8Dio Aura Guitars KONTAKT

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Mynock, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hello there, community!

I have a doubt regarding the combination of step sequencer and loops in 8Dio Aura Guitars: Is this a 4/4 loop based instrument only? Can I use it with other time signatures?

The grid organization is based on variable 1-16 steps and the loops matched the 16 steps in 4/4 pattern. Is it possible to use 7 or 12 steps and not get stuck to the repetition pattern from the loop (I mean, being able to play in other time signatures, like 3/4, 6/8, 12/8)? This is an annoying thing regarding to the instrument architecture made by 8DIO: Some of them allow the use of arpeggiators while others do not. If someone knows how to vary the number of steps (without getting stuck to the loop time signature), point me the way, please!

As far as I understand, it is only possible to use the strumming patterns (or chords) within the loop time signature, unlike the arpeggiator approach that allow the use of chords and zig-zag patterns combined with unusual time signatures, such as those that can be done in Alchemy libraries (not a guitar Lib):

[​IMG]

Just in time: I'm not complaining about this release, I'm just trying to know if there are extended features beyond the use of 4/4 loops.

As always, thanks for comments/any help! [​IMG]

3. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

This library is for lazy people. I won't recommend it. Dial a guitarists or use another vsti if you can't get a real guitarists.

4. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

Anyone else think it's weird how often someone here will leave a comment that has nothing to do with the question? Do they think they're being helpful? You think they didn't understand the question or they just don't care? Oh well.

To answer your question....RTFM!

Haha, just kidding. No seriously though, I'm not going to reward your laziness. It really does explain it in the manual. Why wasn't your first reaction to take a peek inside?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

yes. all the time.

personally, i'm not a fan of any of these 8dio libraries - especially the ones that are nothing but loops mapped out on a keyboard. but when someone is asking for help on how to use that library, i'm not going to poke my head in here just to say that i don't like 8dio. some people just don't have a filter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Ponstory Games

Ponstory Games Ultrasonic

It's really starting to get on my nerves. Everyone on here knows the answers to these questions; we've all run into them before. But for some reason people would rather reply with some pointless criticism of 8Dio or some other nonsense rather than help out the person who started the freakin' thread. Please get a grip, people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Since the loops are recorded as loops and not sequenced samples, I believe the only way to get where you want would be
    A) Edit the Kontakt scripts to change loop points according to your time signature (the hard way) or
    B) Just record the loop in your DAW, split the loop into 16 even slices (I recommend Ableton ;-) and change the time signature there.
    I know, that's far from intuitive and I wouldn't call this a workflow, but it works for any instrument and loop and if you get used to it, you're not dependent on instrument or loop features anymore.
    If you want it the more fun way, you could record all your best Aura creations and import them into multiple instances of Sugarbytes Egoist or Stylus RMX, then dial in any time sigs you like.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Dear fiction, that's the answer! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and all the best to you. :bow:

9. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

You're very welcome :wink:

10. robbieeparker14

robbieeparker14 Producer

Bouce midi to wav then stretch to time sig and tempo?

11. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

In my opinion 8Dio is deceiving people by making these already composed libraries.
    I think loops are an industry for money making and It's not the real music.
    I hoped people could work together to record music. You can use a simple vsti to creat your sketch then a real guitarist will do the rest. Where has the joy and fun of groupwork gone? Or it's the laziness or avidity for all of the money?
    I'm giving my experience to help @Mynock in his journey of music production. Why other people complain when hearing the truth?

12. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hi metaller and thanks for participating in the post. I understand your dissatisfaction with the use of loops. I understood your comment in the sense that there are better alternatives than using libraries made of loops, exclusively. Despite being a guitarist too, for a long time I was against the use of loops. But the minimalist and pop songs that won the world are proof that the loops usage have come to stay. I believe it's possible to make some good music with loops. In the end, it is a conceptual work because it depends on the way it is used. I usually use loops in very short sections in some of my scores, but I prefer to write and use sample libraries and virtual instruments (I mean, no loops) whenever possible. The advantage is that those timbres and effects come in optimized packages. Everything works well, within a set of limitations, until the moment when you need something beyond what is offered by the library, such as the situation that started this post.

Thank you all for participating guys!