32 lives AU 32bits adapter LogicX

Discussion in 'Software News' started by ovalf, Sep 6, 2013.

1. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

In July 2013, Apple introduced Logic Pro X, the next-generation version of its professional audio software, bringing many new features and improvement, and updated user interface. Moving forward with new technologies, the new Logic Pro X is a modern, 64-bit only application, which means that older 32-bit plug-ins will no longer work in Logic Pro X. Previous projects that were created in Logic 9 or earlier that include 32-bit only plug-ins, would not be able to fully open in Logic Pro X.
    see more
    http://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives

3. angie

angie Producer

Orpo! How much will it be that ultra low latency they are speaking about?? :wink: :wow: :snuffy: :bleh:

4. daisydd

daisydd Ultrasonic

Thank you so much ovalf
    Have a great day :wink:

5. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Radix products are great, no latency will be higher then the old days with amigas and Dos.
    Only newbees that only know instant joy can be afraid :rofl:
    just joking :mates:

6. lisapower

lisapower Member

What i really hate is if there is no option to try before buy!
    And this option would be very welcome for this product.

7. bigdssf

bigdssf Newbie

@lisapower I agree! But it looks like we finally got our solution! (Hopefully)

8. ibananov

ibananov Newbie

Sooo. My friend bought it recently. It doesn't work properly yet. Has a bit of bugs. Can't wrapping a lot of plugins altogether, only one plugin per one operation. But eventually - IT REALLY WORKS! It hasn't two different windows of one plugin, where u had to open shell window, and only after that u can open plugin window directly. Oh.... Thats annoying me in Logic 9! "32 lives" convert all your 32 bit plugins in real 64 plugins. No shell windows anymore! Why we don't have a trial version? Cuz it will be cracked right away. But SoundRadix is really respected developer and i don't have any doubts about this product. In the future it will be the best 32-64 platform bridge. I'll buy it 100%.

9. ibananov

ibananov Newbie

Finally i bought it! Sonnox worked totally(except DeNoiser and DeBuzzer). Slate Digital works. Softube work incorrect, knobs don't move, sound is changes though. DUY plugins work perfect! Sylenth works great! Antares work. So, research continues!))))

10. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Ok, I bought this one, but Logic Pro X (10.02) does not validate ANY of the ressurrected (64bitted) plugins. What am I doing wrong? I will write to the support now.

11. ibananov

ibananov Newbie

Thats weird. Everything should be ok. I don't know. Fix permission. Clean your system with CleanMyMac 2.

12. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Permissions fixed. Logic Pro updated to 10.03. Still the same. I won't have my system botched by any strange cleanmymac software, sorry.

13. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

By the way, the support refused to provide me with any technical help. :dunno: At least they gave me a full Paypal refund. I'm through with this.

14. ibananov

ibananov Newbie

R u serious??? CleanMyMac2 is awesome app, which allows u to keep ur system in real clean condition. Apparently u don't understand how it works.

15. ibananov

ibananov Newbie

Me and a lot of my friends bought this app(i mean 32 lives), and we all have some troubles, cuz we have a deal with beta app for now, but in spite of this - it works for everyone of us!!! Furthermore, almost every day i sending my reviews bout how it works with diff plugins to developer of this app. And he always responds. So ur phrase "the support refused to provide me with any technical help" sounds too weird if its true. I see only two reasons of ur problem. Or u're lier, or u have a big troubles inside ur system.

16. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

I wrote a message to the support telling them that I wanted to test 32 Lives Beta with Arturia Analog Factory first, but it didn't work out. Logic Pro did not validate the resurrected plugin.
    Then I got an answer from Nir Averbuch and he told me to wait until the version 1.0.0 release before trying to use 32 lives. Also he told me to update Logic Pro X to 10.03, which I did. That was all. Not very helpful.
    After I told him I updated to Logic Pro 10.03 and still having the same problems, I asked him if he could provide me with any technical help or if that would be the final comment on that subject.
    Then he said "Absolutely. We're continuously working on improving 32 Lives and we strive to clear all issues by the final release."
    After that mail I asked for a refund through Paypal and he gave it to me immediately. That was the only cool thing about 32 Lives.^^

Anyway, I got my money back and I got my Vienna Ensemble Pro 5. So whatever...

17. sir_sparhawk

sir_sparhawk Newbie

Hi all...

sorry if my english is not perfect...

after two days of testing here are my first impressions:
    the software is pretty much a bridge as the one already present on Logic 9, initially scans the folder component and detects all the 32bit plugs. at this point you just decide to make a plug which resurect and the software creates a version called x64 plug.
    after this, at launch Logic X that will obviously re-scan the plug noting the new x64, many do not pass the first AU validated, it will be necessary to force them individually ... 99% will pass the 'AU Val.
    I remind everyone that the software is still in beta, so it definitely will still have some improvements, and I hope so, because during the work phases are not without problems ... many plug behave in a normal way, but many, like Sylenth/oxford/and others crash lives 32 when you try to editing sounds,if you remove the plug, or other operations, close song and reopen.... the crash risk there is of course. I have not had time to test all of the plug, there are too many, about this we can read the compatibility list on software house web site...

this happened too much if u try to load a Logic 9 song, and Logic 9 song became too big...example from 6mb (on 9) to 74mb(on X)...probably cause the 32/64 plug's load...

although currently, for people like me who work there, I do not think it's wise to work with with Logic 9 song converted/opened with X...

if u start a clean Logic X song, is better, not many crash...(after 8 hours of work only one)...the plug's works good, but u need patience durin the first load, they take more time then 9...
    i will update u...

bye :wink:

18. ibananov

ibananov Newbie

I repeat one more time - it is too weird, cuz i have installed Arturia Analog Factory TOO!!! And everything works fine!

19. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Well that's great for you. But I don't know if you really got my point, which is, that I was left alone with no support and technical help. So I had no chance to get this program working for me. I tried a lot of things on my own though. But I think a good support is essential, especially for a beta version software. :dunno: Or am I totally wrong? Should I figure out everything on my own or with other users? I don't know even why they have a support when they refuse to help some users...

20. ibananov

ibananov Newbie

Well, i think developers just don't want to dwell on the problems of the source of which isn't clear to them. It's better to deal with correcting obvious problems. I think in the future they will can help you. Good luck.