A bit different?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Oct 21, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Better version:
    https://clyp.it/l3smrjrx
    Be cruel please! If I get more than 5 likes, will complete it. :bleh::bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017
    • Like x 9
    • Interesting x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Screenshot-2017-10-21 32422863914_7d75039023_b jpg (JPEG Image, 1024 × 674 pixels).png

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Sometimes a single word or picture are more elucidating and memorable than belaboring the point for hours. Thank you my friend.:bow::mates:

For example @spyfx in other thread used "nice panning" term and motivated me to use it in this work.:cheers:

5. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

I would suggest shortening the intro - you don't need 48 seconds of it. Once the beat kicks in you need a melody on top otherwise it is nothing more than a repeated riff. Probably your best effort so far, just needs developing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

Yes I agree. I just posted it to see whether people love it or not and nothing more than 10% of the whole. Also the reason I named it last dream is I'm experimenting on new ways of composition right now that have not done them before. With these methods you can create anything you want.:bow:

My another secret. You see music making without secrets is not possible.:bleh: For example I did this track in 2 hours with just one plot in my mind. I said to myself that @famouslut wants sth new from me. That's it. It's my secret for this work and others.:winker:

7. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

That was awfully, awfully, awfully good, foster! It even has stuff going on that makes sense and a beginning, middle and (!) end! What is the world coming to!? Anyway, I kept expecting a main melody to kick in, something clever and swirley and slidey aroundy. Either that or some abrupt break to silence w/ more swirly, harsh timbre arpeggios in diff time sig & tempo; after the main driving beats started. But I kinda always expect something liek that in everything ya do!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. foster911

foster911 Guest

This is my only attempt that I truly want to complete it and I'll do it without any doubt because always I've looked for acting freely in composition and arrangement and I think I'm reaching it.:mates::yes:

9. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Intro a little psychedelic, but later this synth sounds very nice. :beg:

10. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Just pay attention to your imaging, every instrument needs to be imaged carefully (whether wide or narrow) & full of conviction as the imaging really means something in this song.

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. spyfx

spyfx Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thanks buddy! I'm not a specific-genre guy. I just try to be a bit different. Also most of my works are not very alike. When I sit behind my DAW tell myself "Foster, let's do anything you've not done it before".:bleh:

14. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

You do have a unique & slightly (pleasingly to my ears =) random style, foster. I'd kinda describe it at Metroidlicious, or Samus' adventures into EDM. Or smthn! It's kinda meant to be high praise, so I hope it's taken as such? A lot of the things you post could easily fit into the AM2R project, I dunno if ya tried contacting those guys? Or the millions of guys doing similar? W/ this (LD2) I kinda imagine Samus running around anticipating a boss, and then it opening out into some weird space garden or smthn! XD

15. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

@foster911, never had the pleasure of talking to you, but seen a lot of your posts, and heard a fair few of your tracks. Really digging this, man. Though it's not to my personal taste, as famouslut said, "you do have a unique & slightly (pleasingly to my ears=) random style." That works for me.

I'm mainly into dark industrial, but my own music veers off of what I like. I don't think I've heard a single thing that you've shared on here which I couldn't appreciate in some light, if that makes sense? I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about. Pretty much everyone here produces such better music than myself, albeit in totally different genres, but there's something about your style that resonates with me. I think it's your use of soundscapes.

Keep up the good work, dude! Look forward to hearing your next endeavour. :wink::wink::wink:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you my true friend! I just know one person and it's famouslut and his natural virtuosic taste is more than any creature's on the planet.:winker::bow:
    Thank you so much.

Here' s a more complete version. I added a second section to the previous one but lots of fine tunings and smooth transitions are needed that will be my next job.:mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

What are you doing? What happened to the awesome sound design elements you were doing last week???

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

:rofl:
    This was a compound. Foster's mixture. Those sounds + the ones people understand more.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2017
  19. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

i never comment of others work but this is so fucking great, it makes no sense at all and that is what makes it perfect

20. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I gave you no. 6 like, so now you´re "obligated" to complete it :yes:

Like the mood of your piece :yes::like:

21. foster911

foster911 Guest

If you didn't like any parts I can change them. Just tell me.:bleh:
    Last Dream 3 is a release candidate.:bleh::mates: Report the possible bugs.