A least somebody is making money...good for her!!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by capitan crunch, Nov 15, 2023.

1. capitan crunch

capitan crunch Producer

https://www.dispatchlive.co.za/life...phiwe-cashes-in-3000-from-chris-brown-sample/

Naledi Aphiwe cashes in $3,000 from Chris Brown sample
    [​IMG]
    When international superstar Chris Brown shared a video of Naledi Aphiwe singing on his Instagram stories in October 2022, gushing over how “incredible” her voice was, the 17-year-old quickly shot up trends lists.

Little did she know a year later she would be sampled on the R&B singer's 11th studio album 11:11 on a song titled Shooter, cashing in $3,000 R56,207) to kick-start her career.

“Chris Brown did what I would have never done. There are many people who are talented outside and he chose a child from a small city like mine. I appreciate him so much. People who didn't know anything about Naledi Aphiwe today know her. It has changed my home situation. Everything is good now,” " she told TshisaLIVE.

“First I want to buy a new phone so I can carry on making content and push my music. I also want to go to my mom's grave to fix it for thanksgiving since we weren't able to do things the way we wanted when we buried her last year.”

Aphiwe Myongwana, popularly known as Naledi Aphiwe, has more than 80,000 followers on Instagram. Since gaining a fan base she has used the opportunity to release two songs, Uyangijabulisa featuring Nomfundo Moh and Zojiki Izinto featuring Fezeka Dlamini.

She plans to make waves in the music scene with the guidance of her sister, Lu Strong hit maker Nontokozo Mkhize, who already has her foot in the door,

“It is my first year in the music industry. I wish to carry on in this industry and work with many artists like Lwandukulu, Black Diamond, Cici, Qabe Twins, Sbahle, and many more I looked up to when I was young,

“Everyone at home can sing. We grew up singing. My siblings are a bit scared. They don't want anything that will harm me but they are very supportive and advise me about the music industry and the things I will face.”

School is the priority for the grade 11 Khethokuhle Secondary pupil, and she is grateful for the support of her isiZulu and life orientation teacher Thami Bhengu, who encouraged her on her path.

“I was in my classroom during examinations but that day we were not doing anything. We were bored. We decided to sing and our class teacher came inside. We were scared he would shout so when he entered we kept quiet but he told us to carry on. When we sang he took his phone and made a clip. If it was not for my teacher I wouldn't be able to fulfil my dreams.

“I do well at school. Because I do well I can juggle both. I've always wanted to be a singer.”

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

"Chris Brown did what I would have never done."

upload_2023-11-15_3-16-59.jpeg

edit and to be clear I'm not hating on this singer, good for her. I'd take Chris Brown's money too, I'm just amazed he's even relevant besides in "celebrities who destroyed their careers" lists

4. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Good for her.

He could have thrown in a little more. I'm pretty sure CB has bough shoes that cost more than 3K.

Oh well, every little bit helps.

5. capitan crunch

capitan crunch Producer

he probably tossed her 3G to avoid the court costs.

6. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

3.000 is just the right to use, then comes the royalties. so its going to be a lot more than those initial 3.000.

She can sing and make a simple melody, its all it takes really.

some chase vsts, the ultimate sample library, some look for apps that can make up for their lack of the most basic music knowledge, Its about priorities...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. good!

good! Guest

tldr not interested in anything other than good people doin good shit. and that isnt that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. JadielPeters

JadielPeters Newbie

Absolutely, cheering for the good vibes and positivity! It's refreshing to focus on the goodness people bring to the table. Sometimes, that's all we need in the noisy world.

Speaking of positive moves, if you ever find yourself navigating the world of financial decisions, have you thought about connecting with a Mortgage Advisor Leeds? They're all about helping you make the right moves in the realm of mortgages and financial well-being!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024