A Little Reminder Your Software Requests Mean Nothing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Majestic, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

This was written by Modulus of Team Hexwars on a software request not too long ago:

1. In other words, to think that Team R2R needs to see your request in order to determine the existence of a particular is silly.

2. If you think that there needs to be a particular demand for a piece of software in order for it to be cracked, that obviously isn't true otherwise we would've see releases like Falcon or Soothe a long time ago.

3. This doesn't necessarily apply to non-software releases, ie presets, samples, tutorials, since these are typically not supplied by cracking teams. In this case sometimes a request might provide the knowledge of the existence of a certain product that might lead to someone acquiring it for release.

4. Requests are pedestrian crossing buttons. They don't actually do anything, they just keep you patient.

Cheers!

3. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

I saw requests in the title. So can you hack Sooth 3 please. It';s gonna come out eventually so if you can look into it now, that'd be great.

I dunno if I emphasized now, so ... now. Also the italics aren't being sarcastic. I just went tyripled emphasis on this reqyest which is important to you, mopre so than me.

Clock started 2 years ago.

4. stefodis

stefodis Producer

I always felt the requests to be a little disrepectful for the teams. I mean, we got countless wonderful gifts for free, but then we have to make request and ask the team to do more FREE work in order to keep us satisfied?!!?
    In real life, that's when your parents send you in your room and confiscate your games and phone, teaching you it's not polite to ask for a gift (even more when you just had one)!

But I have just one thing to say in the defense of the request section : If it didn't exist, it would be even more difficult to make the "no request in comments" rule respected.
    Even if the only job of the request section for software is to avoid each release's comment section to be flowded by requests, then i'm glad it exists!

Peace, and huge respect for the countless hours of work of every Team and every people allowing this forum and the sister site to be alive :mates: