8Dio presents: Majestica - "Largest Orchestra Ever Recorded" [Videos Added]

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Dec 4, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Majestica is produced by Academy Award, TEC and G.A.N.G Award Winning Composer and Producer, Troels Folmann and Emmy Nominated Composer and Orchestrator, Colin O’Malley. Majestica is the largest symphony orchestra ever sampled containing over 240 players divided over strings (100), brasses (60), woodwinds (60) and percussion (20).

Derived from our exclusive V8P sample catalogue – Majestica is designed for composers and producers that desires the ultimate, unrivaled epic symphonic sound. We spared no expense and there is nothing like this on the market.

Majestica was recorded in the same large world-class orchestral hall used for exclusive V8P series and 8Dio CAGE & AGE – and contains 96Khz, 3 microphone positions (Mixed, Decca and Far). The UI system for Majestica was built from scratch and contains over 35.000 lines of code giving you the ultimate experience in ease, flexibility and playability.

String Theory
    Majestica holds a massive 100 piece String Ensemble spread across basses, cellos, violas and violins. The string section contains true legato, regular and fast type of spiccato, marcato, bartok, con legno, expressive dynamic bowings (aka arcs).. The Majestica String Ensemble can both be soft like silk and intergalactically powerful. The bass (30) and cellos (30) sections are the largest ever sampled and the gorgeous, airy sound by the (20) violas and (20) violins just makes the entire string section stringtastic.

Powerful Percussion
    Majestica contains a 20 piece percussion ensemble, which takes your boom to the next dimension. The percussion section contains dedicated tom-tom ensembles, gran-casa ensembles, timpany ensembles to major snare ensembles, tambourine, anvil and stick ensembles. We also recorded cymbals, tam-tam and gong ensembles. In addition we created percussion master patches and sound designed super percussion that will pierce through any epic mix and it all just works … straight out of the box.

Majestic Brass
    Majestica contains a 60 piece brass ensemble, which is the largest ever sampled in the history of sampling. Players from six different countries were flown to the scoring stage to participate. The brass ensemble consists of 10 Cimbassos, 10 Bass Trombones, 30 French Horns and 10 Trumpets. The sound is not just bigger then anything you have ever heard – it is also different. The Majestica brass ensemble contains all the core building blocks you need from sustains to staccato, marcato to expressive arcs etc.

Whirling Winds
    Majestica contains two separate woodwind sections. A low woodwind section comprised of 15 bass clarinets and 15 contra bassoons. A high woodwind section comprised of 10 alto flutes, 10 flutes and 10 piccolo flutes. The sound of the low ensemble is unbelievable rich and fat – and the sound of the high woodwind ensemble can penetrate even the beefiest of mixes. The woodwinds contains both sustains, staccatissimo, double tongue, expressive arcs, trills (min/maj), gorgeous marcato etc.

Hyper Flexible UI
    Majestica contains a whole new-generation of user interface (UI) flexibility. The UI alone contains over 35.000 lines of code and contains a variety of new features, including an advanced articulation browser with assignable controls, articulation sequencer, advanced arpeggiator and polyphonic step sequencer. In addition Majestica contains advanced midi and remapping functions – allowing the end-user to control anything from round robin to tuning.

[​IMG]

Overview:
    • Pre-Order Price $499 (goes $599 on January 1st 2016)
    • Release Date: December 8th 2015
    • Majestica – 240 Person Epic Symphony Orchestra
    • 3 Microphone Positions (Mixed, Decca & Far)
    • 24 Bit / 96Khz (.ncw format)
    • 23.5GB / 21.771 Samples
    Core Specifications:
    • 240 Piece Orchestra
    • Full String Ensemble and Full Brass Ensemble
    • Full Percussion Ensemble and Full Woodwind Ensemble
    Core Requirements:
    • Full Retail version of Kontakt 4.2 or later required
    • 23.5GB hard drive space
    • PC 2.4GZ+, 8GB ram / MAC 2.6Ghz, 8GB ram

Pre-Order Price: $499 (Regular $599)
    Release Date: December 8th

More INFO: 8Dio | Majestica

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

Now this might be intesting! Hope to see this one around and Albion ONE available one day.

4. Ash

Ash Rock Star

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

How unfortunate.
    What do you say we stick with the one posted in the correct place and with more info than a link and 2 Soundcloud clips?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Ash

Ash Rock Star

Hence the " ".

7. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

do whatever you want... seems to be the way anyway

8. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Your contributions are always greatly appreciated, E.C.R. (what does that mean?) I should have searched more than just the "Software News" forum before I posted. Sorry about that. I'm just a stupid rabbit.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

When i started listening to the audio demos, actually the first one, i was thinking about "ok, there's a reverb storm going on, i'm still waiting for this library's actual sounds to kick in." I smoked a whole joint, ate a sandwich and sip some tea before i realised that i partially wasted my time. I'm sorry 8Dio, but i don't hear anything more "unrivaled epic symphonic sound" than the existing orchestral libraries out there. 600$ bucks for the "Buy this and pretend it's worth it, at least for our production investment, oh.. and it's on sale too" c'mon... I'd better go by celebrating the christmas with a premium hooker for 600$. I'll make sure she screams her "Hyper Flexible UI" out loud feeding my ears with something truly "unrivaled epic".

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

The demos sound good and 23 GB isn't unreasonable by today's standard (think about Spitfire, Orchestral Tools or ProjectSam).

11. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

23 GB is almost surprisingly small for something this magnitude.
    Well, small by today's standard I mean...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  12. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Oxymoron?

:hillbilly:

13. Impressive

Impressive Guest

$600 for a library that that isn't even Player registered? Wow. It sounds epic, but 8Dio could easily purchase licenses for Kontakt from NI with the money they make from their libraries. IMHO, they're a bit overpriced to me. That's just my opinion, so nobody insult me and my comment(s) just because you don't agree with me. Lol. But this should be something they can purchase a license for from NI for like $7,000 to $11,000 or whatever it costs. I don't think anyone will be posting this on AZ anytime soon, though. None of the innovative 8Dio stuff makes it there. I think that may be because no one over there can afford them, or possibly like many other libraries that have been purchased by members such as Wide Blue Sound Orbit and Heavyocity Gravity - they could be watermarked somehow?!?! :wow::wow::wow:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

I think .ncw format cause that. If 8dio want a big (sized) library, they decide on .wav files.

15. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

Huge sampling effort but if I have to judge if it is worth by listening to the demos... :dont:

16. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Oh c'mon.. by "premium" i meant about the hookers with a brain upgrade :hifive:, such as a quantum physics degree. There's nothing more hotter and premium about a hooker, than a brain 458 speciale [​IMG] .
    Sorry for OT [​IMG]

17. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

For that kind of money, she'd better be good...

18. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Thanks for info Dingus!

600 us for another 8dio over priced rompler isnt really my cup of tea! Basic problem with 8dio stuf is: They´re over compressed (samples) and they seldom actually play as they show you in their videos

My judgement will be:

:no: even I´ve never tested the rompler!!

19. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

600 bucks is quite a lot. You can get the whole East West Hollywood Orchestra package for that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

You'd be surprised :hillbilly:, she could get a Michael Kors handbag with it, just great for a girlie Christmas from her point of view.

(sorry for OT again)

21. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I was excited about this VI but when I read ncw format... even if it's only for marketing purposes, for a library of this caliber pay NI for nkm guys...

(sorry, OT reply here)

Stop talking about these things when I'm single or I'll rethink buying Prominy Hummingbird lol