Discussion in 'Software' started by Jameshow, Nov 25, 2021.

1. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

If I recall simply turning on hidden files will allow one to see the files in the "protected area" of the /PROGRAMDATA/ folder but you also have to "take ownership" of the folder (ms has set default permissions such that it wont allow a user to create files there) as well in order to be able to create/edit folders/files in there.

If you have already had success in creating/editing files/folders under the /PROGRAMDATA/ root then you can disregard all this. If not, download and install the TAKE OWNERSHIP context menu command and run it against the /PROGRAMDATA/ root so you can control file and folder contents. TAKE OWNERSHIP is a very useful powershell script that resets permissions on any file/folder/area that you cannot access/edit and gives you access to it permanently.

Rule of thumb for getting warezed UVI packages - if there is NO R2R "license" file included in the package you got then it's going to have issues when trying to use it with the falcon sampler. Also, do NOT store the actual .UFS library files under the /PROGRAMDATA/ root folder.

Here's the official process for the R2R UVI packages
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    HIDDEN FILES:

C:\ProgramData\UVI

Subfolders are:

C:\ProgramData\UVI\Falcon ---------> FalconResources.ufs (304 MB)
    C:\ProgramData\UVI\R2R ---------> COPY R2RUVI FILE HERE! R2R.UVI (1 KB) Example: 00000CD4AC600CD5.R2RUVI

Show hidden files - Microsoft Support
    https://support.eset.com/de/kb6305-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-operating-systems

Another Folders:
    C:\Program Files\UVI\Falcon ----> The "Falcon Manual" and the "Uninstaller"

Your Soundbank Folder:

1.) Create a folder with the name "Falcon" for example.
    2.) Now copy all "UVI Falcon SoundBanks" with the ending (* .ufs) in your new folder
    3.) Open Falcon in your DAW
    4.) Click on the tool wrench
    5.) Scroll down to " Preferences "
    6.) A new window opens and select "Soundbanks"
    7.) Add the new Soundbanks path, Falcon folder, where your expansions are in.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Dee Bee

Dee Bee Newbie

Mister Saccamano, I thank you, but look : I made those screenshots.
    I think my settings are Ok, but nevertheless all the presets are missing :

upload_2023-4-24_15-0-56.jpeg

upload_2023-4-24_15-1-14.jpeg

upload_2023-4-24_15-1-44.jpeg

As you can see, I don't have any Preset despite the 10,6 GB Soundbank.

Do you think this soundbank could be corrupted ? The ".R2RUVI", the program itself and the Drums mapping are working well...

3. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

In this case I believe YOU are correct. That soundbank is not complete.

4. cpstg

cpstg Newbie

Hi everyone ! I'm using macos and just bought a legit version of Falcon (out of desperation)
    And with buying Falcon, I thought the problem solved, no, I had forgotten that bloody VST license thing.
    I would like to know if it's possible to use the R2RUVI files in this case (I used to be on Windows, and i'm a bit lost with apple system) or if you know a solution to bypass the license of some VST (without using dual boot)
    Thank you :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  5. dondada

dondada Rock Star

no, r2r only works with r2r

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

Exactly. It has to be on Windows. You can try installing a VM of a Windows, or putting it on a pc and use Audiogridder (or maybe VSL type options) so that you can use it inside Logic. Not much more fun than dual booting. Instead, you can actually learn how to use it as a great plugin; but it is not the preset machine you had hoped without spending some money on expansions. At this point in time, I might have picked SonicPass.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  7. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

May as well get the subscription. All headaches dissappear after that. Sell a little music here and there on audiojungle to pay for it.

8. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

And I still can't find the licenses for the "Acoustic Toy Museum" and "Electric Toy Museum" they never appeared :dunno: :sad:

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

If you really want it, just find the Toy Suite library. It has both plus 8-Bit Synth too.

10. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

I already have "Toy Suite", but I would prefer to use those two I mentioned, you have no idea how hard it was to get them :sad:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  11. starlights

starlights Newbie

Falcon 2 in MAC OS

new release UVI Falcon v2.8.6 R2R doesn't work properly in CrossOver using CrossGridder, inside the Preferences to make further adjustments are not possible! :( is there any way to fix this?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  12. clone

clone Audiosexual

I saw a note in one, that said it would not work in a "receptor". Maybe it was Workstation, but something like that might even apply to all of them, or just some others. I would try other VM's. i'd probably try all of them until I found one working, or got clarification on it not working in any vm at all. I would do Parallels Desktop attempt first, But you could try vmware or virtualbox. The uncommon way that was phrased made me think that's what it was about; it not working in any kind of virtualization.

13. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

just want to check, anyone seen R2R's Organic Pads Falcon Expansion ? Is it released on never released ? I've been looking everywhere and cant find it. It still not appearing on the Russian tracker just yet, probably in a day or two, but did it even released ? I thought they've released the whole catalog (apart from Falcon3) for now, no ?

14. modmid

modmid Ultrasonic

There isn't, may be because runs in Falcon 3.0.0+

15. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Organic Pads and Modular Noise, the last two that are missing, are only compatible with Falcon 3.0 onwards. Everything R2R has released is compatible with Falcon 2.8.6.

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

there are a couple more that they just stopped selling at some point and took them down. Maybe Copyright claims? I don't think they would remove anything for bad sales; because all that is is server space to them. this had to be a lot of work to just remove for no reason.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  17. Gyorgy Ligeti

There is no need to update the R2R UVIEMU emulator right, version 1.0.8? Is it the same as two years ago?

18. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Yes. And it woks as before

19. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I think clone's suggestion is the best what you can do at the moment.
    Take your old PC from the shelf - it must not be the fastest one - and use it as a server for audio gridder or VSL. My choice was VSL simply because it was on the market early. And it is stable.
    So you can use Falcon 2.8.6 and all of the cracked libs now and Falcon 3 in a few days or weeks.
    Second advantage is that for really big e.g. orchestral projects, you can do an offload to the server and your main system remains responsive.
    See the VSL/griddr - server machine as a hardware instrument. So you wouldn't mind booting it up either.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
  20. Gyorgy Ligeti