3k Computer and still dropouts and cpu Spikes - what am I Missing?

Discussion in 'PC' started by ThugLife, Feb 11, 2019.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Let me have those files. I had a long day so most likely I would get back to you in about 10-12 hours. Pirates we need to rest, too.:yes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

People who disagreed with me, please watch this video about windows defender. I have tested all the anti-virus software, the best in terms of an effect on the system performance, protection, and being free is Comodo Internet Security. Also, it is great for music production systems because you can disable all the components, and even disable the startup lunch and it won't have any effect on the system. When you wanna go unsafe places and download things you can enable that.

Windows defender takes resources even when you disable real-time protection.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@ThugLife I just got your fies. I will give them a good look with a fresh start. By the time, I get back here i guess you would have posted the newLM results. Remember to post the report plus every individual section of test. Remember to run the test as Interrupt to user process latency. Dont use the Kernel timer latency.

4. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

for sure, we all need our rest and you really deserve a good night.

yea i already started the process with 6.70 15 minutes ago. i just hit the play button. now i see what you mean. it was on interrupt to dpc latency. i will switch to interrupt to user process latency and start again.

thank you one more time and good night :)

5. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Latencymon Log 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CONCLUSION
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts.
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:42:58 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Computer name: DESKTOP-16E2I93
    OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64)
    Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., PRIME Z370-P
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
    Logical processors: 12
    Processor groups: 1
    RAM: 32708 MB total

CPU SPEED
    Reported CPU speed: 3696 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
    The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 345,212121
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2,369054

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 343,549784
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 0,863880

REPORTED ISRs
    Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 33,724567
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,000468
    Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernelmodustreiber-Frameworklaufzeit, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,000783

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 202561
    ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
    DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 206,588745
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ntoskrnl.exe - NT Kernel & System, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,024198
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernelmodustreiber-Frameworklaufzeit, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0,040590

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 4255887
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
    Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: corsairlink4.service.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 3980
    Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 3770
    Number of processes hit: 11

PER CPU DATA
    CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 38,396486
    CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 33,724567
    CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0,231244
    CPU 0 ISR count: 172822
    CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 166,746753
    CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 12,243938
    CPU 0 DPC count: 4145134
    CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6,460239
    CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 1 ISR count: 0
    CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 49,816017
    CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0,004288
    CPU 1 DPC count: 1821
    CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6,893434
    CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 2 ISR count: 0
    CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 47,261364
    CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0,024350
    CPU 2 DPC count: 12078
    CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6,764422
    CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 3 ISR count: 0
    CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 56,221320
    CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0,004210
    CPU 3 DPC count: 1517
    CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6,977097
    CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 4 ISR count: 0
    CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 54,361472
    CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0,015390
    CPU 4 DPC count: 7291
    CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6,693897
    CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 5 ISR count: 0
    CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 70,352814
    CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0,033869
    CPU 5 DPC count: 15170
    CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7,309491
    CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 6 ISR count: 0
    CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 206,588745
    CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0,025858
    CPU 6 DPC count: 11641
    CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 6,898050
    CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 7 ISR count: 0
    CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 49,772727
    CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0,006134
    CPU 7 DPC count: 2126
    CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7,251939
    CPU 8 ISR highest execution time (µs): 6,396645
    CPU 8 ISR total execution time (s): 0,002291
    CPU 8 ISR count: 3710
    CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs): 51,350649
    CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s): 0,070636
    CPU 8 DPC count: 23296
    CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7,279289
    CPU 9 ISR highest execution time (µs): 2,501082
    CPU 9 ISR total execution time (s): 0,008656
    CPU 9 ISR count: 26029
    CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs): 57,476732
    CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s): 0,013642
    CPU 9 DPC count: 4804
    CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7,285413
    CPU 10 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 10 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 10 ISR count: 0
    CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs): 53,413420
    CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s): 0,052289
    CPU 10 DPC count: 15100
    CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7,073960
    CPU 11 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 11 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 11 ISR count: 0
    CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs): 55,075216
    CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s): 0,062630
    CPU 11 DPC count: 15909

LatencyMon 6.70 Screens

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@The Pirate

I was in the UEFI or still am and wanted to switch to AHCI. I went to Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration and under SATA Mode Selection, it is indeed set to Intel RST (RAID)
    I was close to switching but it gave me a warning that this may result in data loss, so i wanted to make sure if i should do it anyways, or maybe it's even the wrong Menu, so I'll leave that for now, just like you said to make no unnecessary tweaks, ending up in a worse situation than before.

my value was set to 26. should i still change it to 14?

