"3 Long Minutes Of Irritation" - Can you take it?...and MAKE IT!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Beth, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah i didn't think it was a max crime to post this, since the thread has already "climaxed" :chilling:

2. Beth

Beth Guest

..."Afteglow" :wink:

3. Bukowski, Burroughs, Kerouac and Cohen, these are the guys I read until my young teen eyes bled. But as much as I wished I just couldn't get with Ginsberg, couldn't find a comfy place between his lines to bed down . Wordsmiths to live by.

4. Beth

Beth Guest

Just reading 'I'm your Man - the life of Leonard Cohen' .....excellent insight into the mind of a 'genius' ! Highly recommended :yes:
    My older brother played him all the time so it oozed into me i think.

5. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

[​IMG]
    WOOOW! great v1.0 :thumbsup: @Beth really nice job assembling this and unleashing it upon the world! :rofl:

...and @ned944 f* awesome video! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

and ofc, thx to all who have contributed and supported this in any way! You are the real MVP :bow:

6. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Thanks for all The Compliments Guys, and Thanks Beth for the Project. And thanks to all the participants!! Grat job Guys!! Really Enjoyed Working on it. Who's Gonna start the next one?

7. I will. I hope tomorrow. Would you, @Beth, like to give some direction as far as to where we might be heading (maybe this time we could think in terms of key, groove or storyline) with this one?

My first thought, what just came at me was just a ridiculously fast strumming acoustic guitar with a droning or chanting vocal line.

8. Beth

Beth Guest

@ned944 and @superliquidsunshine

I would gladly work on a new project as I loved "Irritation" so much.

I am working on my audiosex cinematic album composition as well but I have the the time to be involved and even 'produce' another collaboration if there is interest.

I have been trying to think of ideas etc. I guess it would be good to have some sort of 'overall' concept' to hang it all on and make it focussed. That is the tricky part at the beginning. So I am open to any creative ideas from people. Lets look at suggestions then decide together where we should go.

Yes things like your fast acoustic guitar/chanting idea is a great start and example but we still need the overall concept to catch peoples interest and allow people to start getting creative within some sort of framework I think.

Any and all blue sky thinking will be good here. No idea is a bad idea.

One thought I had for myself to do at some point, and we could use if people agree, was something on the theme of 'life stages' ....birth, childhood, adolescence, teen angst, marriage, divorce, middle age, old age, kicking the bucket etc....but it could relate to things happening during those stages, emotions/events rather than just looking at them chronically.

We could even make it funny and over the top again if we want. The music/sound fx would reflect what each stage is about etc. I can even see the video coming to life in my mind now as i type :)

We could take that as a start and go for something along those lines all in one mega track......the whole of "Life In 3 Minutes" as it were lol. People can then contribute their stem for a particular 'life stage' or section of the song...maybe easier for people that way?

There could even be a theme developing for future projects..."3 minutes of ......" or "Sounds of ......."

Just an idea though. As I say I am open to anything here. Let's just see what we can come up with !

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  9. Beth

Beth Guest

@ned944 and @superliquidsunshine
    Here's an idea I'll throw out if we wanna go fun and quirky.....an updated 2016 'version' or similar of the 1967 song The Intro and the Outro by the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band:

That maybe 'of another era' but it makes me laugh :)
    maybe at some point we need to start a new thread too???

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  10. ...and superliquidsunshine with his rhesus monkey and best friend Pablo Hernandez on vibes!

11. Beth

Beth Guest

that's exactly the direction to take it ! :rofl:

...and introducing Beth and her sidekick Olaf chillin' out on stylophone, wobble board and singing-ringing tree

shall we then ?

12. Pick a key, any key, a tempo we can call our own.

13. Beth

Beth Guest

a skeleton key to unlock any door please and maybe presto and then stringendo and end with tempo primo ;)

do you think its worth a try at this one?....could be really funny :)

14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

here we go again... where is the officially official new thread so this "monstrosity " ( ? ) can be *ulp*... born ? :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  15. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Happy to chuck in my oar. The clincher for me was the Bonzo Dog band reference.

@Beth the Urban Spaceman told me that you were deliciously dark horse. I believe him and I'd bet my shirt on it.

16. Beth

Beth Guest

@ned944 may jump in too, time allowing, and hopefully others from the last project..... sounds like we're A OK systems check and ready for warp....I'll make a new thread and start the countdown so we can engage one more time into the the deep, dark, and oddball emptiness of musical space adventures ! We can boldly go where "not all that many" have gone before:rofl:

@DarthFader ...sorry! wrong tenuous movie franchise references for you i know :) the force wasn't strong in me today i guess !

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  17. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

No worries, Ma'am. So long as there's a Borg Queen in charge of things, I'm a happy chappie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. "I am the beginning, the end, the one who is many, I am the Beth!".

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Beth

Beth Guest

@DarthFader and @superliquidsunshine ... "You have been fully assimilated into the collective hive of this musical project! ....Resistance is futile !"

20. farao

farao Rock Star

I actually liked the song very, very much. Great work!