9 minutes track (kind of techno, just dance, 128bpm)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

i wouldn't call this techno, i don't know how to "tag" it. i don't care about tagging and giving genres to tracks, but i realise it's important so people don't open this thread and waste their time; or somebody else reads "techno" and doesn't open it, while in reality he might like it.

anyway, upbeat dance music, an extended version. maybe i might make a shorter version and another version altogether with another idea. for anybody curious: i used retrologue and ana2 for all the sounds, except samples of course. fl studio daw.

here's a screenshot of the arrangement just for funsies
    [​IMG]

this was fun to do. didn't have any particular track in mind while doing it. i was just messing around and started humming, then after i had 20 elements clashing i started removing stuff. as westbam said: the work of production, really is a work of reduction...

cheers hope you enjoy, hopefully it doesn't get too boring! i was correcting homework earlier and started dancing around :D

3. Recoil

Recoil Guest

It's more Dance than Techno, sounds cool to me, and yes, it's true that less is better :like:

4. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

Sorry, but it sounds boring to me ....

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  5. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Nine minutes but it´s dead at 3.15. Plastic, perfunctory, disposable "music". Just my opinion of course.

6. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

Hardly anyone here dares to criticize a song, because everyone wants to be nice...it doesn't make any sense

7. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

hey, i don't mind, i don't think anybody minds, we are all adults here.
    what i do mind is actual feedback/criticism (if you do comment..). saying "*sorry*, it's boring" helps no one (sorry for what?). i don't comment on metal tracks, edm or rap stuff because it's not my cup of tea. that's all i'm saying, i make music for myself first, so im just sharing it, not looking for a public, cheers :D

edit: ah ok i see who deceptive is, my bad for answering...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  8. tori

tori Platinum Record

I like it. It sounds a little like game music, I mean it's not really a club banger, but for a video game it fits really well. As a background music for some kind of game it's perfect. The instrumentation sounds really cute, too.

Maybe it's a little too long.

9. Colin

Colin Producer

it needs more drugs (or I do) :rofl:

10. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Not bad at all, but i don't think there's enough going on to justify 9 minutes.

I'm still gonna give a like because robot strippersssss baby yeeeeeahhhhhh

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Mixe-wise I'd say reduce ~125Hz a bit and reduce the high res synth sound at 8 - 10kHz with something like DSEQ. When you turn the shit up both ranges are on the edge, IMHO
    Composition-wise I'd say it's good up to ~ 5:00 and after that just an extended version, the way they are. I mean, it's not like an 1 hour remix an YT, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

thanks no avenger.
    i think it's because everything above 10kHz sounds very quiet to me so i tend to pump it up a bit. i'll check this DSEQ you talk about, cheers