48 hours uploaded.net membership

Discussion in 'UL.to Coupons' started by clearthelaunchpad, Mar 19, 2013.

1. clearthelaunchpad

clearthelaunchpad Noisemaker

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've noticed that a lot of people miss out on these offers simply due to not being present when they are posted, so...in order to make this more fair, I'll be giving this coupon to the member who comes up with the best answer to the following question:

Why is [insert your favourite producer's name here] the best producer of all time? (max: 250 words)

However...I have set a five-hour deadline, so you must reply by 15:30 GMT in order to be in with a shot. I'll announce the winner and PM the offer code to them shortly after the deadline.

Go! :)

3. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Giyo is my favorite producer, because he makes powerful, emotional and very chilled tunes. Nice beats, chilled melodies and gentle basslines. He makes everything himself, records instruments, design the sounds, mix and master it. He uploads most of his tracks for free, and I really respect it when a producer share his music because he just want to share it with the world. Everytime he uploads a new track, I listen to it and fall in love with it. Then I listen to the track nonstop for a few hours or days!

Hes also not that popular and deserves more attention, in my opinion. Check out his SoundCloud here.

And BTW, its a cool idea clearthelaunchpad, to let us do something for the uploaded coupon :wink:

4. cripple9

cripple9 Ultrasonic

Frank Zappa. Hands down, that man could do ANYTHING. I can't even begin to imagine what he would accomplish with all this technology if he were still alive today.

"Anything, any time, any place, for no reason at all." -FZ

5. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Johann Sebastian Bach is the best Composer/Producer of all time, because his works changed not only the western music history. His genius still influencing the music of the world.

Greets

6. eternaloptimist

eternaloptimist Member

cool idea, but could you give it to AlphaOne? he always misses out coz of the time zones.

anyway my fav producer is Burial. Soo much emotion in his pieces.

7. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Nice and interesting method. I am not after the code by the way.

My favorite producer is Robert Mutt Lange, because he does Pop/Rock, Modern Country Pop, Modern, Classic and Hard Rock really really well. He has some legendary albums to his name, he has pioneered various mixing/recording techniques that shaped the sounds of his era, he produces amazing hooks and key changes. I could go on but I wouldn't know when I hit the 250 words mark.

8. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hahaha, thnx Eternal for solidarying. But since he made this purpose with 'favorite producer' the timelagging is not the problem then. And i don't want to have this opportunity for myself though. Pls handle this fairly and let the best response the winner.

Cheers

9. elucidation

elucidation Newbie

Wow, I'll honestly admit that I have no all-time favorite producer. This is just a personal thing -- not at all a judgmental thing, trust me. So many producers have inspired me and countless others; so many have produced the music that has had major influence on our lives, our own personal musical endeavors, and our culture entirely. Personally, it would be shameful for me to underscore a single individual, and this is because my life has given me the opportunity to experience awesome music from so many disparate genres. These tunes have taken me through the worst of storms, given me the highest of hopes, sheltered me in the ominous depths of the ugliest depressions, and lifted me up when I was almost beneath the earth. This music comprises not only pop, rock, soul, and R&B, but also country, dance, folk, hip-hop, and even gospel; and the list goes on. I'm a lover of *music*, and my favorite producer is any producer (or producers) who has experiences to share through music, to get people through the things I've endured, to bring them happiness when melancholy inundates their reality, to experience something that makes them feel something, to SAVE LIVES.

10. xsze

xsze Guest

Never looked at artists/producers/another human being like idols or can pick any of them to represent best of the best, even can't pick favorite genre, they all have something inspirational :dunno:

11. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

Prince. This 5'1 guy shaped music since day one. The man may be strange and elusive at times but look at his Discography and contributions to R and B also POP. He's been on countless hits that we've heard and many that went under the radar under his alias names. The fact that groups like The Time and Appolonia 6, The Family among others has came from his school. Did I mention that Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis is his students? Ask Janet Jackson and Madonna about Prince. Thanks. Peace.

12. GanjaRa_

GanjaRa_ Newbie

me, because touching faders and knobs and tweaking the sound is better than sex :rofl:

13. The Last Star

The Last Star Newbie

I would have to say that Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are my favorite producers of all time. It's true that they worked with Prince, but Prince stifled their artistry before they made the correct decision to go and produce on their own. Prince himself said that The Time were the only group he was scared of and Jimmy and Terry were a major part of the group before being fired by Prince because they were working on their own music. J&T were also early pioneers of using the Roland TR-808. Their sound is distinctive and any production they add their flavor to smells of their sound. They have helped revitalize so many artists' careers and this is why I am so in awe of them. My favorite song of theirs: Human by The Human League, as it captures their 80s sound in a bottle and then shakes up the bottle and sprinkles J&T all over the mix :)

14. tek909

tek909 Member

Richard D. James
    Born: 18 August 1971 in Limerick, Ireland.

Hailing from Cornwall, England, he is one of the most prolific and experimental producers of his generation, often cited as a founder of so-called IDM dance music, and almost certainly a genius of electronic music production technique.

15. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ GajaRa_,

:wow: :rofl:

It depends of everybody's tastes... but in some cases, what seems to be your preferred taste may be less risky ! *yes*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@ PumasNFatLaces,

Undoubtedly... but I'll rather say that 'he shaped music' to his image and tastes, but of course, with his personal touch.
    As all the artists/musicians (even the most renowned !) have their own influences, you should (if not already done !) listen to another Funk Legend who's name is 'George Clinton' (for reference : 'Parliament-Funkadelic'). Listen to him carefully and you'll (certainly) understand where come from about 70-75 % of the music of 'Prince'...

Neither a complaint nor a criticism at all, a contrario !, rather a personal observation...

About 'Janet Jackson'... well, you should also ask her what she thinks about one of her own brothers : not even the need to name him for a compelling reason ! *yes*

16. PumasNFatLaces

Studio 555 I respect your thought but in the beginning Jimmy and Terry got their first piece of the pie from Who? Prince as you say did for his style but isn't that we here for and not copy anothers' path? Correct me if I am wrong, but all those chosen were trailblazers. Prince just drew a face on modern music and still like DJ Battlecat or DJ Quik don't get the recognition they supposed to. Marshall Jefferson created House with Horns and Pianos but we look to Masters At Work for that now. They are truly Blessed, but give the dues to credit that should be done. Peace Studio , and by the way I would like to hear you and maybe collab and bounce ideas with you. RESPECT DUE!

17. PumasNFatLaces

18. PumasNFatLaces

Studio, Michael not Jermaine,LOL, needs no clause to this,Prince has touch people in more ways than one in my book

19. PumasNFatLaces

Little Richard comes to mind with Prince so in that moment maybe he was imitating him and James Brown?
    Tyrone Taylor with Who's making Love.

20. clearthelaunchpad

clearthelaunchpad Noisemaker

Some really good responses - thanks to everyone who contributed - but there can only be one winner in this hugely-subjective thread. (Incidentally, nobody mentioned my favourite producer, but I'll keep that info close to my chest in case I need it next month. :) ) In an entirely-arbitrary fashion, I've given the code to Someone, purely because I had never heard of Giyo and I enjoyed listening to something entirely new to me. Commiserations to everybody else, but, as I said, there can only be one winner.

Oh, and hi, by the way. *yes*

21. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

thats a tough question.

so many genres. so many types.

beatles, rolling stones for rock. blacksabbath, metallica for metal. pink floyd, doors for alternative. above and beyond for edm, trance. bob dylan, clapton

for me the list is endless, so i don't get the coupon..