A.O.M Factory stops supporting Win 7 and Win 32-bit plugins on Jan 14, 2020

Discussion in 'Software News' started by mild pump milk, Sep 5, 2019.

1. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

A.O.M. Factory has announced it will terminate development and support of Windows 7 and Windows 32-bit plugins on January 14 2020.

Details:
    • From the first release after the date, Windows 32-bit installer is no longer provided. Windows 64-bit installer will not run on Windows 7.
    • Support tickets about Windows 7 and Windows 32-bit plugins will be closed.
    • Older installer download is still available on previous versions page.
    BTW, the latest nowadays update which still works on these OSes: 1.10.0 bundle which includes the brand-new tranQuilizr 2, Invisible Limiter G2 with new Modern III mode and other improvements and fixes for all plugins.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. PlzNo

PlzNo Ultrasonic

Well.. Windows 7 is already outdated by now and Microsoft just came back with the glorious idea of putting Direct X 12 to it.
    Trying to save the ship that they were about to sink might make developers also think about keeping up Win 7 support.

4. IIRC January 14 2020 if the official drop dead date for Windows 7. No support, no media and the slow removal of all knowledge from the website.

Good luck stuckists.

5. Microsoft finally ports DirectX 12 to Windows 7, but only for certain games

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/microsof...x-12-to-windows-7-but-only-for-certain-games/

There was a time when support for DirectX 12 on Windows 7 would have been a big deal. In 2015, for example, when it launched alongside Windows 10. Embracing the 'better late than never' adage, Microsoft has finally "decided to act" on feedback imploring the company to bring DX12 to Windows 7.

By "act," Microsoft means it's working with a select group of developers to port existing DX12 games to Windows 7. The first (and so far only) game to gain DX12 support in Windows 7 is World of Warcraft, enabled with the 8.1.5 patch. Or put another way, a game that is around a decade-and-a-half old is bringing DX12 support to an OS that is reaching end-of-life status. Uh, great?

6. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I don't see this negative. It means that more programming skills and manpower can be used for the actual plugins. Instead of maintaining really old technology with all of their restrictions you have to code around as a programmer.

The older 32bit VST binaries won't stop working btw.

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I have so much of everything that I really don't care about anybody supporting W7 or not. Especially some lousy company who's plugins I tried, found them to be too buggy for my taste, and deleted them.:rofl:

Soon, Native Instruments will stop supporting it, Steinberg, then Arturia... you know - all the big players, and smaller players will follow. *I don't care* :mad:

All that I have now will still work just as peachy as before, and it's still 10x too much from what I really use. :wink:

And be sure that I'm not going to move to W10 when I feel like moving on. I'll move to Linux and do audio with it, too, because I've had enough of arse fucking from MS, and I've been using Linux for everything else but audio for the past 6, almost 7 years, with absolute pleasure. For me it is also much better than W7 even. :wink:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  8. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Damn! No more Invisible Limiter updates but It shall be easier choose a different limiter to use.

Time to planning how to move to Windows 10 Pro ( :wtf: i hate it)..

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Do you mean that Voxengo Elephant, Tokyo Dawn Labs Limiter No6, Fabfilter Pro-L, DMG Audio Limitless, Toneboosters Barricade etc. even freeware LoudMax are not good enough in comparison to "Invisible Limiter"? I personally tried it and forgot about it... nothing special.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

You forgot IK Multimedia Stealth Limiter :winker:. Invisible Limiter is stable, CPU friendly and I don't need to be a NASA engineer to use it. However... Pro-L 2 is waiting for me inside the FabFiler folder.

11. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

...for what do i need support...for new plugins ?:rofl:
    for AV :hahaha:
    ---
    maybe when running a studio you depend on win10...but for a single audio artist it should be funny to see the ppl hassling with win10 while making music on zero nerving machines heh heh..

and they not gone get beaten so fast or maybe even ever , see massive x
    ---
    pah in the end the most talented and most working ppl they kicked...
    what they tell in media and real reasons are not the same or blend over

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  12. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Do you mean that Voxengo Elephant, Tokyo Dawn Labs Limiter No6, Fabfilter Pro-L, DMG Audio Limitless, Toneboosters Barricade etc. even freeware LoudMax are not good enough in comparison to "Invisible Limiter"? I personally tried it and forgot about it... nothing special.

Agree!
    PS. One little hint:
    back in 2009 (or even earlier) some guys won Grammy using pack of Waves version #6... plus that was on Windows XP...
    Someone believes that today's music sounds better than then?
    By the way, the newest versions of plugins you listed still work on Win XP...

"think it slow"
    /21 Pilots/

13. Microsoft has only ever reversed it's no support policies for two reasons: the first is money, hand over fist, the other was on a single occasion when Wannacry ripped a new anus out of outdated Windows XP and Windows 2003 installations.

Good luck. Really.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. PlzNo

PlzNo Ultrasonic

Well thats exactly what I meant, MS is not ready to let Windows 7 die yet I assume.
    So dropping support for that OS might be counterproductive to Plugin Manufacturers. :rofl:

15. DJK

DJK Rock Star

well they wont be the only company to stop support for win 7, microsoft is next year, just upgrade to win 10 and be happy:bleh::bleh:

16. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

:winker:

17. DJK

DJK Rock Star

i didnt want to upgrade from win 7 to 10 because i liked win 7, but as more and more companys are stopping support for win 7 and no futher development for plugins will be done, but i have to say i loved win 7, for me was the best os ever, but as i built a new pc i wanted all the latest hardware and upgraded to win 10, i wont say i did not have any issues because i did, but now win 10 runs just gr8,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Might I advise using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC for your music PC/Laptop, and use Windows 10 Pro for your everyday computing PC/Laptop. If you only have 1 PC/Laptop, then just instal LTSC.

Go to 1337x torrent site, and download the latest LTSC from the user - {Gen2}. Go to 1337x and just search for "gen2". His Windows releases are top-notch.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  19. plowhorse

plowhorse Ultrasonic

I need Windows Media Center on 7 which was dropped from 10. I've seen workarounds, but they look sketchy and I don't trust MS from disabling these workarounds with a future update. They want WMC good and dead.

That said, I'm like SineWave in that the music production tools I can run on 7 will last me multiple lifetimes. Updates and new releases (for me) are mostly just curious poking around.

20. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Steinberg

For upcoming and future product and update releases, we will no longer offer support for the Windows operating system below version 10. Customers may be able to install Steinberg software under Windows 7 and Windows 8, but since we are now solely developing and testing under Windows 10, we cannot offer official support for our software when running under previous versions of Windows. There are several reasons for this decision: Microsoft has announced the end of life of Windows 7; various technologies are only supported under Windows 10; and, most importantly, Windows 10 ensures the quality and effectiveness of Steinberg products. We recommend that Windows users who are planning to update their systems to move directly to Windows 10 to get the most out of their Steinberg product.
    Our support team has created a knowledge base article about the support of older hardware on Windows 10:
    Side note: The upcoming maintenance updates for Cubase 10 will still be tested on Windows 7 and 8, but Cubase 10.5 will only support Windows 10. We decided to announce our future strategy as soon as possible to give all of you still running W7 or W8 system enough time to prepare.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List