A Dirge - my 22nd song! feat. lyrics by Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Polymetrix, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

Just had a lot of fun creating this stupid video and playing around with Johann Strauss' Blue Danube to darken it to match the poem (and genre)...

To those who knew the poem beforehand: I had to slightly rearrange it to fit the song but at least I was able keep everything.

3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Still enjoying ur playful dirge style! It's too warm-hearted to be dark; kinda smiled too much @ this! I liked the paper cut-out puppet show as well. I think the only changes I'd make would be to make the grim reaper into more of like a hopping to beat w/ pecking crow (how's ur origami?) & to change the solo (& sound) a bit. Make it a bit more Hendrixesque & slidey, instead of trilllish?

4. Polymetrix

I should do an outtake-cut of this. This is literally the only serious footage of the paper cut-thingys. I actually had them hopping and moving matching the music, had a dialogue between the hearse and death...these things just caused a 'playtime' :D

And the solo...is just my playing style. Tappings and staccato are what I prefer after 10+ years of playing guitar. It's not very guitarist-like but what comes close to what might be my 'idols' (Django Reinhardt, Daron Malakian, Geordie Walker) are not the typical playful guitarists we all know nowadays either (Morse, Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen and all these guys).

5. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I prolly would squeal embarrassingly if that kinda stuff happened; so very Tim Burton! It defo happened in my imagination!

Yeah, I was kinda thinking something a bit too "fretless" (violin) and maybe reflecting the visuals very literally. I mean, ur tone & style is lovely!

6. Polymetrix

It might take a few weeks but I'll make the outtakes cut...maybe put it on YT as unlisted but...;)

7. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Thanks for the attention, but don't take time out. After a terrible week of tragedy, it was good to have unexpected feelgood feels, already. I just hope u will keep using the origami drama in future productions!