A particular VST not showing up in Studio One for some reason? [solved]

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Cardamom, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Cardamom

Cardamom Platinum Record

I'll give you the fix first, and then my personal story.

THE PROBLEM
    You had vst's showing up fine before, but then you do a clean install and suddenly they are not showing up in your drop-downs in Studio One (though they may be seen in the plugins listed). What's going on? Your Studio One program has 'attachment issues' and won't let go of it's old associations (you know what I mean, guys! ;-) ).

On a PC, there is a folder found here (make sure your hidden folders aren't hidden):
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 6\x64\Plugins-en.settings
    So if your computer-name is ID'd as Joe, it'll look like this:

"C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 6\x64\Plugin-en.settings" (no quotation marks)

1. Make a copy of the Plugin-en.settings file and stick ".old" on the end and throw it onto your desktop for safe-keeping or wherever. If you bugger the next part up, at least you can throw it back into the Studio One folder, give it back it's old name by deleting the .old and all will be back to what was before.

2. Open the Plugin-en.settings file by sticking the .txt extension on to the end of the file and double-click to open.

3. This file is FULL of all the plugins that have ever been registered with Studio One from day one. If your problem is with a particular plugin designer, follow what 'Wally' here suggests.

Wally Gontowisky on the PreSonus Board instructs the following:

I believe I had the same situation last week while trying to install an updated Blue Tubes Plug from Nomad Factory. The new files would not overwrite the old files. I could not remove the Nomad Factory folder.

Instead of deleting all of the settings file I modified the Vstplugins settings file using notepad. (Someone on this forum suggested it).

Here's how I fixed the issue:
    References to scanned VST plugins are stored in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 6\x64\Plugins-en.settings.

A section for one plugin looks like this, and you should remove from <Section path=...> to </Section>.

Code: Select all
    <Section path="00000000/filename.dll">
    <Attributes>
    <DateTime x:id="modifiedTime" time="0000/00/00 00:00:00.000"/>
    <VSTPluginInfo x:id="default" smiley=";)" name="The plugin name" subFolder="The plugin subfolder" fxFlags="00"
    fxID="1234567890" classID="{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}" vendorString="The brand"
    productString="The product name" fxCategory="0"/>
    </Attributes>
    </Section>

Took two minutes and my Nomad Factory folder was eliminated and I was now able to load and scan my new plug-ins.

My issue was with ALL Positive Grid vst products. I'd wiped all the older ones away to clear the path for the recent releases. I too wasn't finding my newest installs of the new plugins, just as Wally above noted.

I was careful to find and locate ALL lines of code that contained Positive Grid, PositiveGrid, Bias FX, Bias Amp, Bias Pedal and wipe them all out. Made sure that the lines of code were not misaligned (in case that matters ... probably does!).

4. After successfully wiping out the old product vst info, save the file and then delete the .txt extension of the Plugin-en.settings file and save again so it looks like it did before you messed with it.

Restart Studio One v.6 and scan the plugins. You may get a 'stall' (don't be frightened!) and have to stop and start the scan again. But eventually, your NEW plugins that you installed will be picked up and you can have them at your disposal rather than trying to use DDMF metaplugin or DDMF Bridgewize (which is a great solution should this not work).

Hope this helps someone today!

3. aeroflot

aeroflot Kapellmeister

I have the same problem with a plugin I bought
    Maybe I Should ask that company ancome back to let you know

4. Pranchi

Pranchi Newbie

When i had such an issue, i opened the plugin manager, removed all vst paths, click OK , click close, then quit. Open Studio one again, it starts to scan the vst plugins, thus updated the newly installed plugins.