32 bit software not installing on 64 bit Windows 7

Discussion in 'PC' started by oska, Feb 19, 2014.

1. oska

oska Noisemaker

Hi folks

I have some old guitar training material which have to be installed and will then run on its own GUI. Namely:

eMedia Guitar Method 2
    emedia Blues
    guitar hits 1 & 2

I am on windows 7 64 bit. I have to first mount them as virtual DVDs and then when I run the setup, I get the 32 vs 64 bit incompatibility message (screenshot attached).
    Normally when we right click a file and choose to run as administrator or to run as backwards compatible, does it change the installation file slightly? I ask this as I was wondering whether the problem is due to the installers being on virtual DVDs which are readable only and will it work if I copy the contents onto the hard drive and then try the installer compatibility again?

Any help solving this? I am not sure but I think i had run them on my Windows XP way back, maybe the OS was 32 bit, i guess.

thanks a lot

Attached Files:

3. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

maybe corrupted installer, but mostly old installers, I have similar situation with my app writen in C# (sharpdevelop) for XP (from 2007). App can't run on windows 7. Then I download latest sharpdevelop and again build application (32bit) and everything's work ok.

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

JBridge?
    Nonsense.

Either get hold of a 32bit Windows (XP) machine, or download the free VMware Player, create a new virtual machine with a new disk big enough to hold the unpacked tutorials plus enough extra space and install Windows XP 32bit on it. Then mount the DVD images in VMware player as DVD drive(s) and go on.

The good thing with this is that you can store the VM on an external hard drive and only attach and run it when you need the tutorials.

5. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Is the installer 16bit? You can't run 16bit exes on 64b windows natively (but 32b windows should work).

6. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I also think its 16bit looking at those files packed Windows 3.1 style.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2045345/run-an-old-program-on-a-new-pc.html

7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

You can install the free VirtualBox, create a VM with the OS that match your software and then install this latest into the VM. Should solve your issue.