40% Off at Steinberg Shop

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Kinghtsurfer, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  3. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

Is it worth upgrading from 10.5 to 11?

4. jishnu

jishnu Kapellmeister

lfos in sampler track, a couple plugins like squasher (ott but better) and some other minor changes that you probably already use plugins for.

the only thing that seems worth it for me is sampler track, which you can upgrade by replacing the .dll files in your 10.5 folder from the 11 version. you can install the 11 to access the folder or idk, get elements v11 from the sister site if elements has sampler track.

no need to pay a cent

5. anon69

anon69 Producer

PRO TIP: buy the 40%off but DON'T activate it. They will give you a code, wait until november/december (they release a new version every year on nov/dec) and they usually give a grace period if you activated a previous version the time they release the new one and theyll give you the new free at no cost. 11.5 is surely coming, bought my update from 10.5 to 11 but holding to activate until 11.5

EDIT: DON'T listen to BaSsDuDe's comment about htem changing this policy, straight from steinberg staff mouth and website, literally NOTHING has changed regarding this policy

from official staff: https://forums.steinberg.net/t/clarification-on-automatic-upgrade-to-cubase-11-pro/716323/2

The policy literally hasnt changed
    https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/grace_period.html

No one should take that troll bassdude seriously

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Interesting x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

++++
    btw, there will be no Cubase 11.5 - in November they release Cubase 12
    So, if you buy code, and doesn't activate now, you will save around 100$
    Steinberg Grace Period

7. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Those wishing to hold off activation which used to work, it apparently doesn't anymore. They realised a lot of people were doing this and diverted their cross-checking to their accounting invoice system of 'on purchase'. So it's now from the date of purchase, not the date of activation. Also it is supposed to be something to do with their coming dongle-free environment which nobody exactly knows what that is as yet.

@famouslut - I hope their dongle-free isn't a subscription service. That will really piss me off.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

Does it make your music any better actually if you upgrade to v11, and later to 12, 13, 15 or 20?
    Quality in music comes from passion and love you put into your musicmaking. If you have passion and love, you can create a hit even with the simplest DAW and stock plugins.

The key is to spend time and work on your mind/mindset and not spend money on the next update(s).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Thanks @Kinghtsurfer! I bought it and am already annoyed by how confusing everything now is (studio setup reorganization etcs)! But it is prettier, sooo? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ For some reason, increasing ASIO buffer now massively decreases audio performance! *groan* (But it was easy af to install, so...) No improvements to my god-awful muzak, so far :(

10. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

BS your music is not awful... slap yourself :rofl:

The 'squasher' , They stayed away from demonstrating one of its best parts so far, If you bypass everything but the upwards compression, it actually works great with soft audio parts levelling. It's more efficient than the rest so far in that plugin. Go figure.
    Supervision is good. Coupled with the built-in LUFS and peak meters in tandem it's pretty great. It's pretty hard for anyone to mess up their gain with them.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Yeah, it seems the annoying quirks go hand-in-hand w/ the useful stuff. I enjoyed messing around w/ Frequency, about all I've had time for, so far. Gonna have to check out the squasher, next. Thanks for the upvote, btw, @BaSsDuDe - means a lot coming from someone who knows what they're doing! =D

12. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Stop underselling yourself. You know what you are doing, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise because that is their problem, not yours.
    We are here to make music to the best of our abilities, all of us. Nobody writes an incredible piece of music every time they compose something. That fact is what makes the music we write that turns out to be good, mean something. :winker: You are creative, that is a gift, ignore the haters. :)

13. tnc

tnc Producer

Source of the fact that there will be no v11.5?

14. anon69

anon69 Producer

source?

source? ill take my chances

15. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Steinberg forums and so you should. I am sure they do not traverse this forum either. :rofl:

16. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

congrats!!! I've bought the license but haven't activated it... planning on using it for a free upgrade to the next version later this year.

17. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

2022 thread "Help! My license won't activate the grace period". :rofl:

18. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

So, I thought, naively, 40% off plus whatever percentage I save by upgrading from 10.5 to 11 - I'm in!

Alas, dumb schmuck that I am, the upgrade price seems to have vanished and there is only the 40% off the full price now.

Did I miss something or is the offer not worth it for me? I'm not even sure what the upgrade price was/is outside of this 40% offer as it doesn't show an upgrade price at all.

19. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You can update at any time - but you can wait until there are discounts and save a few dollars. It's marketing tricky. So watch out. Do you really need that? Better wait until next year or until version 12 comes out!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  20. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I'm not sure any of that is relevant BEAT16, it's from almost 10 years ago.

21. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Ok, I AM and idiot after all (who knew?!) The whole offer is an upgrade offer.

The question remains on its worth, I guess I need to research the features... I suspect a free update to 11.5 or 12 if I don't activate the licence won't work next time around when they ditch the dongle so that's also something to consider.

Or just stick with Ableton and forget the whole thing...