40% Off at Steinberg Shop

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Kinghtsurfer, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I looked at the v11 features and I was underwhelmed - it almost seems that they threw in some sample packs to pad it out, realising the new features were'nt really enough for a whole number upgrade.

2. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Every company has only one goal, namely to make a profit. However, you have to get the buyer to buy these updates. If a company has the necessary know-how, there will also be innovations in the updates and some will be lured with discounts to get the users' money. Be sure the next update will cost you money again.

3. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Indeed, I made this point some days ago in the thread about DAWs. I suspect that Cubase is one of the more expensive options because of the consistant upgrades.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

2 Steinberg programmers went to America many years ago (2009. They wanted to make a digital audio workstation that was really easy to use. It's PreSonus - Studio One.
    You may still remember "Cakewalk Sonar" the competition made you unemployed. Sonar is free today.

5. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

I bought an update for 10.5 from 10. I didn't activate it. Can I get the next Cubase on Nov/Dec?

6. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

so you are snitching to the developer and point them to this thread because people using a loophole (which literrally exists for years(!)) for them to save some money while legally (!) upgrading their daw because "you are sponsored"? do you also feel the urge to snitch to developers when you download cracked software on audioz? smh..

also they could have fixed this a long time ago but they know also that if they do a lot of people who are using this technique will not update anymore at all. i wouldnt for sure. a big part why i use cubase is that with the grace period trick its relatively cheap to keep cubase updated. if i would have to pay regular update prices id 100% would not update anymore and switch to a different daw..

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  7. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Probably not as you'd be skipping over a version... this normally works with immediately following versions...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Hi @BaSsDuDe ... would you have a link to this at the steiny forums?

I just did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

Does anyone know when they will be getting rid of the USB E-Licence? I know they did say that the future would be dongle free, but they did not give an idea when.

10. anon69

anon69 Producer

Update in case you weren't aware, they're letting you activate without a single now for Cubase 12.

11. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

I purchased an update from 10.5 pro to 11 during the summer sale but hadn't activated it yet, so i'm very pleased to read your note!

Imho the reason that steinberg are being so very gracious just now is because they are looking to tie-in as many users as possible to their new licencing system... Indeed, i received a mailout from Steinberg earlier today, telling me all about the wonderful benefits of their 'vision'... that will initially require at least once-a month online log-in to keep cubase working or (later on, after they roll it out) at least once a year for so-called offline users. Man, i'm yet to see a corporate vision of the future that doesn't reek of high-grade BS... :snuffy:

If anyone's interested, they can read all about steinberg's visionary licencing tyranny here:

https://www.steinberg.net/licensing

Anyways thanks again for the heads-up on the current grace period situation! :bow:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  12. highmore

highmore Newbie

Hello @anon69 This is great news but just wanted to be sure about the upgrade and the grace period. Obviously the news is out there on the Steinberg site but you know, just in case, have you got any confirmation email or codes for C12 yet please? Just wanted to be sure before I take the leap of faith..! :)

13. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Just activated and installed Cubase 11 Pro ... now to wait for 12...for free... mwaahhahhaa

14. odod

odod Rock Star

already said goodbye to Cubase .. moving on to Nuendo 11 because of i kinda bored with Cubase lol, and now it seems i missed it again because it has so many users instead of Nuendo

15. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Urgnnnn ....
    Licensing go ahead. :) Get your one and ONLY grace upgrades. Laugh all you want. I am laughing my head off assbum69 - Read up on licensing every year renewable - YOU LOSE. They couldn't just cut the elicenser. It had to have one grace period before discontinuation.. As I said - NO MORE GRACE PERIODS. By all means upgrade to annual relicensing at the same free grace cost by taking version 12. It won't be $99 for the next one 12.5 or 13 - QUOTE assbum69 "you fucken dunce!"
    :rofl:

And seeing you are so obviously malicious, I will return it next year and rub it in your face you clown when the annual license renewals come in. :bash:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Steinberg is going to a renewable license model. The elicenser will be dispensed with. So if you want to upgrade to 12 and do it for free..... Keep in mind, if your license is for 11 with a free upgrade to 12, common sense says that if you decide you never want to do the online renewing and potential plugin scans of your VST folders, whatever you have registered on your elicenser now is possibly all you may be able to run if you stay permanently offline once you register the renewable version 12. It is possible it will write to your elicenser, but as to how it will work once licensing comes in once you install it .... Read the agreement this time if you never have.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  17. jishnu

jishnu Kapellmeister

Dude stop embarrassing yourself.
    The 'grace period' is named so because anyone who activated their update only a little time before a new version is launched, can be 'graced' by steinberg with the new version.
    If you activate an old update AFTER the launch of a new version, you automatically got a new version. No grace period in this case, you get the new version simply because they are not distributing licenses for old versions anymore.

You might wanna read up more before you pose as an insider lmao.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

hello there, I have a question:

I'm on Cubase Pro 10, and last year I bought a Cubase Pro 10.5 Update from Cubase Pro 10. For multiple reasons, I was not able to take benefit for it until this period (been away from production, long story).

Now that I'm back on this stuff, if I activate the license now, what do I obtain? I'm going to activate the license either for 10.5 or 11 or 12 or xx, but just asking: if I activate this license, will I be eligible for a free Cubase 12 upgrade? or is it a dream? :)

thank you!

source: https://www.steinberg.net/cubase/12/

19. timer

timer Producer

If you want to be sure, just ask Steinberg, but I believe it will work according to past practice.
    I used to buy the .5 updates in summer sale regulary and waited until I could register the next .0 version with it.

But since they're changing their licensing and seem to want to go from 11 to 12 directly without resting at an 11.5, I feel everything is changing and it's best to ask them directly.

20. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

If you activate your10.5 license I don't think you will b eligible for a free upgrade to 12... however you may be eligible for a free upgrade to Cubase 11.