3D Characters

Discussion in 'Our Art' started by DarthFader, May 24, 2016.

1. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

I was an avid reader of ImagineFX right from the first issue. The illustrations and articles gave me the confidence that I needed to switch from airbrush art to nothing but digital applications.

What a lovely surprise. Many thanks for the link to the work that you have posted on cgsociety. It brings back oceans of happy memories.

2. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Ah cool! Yeah, those years when cgsociety was at its peak were some awesome times. Made some great friends with incredible artists and even got my break writing tutorials for IFX because of that site. Really miss cgtalk, its just not what it just used to be these days.

3. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Your passion for audio is interesting. I create visual pieces (2D/3D art, physical sculpture etc.) in order to reveal the images that float before my mind's eye whilst I am designing a sound, or song, or background track. What about you? Do you create sonic canvasses in response to external cues, for example a video/film production, or is your technique with audio more like a radio experience, i.e. the sound is the message and it is entirely up to the listener to visualise his and her own visual reference?

4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

No, my approach to everything I do is more regimented and goal driven. I don't really tap into feelings or metaphysical abstractions in order to create. Everything needs to be task based for me otherwise I feel as though there's no order to what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm a bit different in that sense than a lot of artists I know. I've never been a "feel" artist. I'm more of a math problem kinda guy just with technical skill.

5. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Great answer. :)

6. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Haha thanks! :)