I also wanted to do that but same thing, i dont wanna mess up things now by making silly mistakes. I opened the IRQs tab on the system informations hardware resources but i wasnt sure if i know what to do, so i will try to clear this out first because i there is a lot in there.
    IRQ 0,4,9,11,13,14,15,16,17,54,55.........509,510,511 and then there come some with more numbers like 4294967282, 4294967283.... those are identified as Intel management engine interface, my Gfx card, usb host controller, pcie controller and 8 times the Samsung NVME controller and lastly chipset sata pcie rst premium control.
    do i have to make a string for all of them or just for the ones with the big numbers, because IRQ54-511 is all microsoft acpi-****** System

I will go to sleep now too.

Good Night Everyone

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  6. G String

G String Rock Star

@G String so you mean i should still go for the updates and upgrades except for the uefi update
    ----

I'm not sure what you mean about UEFI update. ;) The link I posted gave a way to check that the system was in UEFI mode. Just a simple check, that's all.

I wouldn't change anything until downloading and installing all the lastest drivers at the ASUS site. I would do that, then try FL and Kontakt, whatever. If you still have issues, update to the latest BIOS - from the ASUS site. Then try again.

Only after that would I go looking further into it. Until you have done those essential steps, you might be looking for an impossible thing to solve. I certainly wouldn't be touching IRQs. ;)

So, just download and install all the drivers from ASUS. - and then check how your system runs FL etc. I wouldn't go hacking at the registry (or anything else) until I had done that. And then I'd update the BIOS. And only then, if it was still hokey, would I look for any other answers.

[Rather than an overclock, CPU-ID is (correctly) reporting 4.7Ghz as the Turbo, presumably.]

• List
  7. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Glad your back on track m8, sorry couldn’t help further last night but it sounds like Paul Pi and other have brought you to some resolution.

Below is my recommendation of how to achieve a stable system with modern chips. It’s important to first think about your CPU Speed and power consumption. Most people want a PC that saves them money and does not burn electricity for no reason, however that’s not want you want from an audio system. If I can use the analogy of a car, your CPU is a monster but its been set to be a 1.1 Eco boost, want you want to do, is set it be a motorway cruiser. So, you have an 8700K its stock operating speed is 3.7 and per core over 6 cores but it can turbo to 4.7 as required, but it will also throttle down to speeds like 1.0. I would say your first job is to stop the CPU from throttling and trying to save you power, so.

1. Update your BIOS, load optimised defaults.

2. Set your CPU speed to 3.7 (the 8700’s stock speed) per core and lock it there by disabling C states and SPEEDSTEP. Watch one of the many overclocking videos on You tube and this will show you roughly how to do it but leave the OC for now and just fix the speed at 3.7.

3. I cannot stress this enough you do not want power management on your CPU with audio recording. To this effect also don’t install any fancy m’board management software, fix your settings in the BIOS so you have a clear baseline.

4. Write down every change you make so you can either undo or repeat after a BIOS upgrade.

5. Install a clean copy of Windows, update it, and do not put anything on it other than the missing drivers, prob. your audio drivers (latest version of course) your graphics driver and any USB drivers you might have missing. Make sure you set your privacy settings, but you really don’t need to be as obsessive about it as others would have you believe. Windows Pro gives you a bit more control via Group Policy’s so if you really are worried about privacy, upgrade to Pro.

6. Connect your Audio card directly to the PC do not use a USB hub. If its USB2 try and put it in a USB2 slot.

7. Set Windows Power use to High

8. Install DAW and a couple of plugins

9. Check performance.

10. If problematic run LatencyMon look for problems and check the CPU with CPUID to check it’s not running at a lower speed than you set it as, otherwise you have not done step 1 and step 4 properly.

11. Next go look at a reputable audio tweaks guide (not a gaming guide like the one posted erlier) and follow some of the less fantastical ideas, like disabling System Protection, as who wants a backup in progress while your recording. If you need a back up of your system drive do it manually. Check DAW again. As junh1024 said Hyperthreading can be a problem so you might want to try switching it off but you will loose some performance if you do.

12. Slowly build up your system checking regularly that you have not introduced any instabilities, I’m not keen on Intel RST as it made for burst rather than sustain and it’s sustain you want, golden rule is “keep it simple”, only modify if you think you have a problem and check regularly that it still works. As some others have rightly pointed out its one step at a time.

