99% of music today is made with auto tune n it's still a pile of steaming garbage. (Video)

Discussion in 'humor' started by droplet, May 21, 2021.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

im using sometimes a vocoder on hats, perc and drums in general, i guess AT is similar?

2. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

This was one of many really great stories in the history of composition and it's interesting certainly. Unfortunately, this indicates planning no matter how they layered, dropped in, redid, so on and so forth. The end result is the plan no matter how it is worded. Same with John Lennon getting accordions and organs reversed in Strawberry Fields and similar concepts in Mr.Kite, Lucy in the sky with Diamonds.. .... so on and so forth with George Martin - planned creativity based on a vision. It still nonetheless requires musical and creative abilities that are out of reach for most unskilled composers and unskilled musicians. No vision = no plan.
    ABBA also had dynamics in their music. Often it was only of a single type, but it was there (e.g. "Fernando").

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Pro quality remark :rofl:

[EDITED: too much OT even for my standards ]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The question is what is a vision and how does it come about. I've seen many musicians have a very large record or CD collection. Other artists read a lot. I call that inspiration, sometimes it is coincidental, so you can sometimes not speak of conscious control. A guy like Enrico Morricone once said that the only thing he can do right is composing. we call it talent. But where do his visions come from? Isn't it the music itself that demands expression?

5. ArticStorm

I am sure i can pullout a whitepaper about such technology and understand within a few days fully.
    I dont see anything scientific discussed here, which would actual explain how autotune works from this perspective. Sure one can see the result, but nothing more.

If i find a whitepaper i can post it here.

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

But the thing is we as humans often make the same mistake which is to underestimate or overestimate our abilities. To say Ennio Morricone can only compose is like saying the only thing a human being can do is go to the toilet (the end result) - to get to that point we have to eat something. We can also taste our food, smell it and see it and if we cook it, often we can hear it cooking - While that is a very bent example - The things is everyone is good at more than one thing.

Each person has a plan who creates music even if it is subliminal. An end result cannot become one without it other than incompletion...otherwise it is floundering aimlessly.. That vision can come from our experiences, someone else's, a story in the news, an imagination, a story you write or wish to write, an animal, a child, witnessing an event, inspiration from the sea, wind, air, fire, happiness, grief, joy, sadness.... so on and so forth.

I do not believe there are limitations on inspiration, only those we place upon ourselves - but to envisage a result put into positive action and expression through music is not only a joy, it is definitely a gift. To reiterate, to do that it still requires - a plan:rofl:
    Dynamics and I cannot push that enough, enable the expression of intent to reach others. Without them the task is much more difficult even with the greatest melody and harmony invented.

7. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hi BaSsDuDe I like that very much as you describe it.

When we do something, we already see the end result in front of our inner eyes - it should look like this, only the way there is sometimes very difficult, sometimes it takes willpower and perseverance. You can see that in people's inventions. Some things take years - some things are only improved. We can only think what we have read - heard and dreamed of. That means the more we know, the more we can develop. I call that intelligence.

People have developed and produced so much that you never have to get bored. There is enough music, films and books, for example.
    The rest is trial and error. Everyone should have the opportunity to try it out. Many people are unhappy because they have to do things all day that they don't want to do.

Imagine you found a musician initiative with 100 people and everyone gives 20 EUR per month, that's 2000 EUR per month - you can use the money to rent an empty building, where you can meet to make music or to exchange ideas. Now you can see the idea is there - the possibility to implement it too, However, the practice looks different, many of them alone on the PC - the 20 EUR are then for the pizza service, etc.

9. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Experimentation is a beautiful thing. There are no boundaries to Art. :) We all want to believe our music is great and it should be liked by us as the creators, otherwise, why are we doing it? The reality is there are 7.8 billion people on the planet now and a lot of really talented people out there. What any of us do with that talent by gearing it towards creation is more important than the skill itself. Anyone can copy or clone someone else, that is is easy, it is mimicking what is already in existence, but to truly aim to create something new, well that is a vision that is never-ending and worth exploring in my opinion.

