30% of u-he Bazille

Discussion in 'Software' started by Clandestine, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

u-he are offering a 30% discount on Bazille for a short period :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Bought it yesterday & must admit that I'm pretty damn impressed with what it can do *yes*

There no factory presets included as of yet but is easy enough to create you're own.

Personally I think the possibilities with this synth are huge & the modular sound is immense!

It's a little like ACE in design but seems to consume a lot less RAM.

At a price of £65 I reckon it's a bargain & maybe good to grab it now at a discounted price for those who interested.

Anyway jusy thought it worth a mention & the link can be found below :wink:

https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/checkout.html?PRODUCT[300627958]=1&js=-1

3. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

thanks.

but since i've watched Xfer Serum Synth video, i can't sleep normally.don't know why.. :)

4. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

What sample reate and bit resolution does this run at?

I'm tossing up between things like the TI-Snow @ 24bit-192KHz, or others X at 96KHz,
    I know high rez consumes high CPU but I'm an audiophile so an live with that.

5. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

haven't tested it, but i think a synth like this, that is supposed to deliver the best quality as possible, can do:
    44.1-- the standard, even an integrated audio card will handle it
    48-96Khz-- becoming the standard, even an integrated audio card of a laptop, or a motherboard, can handle it.
    192KHZ - high-end sound cards of tomorrow, almost the standard, today. a motu, even a steinberg ur824 can do 24bit 192Khz.
    384KHz- dxd formats, probably will be supported by pure audio blurays...

so i would say bazille can handle 192KHz.

but like diva, and other vst instruments, which a single note can destroy a multicore 4GHz cpu, what is better ?

a vsti that renders audio at 192 or 384KHz, but at an average quality, or
    a vsti that renders audio at 48KHz, but can do oversampling 2x, 4x, 8x, etc ? or is the oversampling used solely for reducing artifacts, aliasing, etc, at high pitches, etc etc ?

maybe the sdk standard forces plugins to render audio at the same sample rate as the DAW where the plugin is inserted in, or the current audio interface settings....

i am sure some pros will give us some explanations :wink:

6. copylefter

copylefter Producer

48K with 8x oversampling will do the job for 99% of tasks. I sincerely can't understand the need to record at more than 96k (48/24 being more than enough for most mainstream music if one know how to properly mix) for
    stuff that will go on CD and even mp3. For audiophile stuff, maybe classical music that will be released on HQ supports I understand the need,
    but I often hear people claiming to record at 192, cause "it sound better", while they record commercial rock (that will be heard by 99% people on 128k mp3) and they slam it again a brickwall making it bleeding :dunno:

7. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

@copylefter : once again...we are on the same wavelenght :mates:
    24/44 for music only, 24/48 for music on video

And if i need mastering, export in 24/96

audiophile : ppl spending thousands bucks to hear things nobody, even mixing eng and mastering eng, heard during recording, mixing and mastering

Or : ppl spending thousands bucks to hear a fly farting in a ribbon microphone
    :rofl:

Frankly, almost all synths do oversampling very well. We are no more in the days of crappy aliased to hell plugs :wink:

8. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

the craziest part, is when a magazine is reviewing 2 turntables, one at 15'600 euros, and the other, 15'750 euros, and the guy will say the more expensive model is better, the sound has a better definition, the musicians can be heard where they were playing, and the difference in quality is actually huge. of course :)

9. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Synthmaster was and is buggy and a mess. It does sound nice, but due to buggy bit it's rather unusable for me. I sometimes use the magware versions, though, as they seem to work alright. :wink:

11. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

synthmaster works fine here. and once you start buying some 3rd party extensions, you will see how great it sounds.

12. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

So if someone decides to sell his product without doing sales, he is 'stubborn'.

Sorry, but that's the dumbest thing I heard in a while.

Just jealous because you cannot get your hands on a cracked copy?

13. u-he

u-he Noisemaker

Well, my wife thinks I'm stubborn too. There might be something true in this.

Thing is, sales trigger impulse buys. Impulse buys translate to not so happy customers because they bought something they don't really want, only because it was cheap at the time. The better the discount for the software, the more likely it'll collect dust in some random folder on some random harddrive and never be used.

Sales also require companies to shift the revenue stream from initial sale to money generated after sale. Thus sales also translate to higher upgrade prices. It's a customer milking scheme.

Lastly, sales alienate existing customers. People feel ripped off if they buy something for the full price, only to learn that they could have had it cheaper a few days later. So the "best" customers (those that are prepared to spend the most) are excactly those that get slapped in the face when a software suddenly drops 50% in price. What will that do to the resale value?

The only sales that make sense are those where a software is *always* on sale. Which we can observe with some high priced "boutique" plug-ins out there. Normal price $349, now (pssst, forever) $149 forever. But that's false advertisement and it's forbidden within the EU, for obvious reasons. Makes software look more expensive and valuable than it is (fraud, anyone?)

No guys, we're stubborn. No sales, only happy customers.

- Urs

14. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

how many weeks before bazille go full price ?

15. copylefter

copylefter Producer

@McCookie

16. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

+1700 presets, that's a lot of sounds!