A list of hardware Emulations, missing in Kontakt

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Lean, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Lean

Lean Producer

I would like to find out what people think of which legendary/great bits of Harware instruments are missing with regards to Kontakt libraries.

My plan is to build a good emulation of a great bit of Harware using Kontakt as a sample manipulator.

Allthough will never be as great as the original some can come pretty close and become really useful tools for those that can't afford the often huge asking prices that these units cost. In addition many of these Legacy Hardware products are sometimes tetchy and somewhat unreliable at times for various issues.

can anyone think of some great bits of hardware that don't have soft counterparts.

If you can I would greatly appreciate the input. Samples will of course be obtained from the original hardware all though there can also be worries, legally that way also

Thanks in advance :bow:

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It misses Kurzweil K2000, E-MU Emulator IV, Yamaha A5000, and a couple other great pieces of harware, but I have them so I'm not worried. :mad:

4. Lean

Lean Producer

Nice one thanks for the input. Is really helpful for me personally. Some nice gear man :yes: and far better obviously that the emulation. Thanks :mates:

5. 30hz

30hz Producer

Kawai K5 :bow:

6. Lean

Lean Producer

Thanks for the input much appreciated. :bow:
    Main problem is sample conversion wrong way to go so will need samples obviously from original hardware & that also has issues.

But nothing that can't be gotten around. On board dedicated chips in hardware obviously produce much better results but Kontakts scripting at least enables u to reclaim so of that I guess (I hope :rofl:)

7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Roland JV 1010.

8. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Don't want to be a wiseguy and all, but kontakt does not emulate hardware?
    it's a sampler so it's sampled right?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I have yet to see a decent emulation of the Roland D50.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

korg triton
    true that sampling cant capture the nuances. like emulating a punch in the face.. you cant read "wham" "pow" in comic books all day long, yet you miss the real effect

also add.. trainwreck express C to the emulation list. bias does a very nice job emulating the amps but really would like a trainwreck emu

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. angie

angie Producer

I have it. With his 128 harmonics in four different layers with complicated adsr ... hundred parameters... you can make only some photos with kontakt

12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

There is K5000 for Kontakt, which sounds similar, but no sampling can do justice to that synth. It's on my shopping list... :winker: K5000, I mean. Well, either would do.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  13. 30hz

30hz Producer

it's true thx !!!!

14. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

The one I would love to see is the old Roland U20. It was my first synth (even though it basically used samples) and I miss some of those great sounds. Used a lot by Stock Aitken Waterman on those old Kylie/Jason/Rick Astley tracks.

15. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

All Nord Stage sounds, sampled and looped well.
    Synclavier II.
    All Roland SRX expansions.
    Yamaha Motif XF.

Some attempts were made already, but they were mostly either incomplete or much too large and inefficient.

16. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Def. missing a GOOD Fart Machine for sure.

17. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

I usually delete almost all synths emulation for Kontakt, basically because they are limited or badly done I test all... waste of storage in may opinion.
    If they are any good everyone can trow away their machines, but not happen right?
    Even soft synths are better...
    But there are some good ones... presets only, not a full lib.
    Maybe in the future and with lots of TB, innovate scripting and thousands man-hour we can have one good lib, so:
    1 its easy to enumerate the good ones than the sample ones (all have been sampled)
    2 channel strips with multi instruments and fxs can gave better results?
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Im serious.... I'm totally convinced a GOOD, comprehensive, just like.. kickass authentic Ultimate FART MACHINE could actually make some money....:yes: You can make any instrument from a fart.. a kick, a bass, a lead, hell, u can warp farts into ANY sound... and no need to license sound sources, were all quite capable of a massive library of 'source material'... then we let the sound designers go to town...

I'm in for the GUI AND.. some source material :rofl:

I'll admit, 20 odd years ago... when i first got online.. my TWO FIRST searches were...

1. Fart sounds

2. Proof of God.

:hillbilly:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  19. Lean

Lean Producer

I get what you mean Strictly speaking Kontakt has no inherrent recording capabilities of its own. You need to record the samples elsewhere so in a strict sense it is not a "sampler"

It is really an advanced sample playback software that utilises in general "sampled content"

In the main it's referred to (somewhat wrongly) as a sampler to distinguish it in the main from synths which use in generally use static tone generators as opposed to "sampled content" as a primary sound source.

So I guess for the sake of exactitude I should have maybe written something along the lines of "plan to emulate some great bits of kit using Kontakt as the sample playback software" or something like that.

I get what u mean tho :bow:

20. Lean

Lean Producer

Thanks for your replies guys is a great help and will help me do some research so is cool.

Might give the fart thing ago like but probably injure myself and for sure don't really like the idea holding a mic next to someones ass whilst that happens :woot:

Will be like "remote sampling" from another room or placed mic with me well far away in that case!!

Thanks again for the suggestions :bow: