64 bit DAW, Why not?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Mostwest, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Hi, I have Windows 7 64 bit and intel i7, I tried FL, Ableton, Cubase all 32-bit. all good DAW, but no one can fully exploit the processor, so I struggled with tracks that require different vst simultaneously. Very recently I switched to Studio One (64-bit), before trying it I was really skeptical, but after trying it I had to change my mind completely. In fact, I found myself immediately in tune with the DAW, but the thing that impressed me the most is that when you have installed the 64-bit version I can finally take advantage of the 64-bit processor, the vst (Waves, Brainworkx, Native Instruments) operate a wonder. I can open a lot of "heavy" vst without suffering latency issues or stuttering. My question now is because they sell only PC / Mac with 64-bit processor although many vst there are only 32-bit? why those who create vst can not think that it is appropriate to move to 64-bit versions? Mine is not a complaint because I'm doing ingneria and I know how difficult it is to compile a working program, but a simple reflection. The way I see it is like having two hearts, but only use one. What do you think?

3. martjay

martjay Member

U can try Sequoia or Samplitude,maybe all them can run 32bit vst in 64bit DAW.