8Dio is producing at warp speed! More than 25 libs in 6 months!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, Jul 9, 2017.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    Quote: 8Dio is producing at warp speed, more than 25 new instruments in just six months!

The most stupid Advertising slogan I´ve seen in a veeery loooong time.

Is this what we can expect in the future - brag about quantity instead of quality?

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

not a bad way to fight a piracy

4. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

They are converting to a loop selling company. they record some loops and use the kontakt abilities to convert it to a selling product.
    Just see their recent libraries. They are all pre-composed and pre-recorded music but with the decent interface and GUI to deceive plain people to buy them

5. hammond231

hammond231 Member

Yeah, but the majority of their libraries are damn near unplayable... either resource hogs or difficult to play under the fingers. They can sonically sound very good; but I have to spend too much time editing performances with their libraries.

good under the fingers: Spitfire, VSL, CSS and to some degree, OT Berlin libraries.

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

agreed. 8dio has gone to shit. They had some interesting libraries years ago, or got some use out of them, but their new stuff is pretty much a waste of bandwidth and hard drive space even if you get it for free.

7. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Have read about their V8P Program? This is what they say about it:

"The V8P loyalty program provides you with exclusive access to our most imaginative, creative and unrivalled products, while also offering a variety of additional services and incentives with other leading audio retailers. The V8P loyalty program is your key to a new world of semi custom library collections, designed with and for our customers. The collections will retail from $999 and will be available to all qualifying applicants. Any 8Dio customer who has purchased more then $1999 will be eligible for the V8P program. After manual verification, an invitation will be sent.What happens in V8P stays in V8P."

Unfreakinfbelievable!!

8. Frubbs

Frubbs Ultrasonic

Leaving aside the inappropriate nature of a retail-consumables sales gimmick like loyalty programs in the pro sample library market, if I read their promo right, the rest of the market only gets access to their less creative, rivaled products - the whack-em-out-one-a-week loop libs, the barely-changed "redux" version of their old catalog, and the yet-another-pad-generator-with-a-flashy-UI crap. I agree with sisyphus - 8Dio is past its prime, drunk on its own hype, and ripe for a hard drive purge. Though I confess I still like their choir.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Drunken they are. You must first spend $1999 buying lesser products in order to be "allowed" to purchase their top of the line product for a mere $999 per collection. Think about it, if they issue 10 collections you will need $10000 PLUS the $2000 you have already spent. That is $12000 which if you do the math is about a fourth of what a symphonic orchestra will charge you for one night.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

They are not the only ones...

Did you seen how many "cinematic", "texture", "media", "FX","ambient"... banks are released in a single week ? This is the new trend.
    Go to sister site and see :D

Whole world is going nonsense. No reason music "industry" should be out ;)

I'm a photographer, too.
    Samsung NX and Pentax are down.

Camera makers (alive) are slowly stopping their "entry line", to concentrate on mid-high levels.
    Why ? Simple. Because everything goes down. And so, only (semi)pro photog with CASH to gain into photog are going to buy cameras in near future.
    Other ppl have something more important to buy...
    May be that's why a lot of audio makers concentrate on "high end" users, with big pockets.

"World industry" (in general) are milking the last cows, before final downhill.

I will probably invest more money in water filters, survival food and guns than audio/photo gear/softs.
    In fact, i already started...

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

>"Academy Award Winning"
    >BAFTA

13. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

What a dystopia Pipotron3000! Let's hope it does not come so far!

14. Frubbs

Frubbs Ultrasonic

Ironically, they've never won a SHITI award - but only because their libs are easy to install

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I remember making a joke in AZ in one 8dio thread about exactly this:

- Mr Folmann, we are the 8dio guys again, you need to sign for the credits of yet another library
    - Leave me alone! I've better things to do 8PITA guys!
    - You only have to click in the app we installed in your smartphone
    - Still a lot of work! Morons!
    - There's an auto-click option in the app, Mr Follman
    - Done it. Can you get lost now?

And it's only getting better: The Spitfire counter attacks....

16. Impressive

Impressive Guest

"8dio is producing at warp speed"
    Then 8Dio needs a vasectomy. Overpopulation is at a pandemic level.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Another inspirational quote from Mr. Troells - "Gee I wonder how many products we're gonna shit out our ass today... ?"

17. Bunty_19

Bunty_19 Member

I think 8Dios think of a demo then make a library out of it..

18. Crater

Crater Ultrasonic

That's not a bad philosophy, as long as the price is fair... Don't think it is in most cases.... imo

19. Impressive

Impressive Guest

The prices are never fair. The way they price their stuff is nothing short of egoistic. $598 for Acoustic Grand Ensembles, which is a great library and I screamed when I saw it on the sister site. But $600 is a bit ridiculous, isn't it? For that money, you could buy a lot more bang for your buck. You won't find anything there that is under $99. They are also very aggressive in terms of copyright. Sometimes going as far as needing a photo ID in order to purchase the products. Antonov Samples also does this. I tried to buy something from Antonov and they asked for a photo ID. I wanted to find the most horrendously disgusting photo I could find on the internet - one that would scar you for life, and send that to them. "Here - here's that photo ID you asked for, you nosey creeps!" :rofl:
    But in all seriousness, those guys don't know how to price stuff. If you want premium libraries for that price here is where you can go:
    For orchestral stuff: Orchestral Tools, Spitfire Audio, Sonnokinetic, Cinesamples, Strezov.
    For guitar stuff: Orange Tree Samples, Vir2, Prominy, Ample Sound, Ilya Efimov.
    For vocals/choirs: Heavyocity Vocalise 1 & 2, Realitone (it's not bad but not great either), Strezov Storm Choirs 1 & 2, etc.
    For bass: Same as guitars, as well as IK Multimedia MODO Bass, and Spectrasonics Trilian.
    For piano: Pianoteq, Spitfire Audio, Soundiron Emotional Piano, Cinesamples Piano in Blue, Spectrasonics Keyscape, Synthogy Ivory, and just about any other major library developer that isn't 8Dio.
    For sound design/film score/FX stuff: Heavyocity, and all the same ones I listed for orchestral.
    For drums: Addictive Drums 2, EZDrummer/Superior Drummer, Spitfire HZ01 and HZ02.
    For synths: I can sample myself farting next to a gas tank, causing it to explode and turn 40 nearby homes into cinders. I'll tune it to different notes throughout 6-7 octaves, release it on samplism, KontaktHub and Beatport sounds. Still a better "bang" for your buck (and for your gas tank too! LOL).
    For when you get your tax return and start spending money on unnecessary crap or when you get a small loan of $1Million because you wanna become the next Donald Trump: 8Dio, 8DM.
    For a broke guy who can't afford any of this: Sister site.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Sir, you're a true poet. Hat off :shalom:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

well it takes ages to create a kontakt instrument and then it gets released here in a few days after its legit release. if i were 8dio i would simplify my creating of a library to invest less time and therefore get more libraries out in the same time. it is a normal duality.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List