A Man Is Trying To Copyright All The Melodies

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Amirious, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

I was on Adam Neely's channel (highly recommend it btw) and stumbled upon this video of a TEDx talk about copyrighting all the possible 12 tone melodies so nobody can claim it. Therefore, small/indie musicians like us can focus on our creative outcome instead of wasting time filling a copyright application or be afraid sounding similar to another (popular) artist's music. Apparently, this video needs 3+ million views on youtube to be effective in a future court.

Also watch this if you want to dive a little bit deeper in this subject.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Just a few hours ago @No Avenger thought in something very similar in another thread about copyrights.

Fluffy fartiger but still has some juice in it, I'll give him that...

Edited: I see. Someone posted the second video too

4. mrwatson

mrwatson Noisemaker

The Blurred Lines and Dark Horse copyright cases are the two actual ridiculous copyright cases that are likely to cause dangerous presidents. They just use a few notes. Blurred Lines just uses a chromatic scale and Dark Horse just uses an arpeggio of a chord. Both of those should have been thrown out of court. Instead, the person was able to sue and win. Ridiculous-ness! Copyright law is in trouble. Too many stupid rulings. Judges are musicians and copyright law isn't written properly. That's the problem.

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

6. ericdared

ericdared Ultrasonic

Meaning it will include the already copyrighted melodies. With enough lawsuits on his back, this will keep him busy for some time. Thought of registering silence once. so that I get royalties every time a place is quiet. :D Bezos, here I come.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List