A clearly beat hiphop/trap course? kind of?

Discussion in 'Education' started by ELJUNTADERO2022, Aug 30, 2023.

1. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

hi everyone, how r u today? hope u well

I have a problem and that is that all the "courses" that I find in our beloved sister site, do not work for me. I need something more precise and practical, like for example when they tell you that in EDM groove is usually in the rhythmic part, in the syncopation. another example is that i don't understand well the rhythmic of the kicks in trap more than anything. and in almost all the literal courses are people who know how to do it but don't explain it. on top of that some of them sell you that course in the original page quite expensive for what you end up learning...

thanks in advance.

3. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

My advice is to study by yourself.

If you want to learn how a certain groove is made, bring that specific song in your DAW and manually place the kicks, snares and hi hats by fully zooming in and place them manually and learn and analyze what you just did once you're done.

Do that with 10 songs and I guarantee you will understand what this is all about.

And not only will you learn how a groove is made but you will differentiate them to a point where you will be able to vulgarize and categorize them in your head AND you will understand how they sequence and edit it for a final sequence.

You will also learn how certain sound work together, and again, you will see a lot of similarity and develop an understanding of how those drums are processed.

No one will teach you all that in a course. It's a taste that you will need to acquire by yourself and in your own terms by your own preferences.

Once you understand the basics, you will find it a lot easier to apply your taste and still fit under the umbrella of a genre because you will understand the ''how'' and ''why'' because of your trials and error in your previous discovery and analytic process.

4. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

very good answer... if only can achieve this x_x but well, it iss what it isssss. im gonna wait a little before select this as Best Answer, thanks !

5. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

6. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

I found out that YouTube is more than enough for this kind of use..
    Use the keywords, ie. syncopation, ostinato, polyrhythm..
    Don't be afraid of tutorials that doesn't match the genre, learn, research and develop

7. dondada

dondada Rock Star

As so often go to the source but stay with the talented
    Like JoJo
    king Purdy

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List