$455 Canadian For Kemper Profiler Player Firmware Updates.

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Kluster, Sep 28, 2024 at 12:44 AM.

1. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Never had to pay for a firmware update before, but this seems to transform the pedal into a full Profiler:
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/products/en_ca/profiler-player-upgrade-3.html
    Checked online comments from angry updaters and found you need to update Rig Manager to the latest beta and the phone app first or you'll be in a world of hurt.
    Will purchase tomorrow morning and install while I'm fresh in anticipation of technological horrors.
    (And I imagine the Neural DSP NanoCortex I have on order will eventually pull the same trick).

Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 12:58 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Ak3mi91

Ak3mi91 Platinum Record

What a scam. There's no way I would pay for that.

"Software upgrade [...] multiplies the memory space". Oh yeah, for sure, that's totally what it does.

4. ItsFine

ItsFine Rock Star

My main concern is WHY make a cheap version without pedal (for wah wah, volume ...) AND provide such an expansive firmware upgrade ?
    I can get a second hand Kemper Head/Rack for 900 bucks ... And an FCB1010 new for 150 to get all controls.

The same way, i still don't understand why IK multimedia didn"t created a FULL PEDALBOARD instead of ToneX pedal without any effects... WHO really want to do a "foot dance" to switch ANOTHER multi FX after it ?
    And of course not internal FX routing.

I still don't see why i would replace my cheapo GE200 with anything else. For 150 bucks second hand ...