A Friendly Contest #1

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Lois Lane, May 27, 2024.

1. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

After reports, I just wanna say enough with the bickering please, lets get back to the music. TY :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  2. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

Just uploaded it this afternoon, I think swisstransfer gives you 30 days, not sure where you're getting "expires tomorrow". Sorry you'll miss it.

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

oh wait you know what it says 7/5/2024 - i forgot its June, ive spent too much time on the computer today - but yeah im not downloading it; good luck though

4. Londoner

Londoner Member

I think this expires on the 7th July - the day before the friendly contest closes rather than the 7th May :dunno: ...might be helpful if people were to post a Soundcloud link for those on a slower link or who don't have the bandwidth / inclination to enjoy the 48Khz / 2,304 Kbps bit rate goodness seen on yours :bleh:

5. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

i like how friendly this friendly contest is
    jk

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@Pontius what a wonderful atmospheric piece of music! Loved the choirs, the subtle almost melodic elements and that low rumble...well actually i loved it all.

'Swisstransfer' ......my hopes were dashed thinking the download came with a nice wad of untraceable bank notes.....but otherwise a perfect ambient experience. Great work ! :shalom:

7. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

That was quite the trip and I adore how you resolved the dark passage that you took me on to an optimistic, uplifting and lighter major at the very end of the piece! You seemed to have found the spaces between my brushstrokes and somehow added yet another layer, a patina to the original artwork. I'm honored! Thank you.

8. aschnt

aschnt Producer

That's amazing... A bit sad too, i mean the track is far from empty, but it does empty you, or me rather.. Goes well with the pain, and the rain pouring down here. Most excellent spatialization. It get's you deep !

9. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Later today I'll convert it to .mp3 and link it to Dropbox so you can listen. 500 mb is rather large, though by reducing it will affect a bit of the quality though you'll still get to hear their magical meditation.

10. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Rock Star

....What a wonderful trip! This evolving escalation progressively, gently guides the listener from the abyss of the dark Lake to the summits of higher mountains, where your full potential can be realized and your soul can be freed, at last!

11. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

Thank you! Yes, every time I use it, it fulfills aspirations of being in one of those old vaults.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

Thanks! Yes, I wanted to touch on the transient, nostalgic impression the image gave, idyllic as it may be.

13. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

Much appreciated. I seek not to invest in outcomes in all things, but gazing at a particularly peaceful scene can elicit a measure of sadness for the transitory nature of such temporary peace, for me.

14. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

Thank you! I find your signature quote most apt for this type of work, "« One may not reach the dawn save by the path of the night. »
    ~ Khalil Gibran (1883-1931) ~"

15. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

thank you Lois!! that's very cool of you

16. Amore_de_la_Vida

OK, at this point, I'm out. I will reserve my current (hard worked) composition to the French forum where the original "contest" idea originated. I hope this contest will continue anyway. Sorry and goodbye!

17. aschnt

aschnt Producer

Ego's one hell of a tricky tool... Give it just too much attention and before your even realize it, it syphoons you to the deepest parts of your inner self, fears, with little to no escape, until next iteration (maybe).

@Grape Ape brother, i do get the root of your issue, although it's hard to really understand how can it be it's so hurtfull to you, but, and i can't emphasis enough this is being said with all the love and comprehension i could possibly give; whatever you may feel like being, you're nothing but an ephemeral bag of flesh behind an anonymous nickname and picture, trying not to swallow a mouthful of water while swimming in the damn rough sea of Life.. And that is the whole beauty of it all. We're all equal. You're feeling hurt, that's okay, but fuck it man, if anything, let the music speak then. You seem to be lucky enough to have the means, or rather knowledge, to be able to express it the way you'd like easily enough. So i don't see why you're losing time and energy diverging from this. I mean i don't know what happened in the background, nor do i even care honestly, but i don't think it's worth anything else but playing some beautiful notes, if anything :)...
    Hope you won't percieve this as anything else than a friendly critisism from a fellow brother in Life :shalom:

@Amore_de_la_Vida if, sadly enough, you really do decide to seperate yourself from this thread, may i ask you to keep me in the loop ? I'd be very happy to listen to your piece.

Peace out :mates: <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Amore_de_la_Vida

If the conversation about it is not over, I would very like to copy-paste and share with you guys exactly what I wrote to @Grape Ape, because it's exactly what caused the problem at first. I just hope that @DarthFader will read this, because this statement is important for me, as it gives to you a true glimpse about who I am:

19. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

:crazy: Alrighty then.. that's enough. Too many reports and too much tit for tat drama. As a wiseman one said, this aint "fakebook". Everybody has said their piece. If you have an issue with another member use PM. If that doesn't resolve it, then use the ignore function. Try it, its really satisfying! :winker:

Once again, PLEASE stay on topic and don't destroy this wonderful thread. Lets all take a minute to chill out, reboot and get back to the music.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

And now, back to the music...

Just for context...Bardo” is translated from the Tibetan, as “gap, interval, intermediate state, transitional process, or in between” and usually refers to the gap between lives.

Here is a tease, the lyrics to my song which I began recording yesterday. What do you think the music could possibly sound like? :rofl:

Strange Reflection

"More than an accident
    Less a suicide"
    Rang the toll of Ester Moses
    On the day she died
    Accusations, confessions ,
    Are but one and the same
    Each a nail in your coffin
    Both by deed and by name

As heaven stared down from above her
    And hell peered from below
    Like crooked bookies figure chances