70% OFF: Waldorf Edition 2 Plugin Suite ($24)

Discussion in 'Software' started by D-Music, Aug 23, 2022.

1. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

https://audioplugin.deals/waldorf-edition-2-plugin-suite/

Only $24, and you can also choose a free gift. For example:
    https://audioplugin.deals/product/free-gift-of-the-month-forager-mini-by-harvest-plugins/

I used D-Pole in the past for creating hardcore kicks, as there are not many tools that can crank up a 909 the way D-Pole does (Tone2 Filterbank3 comes to mind, but it's only 32-bit). Never bought the whole package though and stopped using it, due to compatibility issues. However, the following message sounds good enough for me:

For what it's worth, you can also earn $4.80 credits if I'm correct. Anyway, it seems a good deal to start using D-Pole again and PPG Wave 2.2V + Attack as well. But before buying, let's see what others think. Because I've also read some messages about lack of (future) updates, support etc. but I'm not that familiar with Waldorf tbh, so who knows.

3. tripaseca

tripaseca Noisemaker

I didn't buy PPG Wave 3.V for $19,99 some weeks ago because just navigating the plugin crashes Logic Pro X . So I'm not sure if Waldorf plugins are a good investment anymore. Even if they can be opened on the latest macOS they are too unstable. That really sucks because those plugins have great sound.

4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I saw this but this plugin is abandoned, no update since long time and the GUI is not adapted to actual resolutions.

5. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Ah, wasn't aware of a newer version. But if they don't work properly, it might not be the best deal after all. Hmz.

I started to use iZotope Trash2 as an alternative for 'extreme distortion' but somehow, it never really matched the other 2 examples. Just found this thread though: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=561239 and it seems that Cableguys DriveShaper could also work. Received it for free once, but never used it. So will give it a try. As PPG Wave and Attack aren't that interesting, don't really need them.

6. THaTGuY

THaTGuY Newbie

Where does it say that it is abandoned?. I have them all running fine on Ableton 11 Mac High Sierra

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I mean abandoned because there is no serious updates. No new functions. Not adapted to new graphics cards, etc...

8. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

That's old for me, as I'm using Monterey. So if something isn't compatible anymore due to lack of updates or isn't working properly, it's a no go.

Cableguys DriveShaper actually does the job! Default mode (full beat, no multiband), drive at 100%, hard clip. Should be a similar result, compared to the overdrive knob in D-Pole.