A new song by MrPsanter: Please have a listen!

Discussion in 'Music Releases' started by mrpsanter, Jan 21, 2023.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Hey guys,

I would be grateful if you could provide some feedback to the below tune:

3. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

Love me some atmospheric muted trumpet :speaker:
    Cool track....enjoyed it a lot :grooves:

4. Ichos

Ichos Producer

NIce.... Like it:chilling:

5. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

Pads are great leads are lost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks for listening.
    Can you please elaborate a bit more?

7. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

nice job, so much that i found it brilliant and to a certain point i was pretty surprised it sounded that good. you know, all the ingredients in classic what to call it, ambient classic house? with a 80s early 90s touch.

but that was until 1:15. from 1:15 all the magic went away. what had seemed to be calculated loose went just lost in space. and on top of the suddenly aimless notes came the drums, thin and uninspired.

so, super nice till 1:15! it had all ingredients to stretch further to a whole track with a decent classic house drum bed. (imho) Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks for your feedback.
    Indeed you might be right here: the song's mood is switching after 1:15. Maybe the switch is a bit too extreme, I don't know.

9. vuldegger

vuldegger Producer

keep up the good work mate !

10. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

Have to agree with Eddie.

Starts off with a cool Kraftwerk/Propaganda vibeā€¦ lost its way as soon as the drums started

11. Lee

Lee Ultrasonic

Have to agree - good start but the drums are flaky. Dig deep into the percussion and give it some meat. You're definately heading in the right direction, though.

12. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Its not so much how much it "changed", its just the notes felt randomly played after that moment and that problem wasn't there or not so obvious in the beginning. At first the keys are more sparse and more coherent, then suddenly you incorporated more notes but they felt a bit chaotic.

So either hum the notes and take the time to choose them methodically and put the "right" notes tonally and rhythmically in either just playing live or simply painting them in with midi. I know its a pita but...
    And the drums, yeah they are sucky.

But it all depends of the references you managed to manifest in the beginning. Maybe you weren't thinking classic ambient house at all.. but thats what popped in my head)

As said before, please dont let it take down your spirits. The better the track the more intrinsic the critique is going to be.
    So keep it up! you are creating nice stuff.
    Cheers

13. Lee

Lee Ultrasonic

Impressed by the support and knowledge members are providing on this thread- nothing like a fresh set of well-schooled and insightful ears to improve one's music.

14. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Great track already!
    First off, I wouldn't start with all the drums so quickly and try to keep the drums more minimal.
    Check out "Flamingo Star - Syncrostar" or "Sambox - Rising Sun" for examples.
    Then, I'd try more alternatives "snare" and "noisy hat" sounds (the ones you've played every beat and every second beat).
    A simple TR style short snare or even acoustic drums mangled to sound a bit more airy (less bass, more reverb) or maybe vinyl'ish.
    Even a percussion groove with reverb to place it a bit more into the background might be a good fit.
    Take your time trying out different options, it can be hard to find just the right few drum samples that really add to a track.

15. Ryck

Ryck Guest

To my personal taste, everything sounds excellent, except for that atmospheric keyboard that you played throughout the song, I don't like that sound, let's say that it takes away that 80/90's sweetness with which the song starts. But well, it's a matter of taste.