13. Only when you have a stable working system, can start pushing up the multiplier of that CPU, as always go slow, check temps regularly and check DAW performance as well. Remember your building a lean, fast motorway cruiser. Smooth with no bumps is what we want.

14. Don’t believe everything you read in forums keep an open mind, and yes, I also include my post, its simply an opinion. Check and confirm at every step and only do if you have a problem. System tray tools and optimisers are for amateurs, Windows has all the tools you need you just need to find them and that’s what Google and your brain is for.

15. Do not disable updates, when an update is released everyone knows its vulnerable and writes viruses and threats that target them. Yes, MS may F**K up occasionally but usually fixed pretty quick, what would you rather be, inconvenienced for a few days or your identity and CC info stolen…? Besides why would anyone seriously think that the first version of an OS is bug free, LOL….

Finally, don’t get obsessed with performance meters in Audio programs they do not scale in a linear fashion and are not an indication of your CPU speed, more one of total potential audio through put.

All the best.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Tygrysi

Tygrysi Newbie

Most important is to turn off SPEED STEP from Intel. It is main reason You get spikes of CPU.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

Windows 10 is a tricky operating system, rich feature set is source of problems and so Microsoft does offer LTSC (previously LTSB) Enterprise version, which is designed for critical applications, stuff like Store, Edge etc.. is completely removed;
    people on the internet create all sorts of "Lite" versions, but it's a big lottery and also security risk due to chance for hidden malware; the aforementioned version of Windows 10 is based on LTSB and is even cut down more, I prefer to use it in virtual environment whenever I need something Windowsy on my MacOS;
    drivers are another trickery in Windows 10, because the system is not designed to update/refresh them during runtime, doing multiple installations which may be dependant, can cause problems too (for ex. chipset and usb controller which isn't always a combo install);
    from my own experience, if I order let's say 20 exactly same computers from a reputable enterprise-grade manufacturer, and perform same image restore or clean install, difference of duration when installing updates can be within range of 24 hours, which is clear indication of same system not being really same;
    problem with computers nowadays is, they didn't really become any faster, let's grab an example - audio is a fresh meal you need to deliver from point A to point B - no matter how many vans you hire, only one can carry it and because of unexpectable traffic situation on roads, it will never deliver same meal at the same time every week; similarly usually only one CPU core can one elementary task, having more cores means splitting the task which often isn't even possible, and interruptions caused by all other processes, drivers, devices etc.. are "distracting" cpu core from processing the audio stream task - as you can see there's literally infinite amount of factors which influence cpu processing capabilities, and sadly (almost-realtime) audio processing is among most difficult to handle, because it's about consistency and speed, not rough power (unlike for ex. offline video rendering, which is so difficult that distributing load across all cpu cores is more efficient)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

I have pretty much the same configuration without a graphics card, since the 8700k comes with an integrated one, and I have no issues whatsoever. I only use Live 10 and sometimes Reason 10 though, and in Live I can have several instances, maybe 30, of Kontakt plus plugins with no CPU spikes at all. The only time I feel like I need a graphics card is when I use the musical rebalance in Izotope RX 7, this is when my monitor gets black for a couple of seconds and I get serious GPU spikes.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  11. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

I have read that this will seriously shorten the lifespan of the CPU.

Nothing I have tried take less resources than Defender. Malwarebytes and Defender are an excellent combination and all you need. I have real time protection, cloud-delivered protection and automatic sample submission always on with no issue. Only time I turn it off is when I install a crack. I scan my pc with Malwarebytes once a week and otherwise it's turned off

• List
  12. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Not tue, regularly running the CPU in exess of 80 degrees will, but not turning off speed step, it will harm your electric bill though. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Okay I guess I have to trust you on that. I still find it a little strange though that full clock speed all the time would not shorten the lifespan. Luckily my CPU does not spike with speed step enabled. I don't remember if my bios settings was enabled or auto

ThugLife I read your last Latencymon log and to get even better results you should try and do the updates I recommended. Maybe you not need to do the Windows repair thing, just update to latest Windows and do the motherboard updates. Instead of doing the Windows repair just do a:
    sfc / scannow in command prompt
    This is a simple windows system file repair command

14. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

cpus nowadays are designed to handle prolonged sustained loads,
    power delivery for cpu is handled by motherboard vrm power system,
    individual mobo components may die out faster if there is excessive heat which dries out capacitors faster, but still we're talking about no less than 4-5 years of use imo

15. Barry T

Barry T Producer

The advice in this video is terrible - DO NOT screw with settings in msconfig (especially the core count), and turning off Superfetch is unnecessary. There are many more bad tweaks there, best to avoid it completely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Notice those "people" who disagreed with you had convenient access to you at the very top of page 1. My suggestion to the OP was right behind yours, and those "people" did the same thing. Yet they couldn't muster up a single word to submit in this thread. So don't even sweat it or take it personal. Everyone encounters that type of bs at one time or another.

