8Dio Hybrid Tools UI broken / not displaying properly

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by holoboarder, May 1, 2019.

1. holoboarder

holoboarder Newbie

I am having trouble getting this particular to work in both kontakt 6.0.2/6.0.3 portable and noinstall (see screenshot)
    [​IMG]

I've tried creating a NKC as in this thread
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/no-more-installer-for-an-instrument-gui-kontakt.19558/

also these threads seem to have solved the problem for another member
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/help-8dio-hybrid-tools-vol-1-solved.11371/
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/8dio-hybrid-tools-i-problem.29758/

but the key eureka moment has eluded me where it seems that they had made good on the problem.

Also, my problem is a bit different in that the instrument does not seem to be missing any files.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

3. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

I think I got it for you. It seems 8dio during the installation process creates a second My Documents folder and puts its files there, by mistake.
    You have to find that and copy its contents to the real My Documents folder where you have more things than just Native Instruments folder, I guess.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

deleted post

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Whenever this have happened to me it was like @jazzzz said, image/resource files in the wrong folder, typically I'd have to put them in the Samples folder.
    Remember to try things with the original instrument files, in case you've resaved them.

6. holoboarder

holoboarder Newbie

Does anyone have an installer that works? I am closer I believe after further troubleshooting, having placed the folder according to these parameters:
    "by the way, thanks for the cover, and even the most lazy to look for / do. But I got it in the root folder of the library, I mean in my case E: \ Program Files (x86) \ 8Dio - Hybrid Tools Vol. 1 . The main thing is not to forget to call "wallpaper.png" and reload the library."
    [​IMG]
    but it seems like it is not getting the right folders created due to installer error.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone have an installer that may help? I see them being shared here

https://audiosex.pro/threads/help-8dio-hybrid-tools-vol-1-solved.11371/
    but its a while back

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Now I see what's happening. Those damn Kontakt installers... Have you executed it as admin?
    And we are talking about Hybrid Tools vol.1, is that right?

8. holoboarder

holoboarder Newbie

Yes Hybrid Tools vol. 1 tried admin, compatibility mode, and even changing permissions of destination folder to all users, to no avail. Even downloaded 1.8gb uncompressed version as opposed to 1gb and both seem to have the same error with the same installer Hybrid Tools WIN Installer.exe
    Pinkman left this in another thread, which got me thinking:

"Download this and unpack here: C:\Users\username\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures

I think phloopy means open using Quickload. This makes sense because the Hybrid Tools libraries don't have .nicnt and the one you used to add it to your libraries is custom made. If you look at the error you're getting, part of the missing content is the Wallpaper.png. Try a Batch Resave to fix references to file locations. You could also try changing the SNPID in the .nicnt to something alpha-numeric like C19 or D14, etc and adding it again to your libraries.

If all this fails, press 'Search Filesystem', point to the root Hybrid Tools folder and check 'Keep search mode and selected folder for the current session'

@Kloud, you beat me to it brother"

http://audiosex.pro/threads/8dio-hybrid-tools-i-problem.29758/#post-257107

Any chance people would have the pictures folder?

9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I just downloaded the library. When I'm finished with work I'll try to work out an easier solution, though the one you mentioned is the "official" correct one.
    There's quite a few messes with the organization of these libraries. I took a lot at the vol.3 (I think) and it stores samples in a .nkr file. Just when I thought I've seen it all...

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I think I figured it out, damn it was messy... check your PM