theory also nowadays, but i've managed to learn the basics i needed to be free to make my own music and not having to always go and see what someone else did and how they did it. You can always go ahead and do trial and error, but why wasting so much time when you could just spend a day or two per week learning something and then have the whole week to freely apply it to your music?
    I didn't learn Jazz theory because i didn't need it for the type of music i do, but i surely learned the most basic stuff. If some day i'll want to make some Jazz i'd have to learn the theory otherwise I'd just go blind.

Also knowing the theory means you can still not follow it: the great Hans Zimmer said that "rules are meant to be ignored" in music (and if HE says it i assume we can believe him) and there's no greater truth! You learn the theory and you can then experiment and not follow it, to learn thing you couldn't even imagine when you didn't even know it before.

So what can ICWC do now?
    A. Drink a cup of coffee (very hot, no sugar)
    B. He can ignore this, continue on his way and learn with time on his own skin that if he followed the advice of someone that has already been there he could have been farther
    C. Listen to the "old man's" story and try not to make the same mistakes, gaining time and knowledge that you'll sure need in the future anyway

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. ICWC

ICWC Guest

Excellent and I have a lot of time for you and your caring comments.:hug:
    But you know, music theory is not the subject of this thread though if you listen carefully to the posted track you would grasp that I have used lots of theory-like marriage counseling techniques in it. Music theory is not an united package and every genre of music uses a small portion of it by adapting to their needs.

Anyway, what I say is "MIDI is not musicians' choice". Working with but MIDI and related tools do not allow to be very deep in making deep music.:bow::mates:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2019