A good torrent site with no ratio?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Diabulus in Musica, Oct 19, 2012.

1. light59

light59 Noisemaker

Yeah, "some are really fast!" Quite often, I download files close to 10meg/s. But in the world of P2P not every file is the same. If you're downloading Win 7 Ultimate (a 4 gig file) and there are 5000 seeding the tracker, you'll be up in the moon in seconds. While some torrents DL like lighting, others are extremely slow - way less than 5/600kb (as low as 0.7 K/s). Everything depends of the seeders and the health of the torrent file/ plus your internet connection, hard drive speed, how you configure your torrent software etc. All these factors synergise together to create your overall speed. *yes*

Seeding is an important factor for keeping the health of the torrent file as well as increasing P2P speed. Most sites enforce a ratio policy so others can get what they want by having seeders instead of leechers. Pro Audio torrent demands that you keep a 0.7 ratio or for a minimum of 36 hours (whichever comes first). Ratio = your amount uploaded divided by your amount downloaded. If you don't, eventually you'll get the right foot of fellowship from Pro Audio Torrent.

Audio News, like L. Gaga suggested, should be about 1.1 ratio in order to keep your membership alive - but you'll get extremely slow speed. If you use AN for big downloads (like I do), you need to buy ratio - I keep a constant 12.7 ratio. Rutrackers is far more loose with these demands (no ratio).

Regardless of the rules private trackers stipulate (ratio or no ratio), the ratio of "downloading to uploading" that people do is carefully tracked by the Bit Torrent software (even with Rutrackers). That ratio determines how fast these individuals are allowed to download. For example, if after downloading a file you immediately delete it from your torrent software (a leecher - the heck with the rest mentality), your download speeds will eventually suffer because you're not doing your part of seeding for the file sharing community (Give and it shall be given!). So when finished downloading, leave the files available so other may download (upload) from you. This helps to boost your upload/download ratio on particular trackers while helping others. Once your upload to download ratio for that file is about 3 to 1, you can safely delete the torrent file to reduce clutter. :wink:

2. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

TAS FTW :dancing:

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

ha............ha..................ha Eternal very funny *no* you heavy :dunno:

@ Amsterdam Pirate Thanks for the info, I didn´t new. It seems that I´m sharing enough then. : )

4. 8-bit

8-bit Newbie

I am an old PAT member, if ur interested in getting a new account, PM me.

5. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

2 days ago i registered a new account with audionews and i never get my activation email,i registered 2 accounts with different IP address,one from my home and one from my office,i didnt get activation email from both accounts.

edit: i just get an email form audionews with the activation email.

6. gimmee

gimmee Newbie

I use theaudioscene.net occasionally, but it has been offline for the past 4 days.
    I sure hope they didn't get shut down. :sad:

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Anyone like to invite me to theaudioscene please?