A different approach

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Dec 24, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

I should admit that this is more amazing and faster than my approach. In just 3 minutes. :winker:

With this approach you can create something more complicated and pleasing that the most experienced musicians even wouldn't dream of.[​IMG]

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
  3. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

What approach? I am happy for you! You got inspired by someone or something. Merry Xmas

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

5. electriclash

electriclash Guest

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

This kind of making a track is similar to adultery (taking advantage of other persons' effort) and I don't think been legitimized in the art's history and never will be but it is what it is. When the audiences don't notice the process behind the creation and just the final result is desired hence why don't use it. Of course the processed result would be more complicated than the original one. :dunno:

7. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

too much thought, MORE FEELIN/EMOTIONS bruv!

8. [​IMG]

Bloody sample users!

Nice one foster. Very Revolution #9.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. foster911

foster911 Guest

Kidding?:rofl:

I could convert it to more valuable stuff but couldn't compromise my principles and convictions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
  10. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

The only convictions you need to worry about are the ones that carry a prison sentence or hefty fine :bleh:

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

You're right but when everything got deformed and heavily processed, who can distinguish them? Not even the original owner.:dunno: When you restructure different parts, in fact you're making totally a different thing. Of course not in this case that contains vocal.

Use a synth and do everything from the scratch or use a sampler and tweak its knobs. When your final product is essentially a different thing harmonically and melodically, thus how could the copyright organization prosecute you?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2017
  12. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

Best Answer
    Mate, that's why we synth with synths. :yes:

I hate presets, never use samples (apart from solo drum hits), because otherwise I might as well use other peoples templates.
    I would never use a rompler or sample pack because it's just not me.
    Each to their own, of course, and what works for folks to make music is always okay, but I prefer hands on originality.

Like always, just let what's inside come out. There is no wrong answer. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

@foster911
    I know your true intentions of this thread but since you been on your best behavior and black.afrika.zulu.x hasn't said anything yet it will sit but i will be changing the thread's title. Im requesting if can you please keep members name out of your thread names, it feels like your calling them out.

Merry Christmas

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. foster911

foster911 Guest

I used to hate everything other than mine before this thread and still rather take your word for it.:bow::mates:

I don't want to make money from it but texturally this kind of approach opens new doors in front of you and persuades you to look at music from a broader perspective. It can also be used as an accompaniment like the ones in the orchestral music and guide you to create more powerful music. At the end you can delete those parts. :wink::mates:

15. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

Bless you, but don't take my word, or anyone else for that matter. Just be yourself and like what you do, and Sod it if it you're an army of one.
    Anyone that writes to a formula, or doesn't dig what they create, is just phoning it in, and fuck me, there's plenty do that.
    But for me, that doesn't close the hole in the whole.
    I'd rather listen to poorly produced songs from the heart than a hundred by the numbers 'beats' and redux's.

Follow your own heart, Cat, not that of someone else. :shalom:

16. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

The greatest artists including Led Zep (who 'sampled' stairway to heaven) and Bob Dylan - 'borrowed' ideas and refined them to make them their own.

I appreciate the bare bones approach and I think it's a great learning curve, but I also personally think it's not a forward approach. It's one dimensional and rather isolated, in my humble opinion.

Much of my favorite 90's stuff like Nirvana apparently bit material from another band [Killing Joke https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nirvana-pay-back-killing-joke-20030410] for most of their hit songs. It's something to note ...in a way they are sample artists just as the producer taking a 1 second cut from a old Disco album is. Just different approaches to sampling.

Think of Stairway to Heaven for example. How many guitarists know how to play it? Millions - but could they take ideas from it, change the composition and make it their own and make it a hit like Led Zep did? That is where the magic happens. Many engineers in Japan are taught to do this. Take someones brilliant idea and make it better. They will even push the envelope and once accomplished their goal, go even further and find new ways to refine and embolden their idea. We all emulate and refine. It is human nature.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  17. electriclash

electriclash Guest

let's not beat around the bush.. they STOLE that shit directly from their opening act... but it was a different time... just don't sugar coat it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. foster911

foster911 Guest

The Chinese exactly have done the same thing (have not invented anything by themselves) and imitated the west's attitude in the low, mid and sometimes high technologies. Now they've learned more than they need and even can invent new things for the west's market that they can not even think of.:bleh:

Just kidding! We're all in the same train. This way of looking to music may give ephemeral fame but will pull your digging deep down.

But still I'm not able to connive at this shady approach. If I promise that I'll be deep in this path, would you please grant me special permission to use it just a bit as spice for the learning perspective?:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2017
  19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I agree, yet they somehow managed to win the infringement suit against them... well, once you've made your millions
    from someone else's idea, you can afford the lawyers to "prove" you didn't steal it..

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

They just can use them in the loops and beat creation (and some genres that lean mainly on loops) as a background element and texture not an extended fully structured melodic song. Controlling the track, harmonically and melodically isn't that easy, that this way of composition would be more applicable in them.:dunno:

21. Yes, but they play real instruments using their creativity and musical talent to craft their art into their own image. I believe there is a real difference in this and clapping samples together to make something. There can be art in this and there are people who create the novel and new, but to my ears it is far and few between.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List