64bit DAW?

Discussion in 'PC' started by dodgy88, Jan 6, 2012.

1. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

guys..... im stuck and need some help...

Are there no scene release or any release of cubase 64bit? any version?? nuendo???
    I was just getting setup and started installing everything only to find out air has never released a 64bit cubase... and they never will by the nfo. i found another release by a guy named Antony_GR which had a pack with a 32 and 64bit installer, tried to install that but it wont install the 64bit for me, Windows 7...

Now im stuck trying to figure out what to do, i really want cubase, its all i need, im happy with it and i dont care what people say that one daw is better than the other, im even looking around for some rebates on it and see if i can go straight with it, its just too much money... unsure if scene plugins will work on it?... I need 64bit cause my templates requires anywhere from 8Gb and up, (Orchestral, VSL, EWQL...). im looking at Sonar and i hate it, i hear its good but its just like cakewalk to me and i never could get any work in it cause i hate the interface with all its buttons and text... Ableton is just not my thing, im just doing orchestral midi scoring... Logic would be great, i think its the best daw out there for guys on a hobby level, but hackintosh for audio production.... i dont think so... was even looking at MOTU DP7... damn that routing in that thing... bidule.... god help me...

3. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

I know you are set on Cubase but have a look at Presonus' Studio One. Wolfgang Kundrus, who was the main software architects of Cubase and Nuendo, is one of the developers of Studio One.

4. Bluespiral23

Bluespiral23 ex.mod

:thumbsup: You may give a shot to Cockos REAPER v4.14.x64 :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

http://www.reaper.fm/

here some reviews:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/computers-software/digital-audio-workstations-daws/reaper-4-499919/review

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct11/articles/reaper-4.htm

Team Core did it:

Cockos.REAPER.v4.14.x64.Incl.Keyfilemaker.And.Patch-CORE :wink:

but is also really cheap.... so if you like you can buy it :wink:

5. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

there are no cubase\nuendo 64bit releases?
    doesnt matter what version as long its post SX...

6. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

I think SONAR X1 got closer to Cubase than previous versions did.
    Especially the tools that have been completely changed from now on.
    So, maybe, you should get deeper into it as I really think these 2 DAWS are the closest on the market... but I may be wrong, subjectivity is necessarily a big part of such a thought.

On the other hand, once you know it a good way, X1 was a real improvement, especially when it's about audio quality.
    I really think he's nothing to be ashamed of compared to Logic either Pro Tools now.

And last but not least, the x86-x64 VST bridge is quite stable.
    Never had a single trouble to open big multi tracks projects that feature unfrozen tracks and dynamic busses anymore.

64-bit fucking rules!!!
    ;-)

7. redback

redback Newbie

If you really want Cubase x64 that bad you're gonna have to pony up the cash my friend . . . to be honest it's really not that expensive, and worth the cash.

Yes, scene releases work on it perfectly.

Alternatively, can you not use Cubase x86 and run your orchestral libraries through jBridge?

8. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

just found about jbridged... 650 dollars redback....

9. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

i would just buy it thats what i did years ago i luv cubase i tried pro tools i think it sucks cubase work flow is so smooth and fast and powerful and if you buy when they come out with new versions you can up date for ever for only $150 dollars i am about to up date to 6 but i bet it wont be long before there is 7

10. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

maybe pro tools was good cause all the best engineers were using it, they know how to mix and get good results, kills any cubase mix u ever heard...

i will most likely find a used copy and pay up for it, really wich i could just pay up for it right from steinberg, its still just a hobby, but if i get goin what i saw working im sure ill pay the full price. it is worth it, but not if youre not using it.

11. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

joeo your rite about the hard ware they have for protools there HD interface is nice and top of the line in fact i em using steinberg MR 816 csx interface and it works grate cubase 5 and i even e mailed steinberg to ask them if they are going to come out with a HD interface have not herd back yet thats one thing to about steinberg now is there costumer service is crap now since the economy went to hell they stopped there phone support and even in there e mails they dont want to be that helpful

12. dodgy88

dodgy88 Newbie

i bought c6, jbridged was ass.

13. paulita

paulita Newbie

i would love to buy nuendo x64 but its too damn expensive...

14. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Jbridge sucks. I mean it sounds like a great concept but roughly 50% of plugin's will crash it in my experience. Also seems to suck down memory like no ones business.

Other than that the whole x64 thing with DAW's really only matters with memory. Daw's like Reaper have no set limit which means even on x86 you can use as much memory as you want. On the other hand DAW's like FL Studio will only accept 2 but if your on x64 and use the FL Studio Extended Memory you can use as much as you want especiall if you have x64 plugin's it automatically bridges them

So maybe I'm missing something but besides more memory what do any of these DAW's do beter in x64 than x86?

As for the whole Pro-Tools HD... Pffft. in all honesty besides a few small things not much better than m-powered [regular] with a few more options. But then again I hate pro-tools. Mostly because Avid is a very corrupt greedy company that tries to make money off their customers at every turn for bullshit. I won't even count how many times I had to yell at their support staff for being morons, or their attempts at scamming me out of money because of their retarded iLok policies... Anyway fuck Avid, HD or not. Every other Daw does 95% of what Pro-Tools does and that 5% 99% of people don't use...