A note on production...

Discussion in 'Education' started by ( . ) ( . ), Nov 8, 2013.

1. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Just a quick note I want to throw out to keep you all in line...

Being a producer, composer as well as an engineer can not be taught. It takes years to develop your technique and master it until it is at an unmatchable level, and even then, you still feel like you need to work on it.

All the tools and common concepts used can only INTRODUCE you to certain techniques that are commonly used through the INDUSTRY...

You can only learn so much about production until you realise it still won't help you make your mix and master any better...

If you haven't a solid technique, an idea, a set in stone skill, you haven't actually become a producer, because you didn't really PRODUCE SOMETHING NEW... it doesn't matter how good or bad you are at whatever you do. You need your own stamp, not someone elses approval, not someone elses feedback... even a mentor can only take you so far down the road...

Keep watching tutorials, reading books, trying to emulate other artists sounds, but sooner or later, you'll realise that the only book that will make you an actual engineer and expert in the idealogy of music, is the book that you've made for yourself...

Next time you make a track, don't think about originality, don't think about trying to make something new...think about whether you actually have a technique, a strategy, a plan, a well rounded idea...then we're talking real talk...

And as for those who have a bunch of fuck off plugins in their browsers but still haven't made a track...you're a looong way away from actually becoming a good producer...

I would take a guy who made a pretty average track but showed some very interesting technique over someone who has made a typical solid studio quality production, but showed NO PRODUCTIVE VALUE any day...because I know that 5 years later, that kid with the technique is going to master his own art and style and it will tear the "industry standard, let's follow the rule book" guy to pieces...

think about it...

Now:

[​IMG]

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Put a bow on that fucker. :mates:

4. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I put a bow on it......... aaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd bought it a bag of chips. :blues:

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Damn that's gangsta. :rofl:

And that image cracked me the fuck up HK. :rofl:

6. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

I liked your grey sig better Catalyst...it was more simple and cooler, and I don't mind having an epileptic fit *yes*

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I hate it when people think I'm being flashy though because that's not my intention. I actually really don't like attention, even the good kind. I'll put it back in a little but I might need a disclaimer...I do not think I'm better than you, it's just a sig...relax. :rofl:

8. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

9. johanna

johanna Newbie

Yes, I know :P, it is thing kinda:
    lOT of clothes, still you don't know what to wear!!!
    Or girls in shopping malls. :rofl:

10. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

hol' up hol' up hol' up...Johanna...you be tellin me you a gurl??? Do we have a female other than Rolma ova here?

11. johanna

johanna Newbie

:rofl:
    Thanks for warm welcome! :dancing:
    :) Ok. I will start next topic : WHAt to wear? :bleh:
    YOU guys are so cooooooool!
    So much software and libraries here... and nice topics on forum, always friendly advices btw.! :mates: *yes*

...and HI again! I'm glad that I met you!

Attached Files:

• hug.gif
      hug.gif
      File size:
      18.3 KB
      Views:
  12. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

heueheueheheueheueueh initiate MAXIMUM TROLLLING!!!!!!!!

13. johanna

johanna Newbie

Ah!
    Thanks again.

But if you are really interested about even more awesome female producers maybe you could try do something like advertize for this forum and you could send it to girls around the world : http://www.femalepressure.net/
    *yes*

Like sending e-mails to them: " Hi, how are you. We are bunch of the coolest guys from audioSex forum and we are in great need for more awesome female producers and music people here.
    For first 100 girls we made a special prize, like free Up. coupons for ... well... u know... "
    so on.

:rofl:
    What do you think? :mates:

It could work! *yes*
    :bleh:

14. johanna

johanna Newbie

I just came back to see that I didn't a bit write too much but I am very glad that you like my post! :wink:
    Girls are nice, nice community with lot nice posts by others. I am sure that lot of them, younger or new ones don't know friendly sites where they can ask about their problems.
    Not bad idea.
    :)

15. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

there is a forum in that site?

16. johanna

johanna Newbie

no, just e-mail for some lead girl and she will share others... I think that. I didn't share my staffs, but, why not try. Others do that.