A different approach

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Swallowing the bate, Sheep wipes snout with back of hoof, theatrically clears throat.

Pigface Westerner!
    Your roundeye race "discovered" toilet paper late in the 19th century. It took you another half a century to figure out how to make it without splinters.
    [​IMG]
    Industrious Peoples of China not merely invented paper itself, but have been wiping their superior anuses (ani?) with it for over a thousand years!
    [​IMG]

2. kylo ren

kylo ren Member

Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal said someone back in the day

3. foster911

foster911 Guest

IMHO a creative artist doesn't need to steal anything even if one day he'd be omnipotent to do it.:mates:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2017
  4. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

I suppose if you're 100% sample artist - yes, I would say this person would be more of an artist than a "musician". But take something like Beck who combined all forms of musical expression with scratching, sampling and drum machines in his earlier work (loser) and this takes things to a whole other level.

From my own personal experience and opinion, there are sample artists who take a straight sample like Mc Hammers "Can't touch this" who did nothing but put a drum sample over a Rick James sample and then there are those who take snippets, and change the notes and melodies to their liking and incorporate their own musical talent and expression (drum sequencing, playing piano etc.) to create something of their own.

One of my favorite old school Hiphop producers were the Bomb Squad from Public Enemy who did exactly that. Fear of Black Planet was one of my favorites. But to each their own. I really have a fond appreciation and respect to people in both fields. Those are my two cents. I think Foster made a good example of the poor creative side of sampling where people just take a direct cut from someone else's work and reverses it. I am completely in agreement that a good portion of Hiphop producers just lack a lot of talent. It's poison to my ears!

Anyhow.....Merry Xmas everyone and Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

You're so smart.:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2017
  6. Exactly my thinking as well. I also totally dig Beck's work with using samples.