Back to the contents of the thread. I notice the OP has received an array of sorts of advice. It's not bad advice, but the majority of it pertains to performance boosting optimizations rather than fixing the symptoms he described initially. Troubleshooting involves starting with the common culprits, and ruling them out as the source of a problem before going on a troubleshooting adventure. After all the advice that's been givin here, he still needs to go back to square one.

@ThugLife If you have not done so yet. Do the "basics" and use another audio driver in FL Studio to determine or rule out whether your focusrite asio driver is the culprit itself when it comes to audio dropouts and cpu spikes. Download/use the free asio4all driver in FL Studio and see if there are no dropouts and CPU spikes.

Reseating your RAM is the next thing to scratch off the list as far as the errors you get about low memory. If you have 32gb RAM, even if it shows that it's recognized.. a direct symptom of "loose" or "bad" memory is this: errors pertaining to memory and or suddenly running abnormally slow. You should assure that you can rule these two things out for certain before going on the goose hunt. The long lists of optimizations may look enticing. But again, the bulk of those suggestions pertain to performance boosting tweaks, and not the "detection" or actual "fixing" of a problem.

17. Grandy

Grandy Member

oh man, you cant load 4 kontakt instruments with 4-5 instruments inside every kontakt and expect that cpu is low, it doesnt matter if its 3k computer or 10k computer. thats why people use vep servers for that. you're wasting time in bios and others settings because you cant solve that problem, anyway its not a problem its the way that things work. midi is already cpu intensive and if you use 4-5 instances of kontakt, which is cpu hog anyway, with 4-5 instruments inside....its not going to work. build a vep server, by another machine for it and then everything will be ok OR bounce to audio and dont use so much kontakt instruments in midi.

• List
  18. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

To check if your memory is broken run: Windows Memory Diagnostic
    This is harmless but could take a hour or so

19. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

@Daskeladden CPU frequency is not related to load, load is when you push tasks at it, frequency is just how fast it will do it. Watch the temps on something like AIDA64, no load = temp. down, even at silly speeds, add load = very diffrent story.... So you need to actually be doing something to push the heat up. Its why its important to stress test when OCing.

BTW your doing a fine job of diagnosing that PC, I'd give you a job if you came for an interview. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

sorry for the confusion. As you repeated it, i now know we meant the same. The UEFI is the new bios, so my assumption was:
    first make all asus updates, but except for the BIOS update which is the uefi update. if i'm still experiencing problems... do the UEFI/Bios update also... :) That's what I will do now before i make any other tweaks.

