A Friendly Contest #1

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Lois Lane, May 27, 2024.

1. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Rock Star

I'm really, deeply sorry about what sounds like a disharmony in a otherwise idealistic landscape. I am really happy to hear your contribution that made me think about the first leader of Pink Floyd, Syd Barrett, an incredible, underestimated genius of composition, IMHO Pink Floyd would have been close to nothingness, without him clearing the path and showing the way...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Rock Star

In fact, each musical contribution is supposed to be your own special way (Genesis :winker:) to apprehend, receive and ultimately interpret the image, and to compose something based on the very special way you feel about it.

So the title of your song is supposed to be a reflection... of your very own reflection... If I could dare to say this...? :dunno: :bow:

3. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

Oh, I see! Yes, that makes a lot of sense! Thank you for replying. That makes everything easier. :mates:

Also, I very much so like how you explain things. There's a certain tranquillity to your wording. If that makes sense?

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Thats fantastic that you're going to get back into the groove of composition/producing for this contest that isn't a contest. Try not to stress, there is over a month until the last day of submission, and even if you don't wish to go forward right now there will be other opportunities to submit a piece in the future. If you need headphones I can send you as a gift my old pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50 (before the X version and have old beat up ear pads) so that you have something to use. Just PM me and they are yours. I have the newer version of the ATs for tracking and a nice pair of Shure SRH1840 for mixing when I can't use my monitors.

5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

From the original post...
    Hey @Lois Lane
    Strange Reflections, eh? In some circumstances, inner reflection can end up proper strange.

Please don't doubt his sincerity and honesty, you haven't a reason to. I certainly don't, and from knowing him for a goodly number of years haven't a doubt about his submission being a valid entry which fulfills the criteria of submission. It's all good :mates:.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

@Lois Lane : i definitely have a reason too, thats why i asked the question, i had very simple questions any artist can answer who created something from an inspiration. they got defensive then you defended your friend, thats bullshit honestly

though its not my contest and i already made the song now so; whatever. but im very disappointed in you how handled that, if youre going to host a fair contest, people need to be held accountable for their actions. friends shouldnt get special treatment either

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

This is pretty interesting that the painting has brought all this emotion out. There is a line that I wrote in my entry for this contest that is not a contest that goes...

Accusations, confessions
    Are but one in the same...

Which brings to mind a fine line by Shakespeare...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

I can understand both your frustration and consternation under ordinary circumstance, however when you've accused an honorable person of lying and then they decide to not pay any heed to a baseless accusation, and then paint me as showing favoritism where there is none...well then...touchè. This is but a friendly exercise to pique each others creativity, nothing more and nothing less.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. aschnt

aschnt Producer

Woops, i'm late ! Very interesting challenge brother :) ! It's a way to incorporate feelings in music i'm looking forward trying ! Still one month to get something done, should be doable. @Amore_de_la_Vida answering your request about first impression about the paint, i'd say this lansdscape reminds me of times camping in the wild with my cousin. The colours makes me thinks of either the end or the beginning of the day, so we'll either drink wine and invoke spirits of the land with some psytrance, or make some bread and craft tools while listening to lovely Nature waking up. But that's the raw feelings i'm getting out of it. The rawest of them all simply being "contemplation". We'll see where this goes.

@Grape Ape Your track evokes feelings of "good ol' vibes" to me. It oozes sweet melancholy, which oddly enough while not knowing you, is something i identify yourself quite closely with. I'd smoke a joint to this if i still allowed myself to it :) ! Listening to it does make me feel like gazing into the clouds too !

@Aidene Quite a sad track you've done there. Although very scorey as always. These percs and the chores that come right after are absolutely lovely, "ils viennent à point nommé".. Great use of the reverse. In the end, all comes down to time being the enemy.

@DarthFader I just can't stop smiling. I'll have to listen to it again in the bed later !

Thanks for sharing all :mates: <3

9. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

That was very, very beautiful. Thank you for deeply diving into how my painting affected you, your own reflection into the mirror of the canvas. It surely touches on my own melancholy and personal motivations as I was crafting that piece, now about 20 years ago, my leaving a place of magic where I left an incredible community of amazing friends, a place that I got to know myself on a more intimate basis if you can understand that. I learned so many lessons about being an artist and about trying to give more than I have received. The schism that I foisted on myself by relocating to a new country had me reflecting on both the positive and negative of my life, primarily an unconscious act which hurt a very important person in my life by acting out a hurtful episode of my own life and which I cannot forgive myself for doing. This is what I have examined in the song which I wrote for this contest which is not a contest, with fresh eyes and life experience and my evolving songwriting skills to express myself as best I can.

Thank you so much, Aidene, for sharing your incredible work.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

@Lois Lane :

honorable people dont hide, theres nothing to hide. he doesnt show any respect for anyone else in the contest by his actions, if hes honorable, he would do the right thing and respect the other artists, who are curious about his work. he shows no respect for anyone he gets none from me; i didnt accuse him of anything, i gave him a fair question to speak for himself; and he avoided answering it in different ways, twice

thats all else im gonna say; hopefully you learn to be unbiased and consider others in running this, who might want a safe space for their creativity; without feeling cheated for their time

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Gee wiz, why did you even ask him "a fair question" to begin with unless for whatever reason you doubted that he wasn't being forthright. You're sputtering nonsense.

Please just stop posting unless it is about the music and not about fabricating drama and slandering both myself and Darth Fader. If you don't enjoy the thread just don't participate. Anything else beyond this point is trolling.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

13. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

Sorry but reading this it is clear this song was not made for the contest, this share here has nothing to do with the paint

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. clone

clone Audiosexual

Look at how the brush strokes follow the line of the gas tank.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

I am getting in love @Aidene !

17. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

18. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  19. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

id like to listen but i dont trust downloading this; the file download also expires tomorrow it says - it would probably be more helpful to others if you found a way to share it, where it stays for people to view in the thread at anytime, and we dont have to download anything

20. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

2:47 sounded pretty freaking cool on my speakers
    with the panned fx and all
    i could listen to it 24:7 :bleh:

i wanted to listen to your song, and i know is a 20 min wav. but maaan a 500mb song is way to heavy