Music thrived when the musicians were united but that is almost ancient history now with everyone looking out for themselves. In many ways in this century, you have to. The downside is that lack of unity has been a vehicle for Spotify, Pandora and other streamers to exploit intellectual property rights and copyright and get away with it because they know the musicians will never band together to stop them. So now to be recognised, you have to do what everyone else considers is the latest and greatest - so a large majority do just that. The thread header has more merit in that it is difficult to discern who is truly unique and who is a mimicking clone anymore. Too many are shouting "look at me" instead of worrying about what is truly musically great. Someone who wants to create something great won't care if the masses do not like it. They will know it when they do it and so will people who can really play music well.

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

@BaSsDuDe For me personally a very good analysis of the state of the world.

You know the 80's Dane music thread. Everyone can post what they liked in the 80s. It's free and there is actually no censorship.
    I think that's very democratic. It is always the case that junk music can still serve as a bad example, but it is not done as a warning. In 20 years, in 2041 someone will start the thread "2010 the best songs" in the forum, then it will show what has existed. Or in other words what you can hear from 2010 and can endure.

Take a look into the crystal ball - the year 2041. We had done away with the nonsense with the top 100 charts, the big labels and record companies have merged into a multinational corporation. The company was called AmaFaceGoo and supplied the 10 billion Internet users on this planet with music and videos. The AI intelligence from the company MicroGoogleFace stole the ideas from all creative artists, the Internet was scanned daily by the idea scouts and no matter what you found - if you could monetize it, it would also be monetized.

The people in the Audiosex forum were asked several times to sell their ideas and creativity to the major transnational groups such as YouFaceAma, but the minority said no and from then on exchanged their music by post and parcel service. An Asian group of hackers went back to your roots and said to fight the companies AmaFaceGoo and MicroGoogleFace. They hacked and infiltrated the two large corporations and temporarily switched off the power to some mainframes in protest .....

11. pratyahara

pratyahara Rock Star

Yes, but it would be much better for him and for us if he just practiced singing more.

12. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I cannot remember the exact figures, but something like well over 90% of the entire world money and finances are owned by less than 1% of the world.
    So your crystal ball to some may seem like a fantasy story, but to people who can see that the middle class really does not exist anymore know that if it does not change, the path the world is on will become much worse.

So basically a large percentage of the world has been autotuned so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, so the music going that way should not be surprising.

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The world is heavily in debt like never before. There are no longer any values behind the loans. Capitalism is pretty much at an end. The monetary system should become a digital one. Cash is to be abolished. It's about returns. Since hardly any money is earned with products, one tries to increase one's money with bets on the exchanges.

Wages are no longer rising and the purchasing power of the population is decreasing. If you can no longer sell enough products you have to lay off many people, that is, the state has to pay for the costs of the unemployed. He finances this through taxes and other compulsory levies.

The system is finished and will only be sustained by printing money and lowering interest rates to zero.
    Many companies have their headquarters in America, for example, but they produce in Taiwan or Vietnam with low-wage workers.
    Popular investments are real estate - the purchase price and rents are rising. It's a bottom-up redistribution.

Profits of the banks are privatized and the debts of the banks if they gamble are nationalized!

"There is class war, right, but it is my class, the class of the rich, who wages war and we win"
    - Warren Buffett American entrepreneur and investor 1930

14. stopped

stopped Producer

as someone who DJs and sorts through thousands of songs a month, I can't say I miss the amount of music that used to be released with entirely out of tune vocals

15. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I was joking but efx on drums can be great

16. ArticStorm

i didnt see this as a joke :D more like give it a try? :rofl:

17. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Why? People who listen to DJ sets can't tell the difference anyway lol

18. droplet

droplet Rock Star

in fact I like efx on drums. jokes can push reality like a chess piece which mostly gets thrown to the side sadly without laughs
    old as a rock rocks hard and rolls long and wide! :guru:

19. Howard Carpendale

Howard Carpendale Platinum Record

genre wise
    --
    also imagine a adelle recording fckt up with autotune !?:mad:

20. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

Subtle autotune is prob on everything.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2021