Thanks for all this great advice and the time you took to give me such detailed instructions.
    1. like stated above that's what i'll do next.
    2. I'm not sure for now but i think yesterday in bios the strange thing was, everybody told me my cores were unclocked even though i didn't know and power mode is enabled but on the right side in the bios i think it said 3.7 or 37x or something like that but that's what I'll check for after updating asus drivers.
    3. i had made power settings adjustments but not in bios. I'm really sorry i would have to look now whose advice it was but related to the storport.sys someone gave me a link to a forum where somebody had this problem and it was recommended to reset power settings by a cmd command. i did so and only tweaked it back to high performance mode, not making any further changes. but yes, i will follow your steps in the right order.
    4. thank you, I think this is very important and that's also what i think i will use this thread from now on for. I will start with the bios update and make my way forward through a lotta these good suggestions, always looking at how many people agree or disagree and in a logical way. writing every single step down and looking back into the thread whats next on the list. maybe i should write it all down in the right order. but before that i will make these updates, see what happens and wait for what pirate has to say, since he's taking the effort to analyze it all.
    5. i hope this wont be necessary because from my point of view, this was a clean install. the ssds have all been new and i installed everything from the ground up just for my audio needs. i never installed a game on it, surfed the internet, watched porn or else.
    so maybe my definition is wrong but i think this was a clean install.
    6. no, using no usb hub and also have a usb 2 interface plugged into usb2 of course.
    7. lt is on high performance mode, but like i said its the only tweak i did after setting it to default yesterday. didnt make any power setting tweak in the bios/uefi
    I think 8. and 9. are for a new win installation or did i get you wrong? so I guess i have no answer on that right now. hope it wont be neccessary :S
    10. I will run latencymon for the first time after making the bios updates. feel free to correct me if im wrong. i just try to put all the ideas in a logical row.
    11. that's what i meant by very first post by "i already did try optimizations for audio pcs for win 10". I looked into a Win 10 and the Focusrite Win 10 optimization guide and followed most, but not every instruction. But it's been more than half a year now, tbh i really dont remember everything i did and didnt do.
    12. also very good point. That's exactly what I'm up to. I was just installing everything, setting it up, hoping to get it set up for once and forever. I'm not into making big changes from one week to another nor am i greedy or want to get beyond limits. I just wanted to ask if this really is the limit or i'm missing something and if theres a way to get this system close to what i want it to be, i'm ready to do what it takes or at least a lot of it and there at least seems to have been a problem with my system. and i'm really glad you all helping me to achieve that.
    13. Yea you already noticed i'm not so good with those things, i didnt already want to push it. i will if i need to but as in 12. i just want that stable system, and want to make sure to make it last as long as it can, i dont want to harm lifespan or else unless i'd have to.
    14. also very good point. a lot of people know better than me and thats why i really see a value in all of your comments. but as you may see, i'm not like oh new idea, get to the pc and do it. i read everything carefully, look at agreements, disagreements, other statements and if i have further questions, i ask again before i change anything just to make sure, because the last thing i want to end up is a mess.
    15. my system is usually offline. i did that on purpose. i have a shitty fucking loud old pc for internet and stuff and kept this one offline to keep it as clean as possible. that's why i didn't look into updates or stuff. But i thought my system was close to being up to date as it is not old. It's just been the last couple weeks i started to work, before that, i just went through installations and stuff, tweaking the system for all the security stuff to be put off, because i was annoyed that anytime i put off the realtime protection, microsoft by default puts it on again and we all know why realtime protection sometimes is annoying^^. and as my pc is offline i thought i would have no need for any anti virus things as they just waste a whole lot of energy and i thought alone this would give me a great advantage over my old Multimedia machine that i used for everything and put every trash on.
    And finally thank you for all that, really appreciate it :)

thank you, i didn't know about that. i saw threads in here talking about win 10 ltsb and that it was recommended by a lot of people but i really didn't know what that meant for the mentioned reason. thanks for the insight. but you already named the problem. like i said i have had no experience with that and always thought what you mentioned, unoffical win versions are full of crap, malware and stuff, and thats why i thought the best would be to go for an official version. - nooby me :) but anyways, i would not know any source nor else i would trust to and reinstalling windows is the really last option for me and if i would do so, the question would be again, follow the advice of so many users in here and then go for win 7 or stay with win 10 because of future compatibility issues. but thats not the point for now. like we said step by step and this would be the last one if everything else fails.
    to the driver point. that's what i was so scared of. see my old computer is from 2012 and wasnt the best back then, so i really can't tell you if i had no problems on win 10, cause i would not have bought that new pc if everything ran smooth but that's what i thought why i need a better machine. but i think driver and software compatibility wise i had no problems on win 7 why i really did not want to switch but yea you already know the story.
    your example with the meal is good illustration. and that's why i went for the 8700k. first in 2015 i planned to get the 6700k, by that time i read a lot about that with always the same problem, some people say this, another one says the opposite but one statement that i took on that was that for audio processing it was the most important thing to go for a higher per core performance than into many cores because a lot of daws would not be able to handle more than 4 cores, which i think isnt true anymore but anyways, i read a lot about not going for a xeon 12 or 16 core monster, because i would not participate that much from it. that's why your example led me to this. you can have 96 cores, but if a daw can only handle or access 12 of them, you won't have a performance plus. i think i got you on that.
    thank you. first when @Daskeladden said it could harm, i was like better not, but now that i read the other statements, and yours, i'm sure that's another good Idea to do next. :)

thanks for your feedback. so another one. if it's not about the different daws, we should have a similar performance.

Sorry i will answer all of you and thanks so much for your care, but if i continue to write so much, i will have no time to do any of the suggested things hahaha so i guess i will start now by taking my dog for a walk and starting those updates.

Really i appreciate all of this and i won't ignore anyone of you, but this is totally overwhelming hahah

I will first make the updates, do everything i stated above and wait for pirate's instructions before i go on. after doing so i will keep you updated.