"3 Long Minutes Of Irritation" - Can you take it?...and MAKE IT!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Beth, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Beth

Beth Guest

A few days ago I started a thread called "The 10 most irritating sounds in music". Check it out now if you missed it:

https://audiosex.pro/threads/are-th...ting-sounds-in-music.25563/page-3#post-197104

In that thread the idea came up to try a collaborative effort by forum members to make an original track using all of the 10 irritating sounds...(and open to any others people may want to add).
    In the end we could create "3 Long Minutes Of Irritation - The Most Irritating Song In The World...EVER!"

So, if anyone wants to give it a go just drop me a PM.

I have put a 3 minute basic kick loop up on my SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/user-169890241

Let's try, for the sake of simplicity, to keep it to 120 bpm and the key of C major....though I am sure we can change and adapt things as needed. So if you are up for a bit of fun collaboration here's what to do...

1. Download the kick track from my SoundCloud page.

2. Fire up your DAW and add whatever irritating sound FX/music stem you can create (add a death growl, a supersaw pad, a uke, a widdly-widdly guitar solo etc etc)

3. PM me

4. I will reply with instructions and login details for a private server.

5. Upload your new stem (Wav format 44.1KHZ) to the server (don't include the original kick track though just what you came up with)

6. I'll add the stems as they come in to the track and update it each time on the SoundCloud page so everyone can see how the track develops.

Let's have some fun !
    Let's collaborate !
    Let's irritate the world !

Who knows where it may lead to?........the Most Irritating Album In The World Ever?, 15 minutes of YouTube fame? absolutely nowhere? .....:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
    • Like x 9
    • Love it! x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  3. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

Love this Idea, Let's see what you guys Come up With.

4. Beth

Beth Guest

The first stem is on the way in from a forum member so we're up and running :like: :thanks: :cheers:

Looking forward to what everyone else can add :grooves: :guitarhero: :speaker:

5. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

I didn't used your kick but you ispired me i have 3 min crazy melody, you can't forget her but it will make you puke!so warning don't listen if you are drunk or high :rofl::mates:

6. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

I actually enjoyed it for 2 1/2 minutes :bleh:...got any more? lol jk :rofl: PS: (It really was fine for 2 and a half minutes lol)

7. Beth

Beth Guest

@WolverineBlues i think i need a few painkillers for my headache after that :wink: :rofl:

That certainly hits all the right irritation spots !

Reminds me a bit of an old platform game soundtrack.

8. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Oh, you have no idea. You just can't begin to.

9. ned944

Looks like this is off to a good start :)

10. Beth

Beth Guest

OK guys...

Here we go with the result of the first couple of days worth of irritating submissions. Thanks to Lemmy, Skull and Herr Durr for their creative contributions :)

So far we've got a rather distorted heavy repetitive guitar riff, a high pitched electronic saw alarm, a widdly jingly ukulele intro and chord break, some scratching and even a smattering of growls and pig squealing...........It is what it is......be warned!... take it as it comes but take it in jest :beg:

Remember this is an open work in progress so things will inevitably change but everyone's submissions will get an airing in the final track that's for sure!

Oh and yes another warning! This is possibly 3 minutes of your life you may never get back. Proceed below with extreme and considered caution... :rofl:

Here in all its unfinished glory is... "3 Long Minutes Of Irritation Mix 0.1"

Come on now....get involved...you know you want to :winker:
    Let's have some fun !
    Let's collaborate !
    Let's irritate the world !

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  11. ned944

Like a guilty pleasure you want to turn away, not listen, you want to un-hear this, but somehow it just draws you in and seduces you with some weird twisted cult of mystery wrapped in its hypnotic aural assault.. you fall, bow to the Goddess of Audio Irritation, You are enslaved :)

I totally had to Edit this after @Herr Durr 's Comment!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. Beth

Beth Guest

@ned944 you have such a wonderful way with words !
    "bow to the god of Audio Irritation" .....i love it !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

that was an awesome stem.... geeez.. i actually like it.. now make it horrible pls.. :yes:

just needs a few more contribs.. come on guise .. help out the Goddess of AI with your irritating wavs

yes i did my part oledi.. eeeeeee eeeeee

already listened 3 x.. hypnotic horror indeed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  14. OK, sometime within the next 24 I will contribute the most horrible ukulele that I can conjure up in my small offering, to do my part in irritating the world as oyster that it might for the sake of this collaborative effort produce a beautiful pearl as art piece. I have yet not downloaded the kick track but will right after I push the green button. Cheers.

edit: Ah, sounds like the uke has already been used/abused as the introduction. I am sure that I will bring something perfectly, horribly obnoxious to the table.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  15. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I didn't use your kick, either. But here's my shit:
    I also didn't use a key. Nor a master tempo. This is just mangled shit with everything in the list.

LMFAOOOOOO

The best part is, for all the synth sounds I used everyone's favorite VI - Nexus2!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

hmm but I'm still having difficulty being annoyed by this.. :bleh:

17. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Th ewhole thing just makes me want to see what Beth looks like. :yes:

oh and..incorporate "The most annoying sound in the world"

@ 1:00

18. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

for the love of GOD.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!!! :suicide:

19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Beth...? she's the girl with the citruscope eyes... :winker:

20. djdarkness

djdarkness Kapellmeister

I have to be a part of this:). WHat an awesome idea! I"m in:)

21. Beth

Beth Guest

@One Reason ...We wouldn't normally do this but seeing as though you asked nicely...I'm the one in the hat !

[​IMG]

Now ...where's your creatively irritating stem for the the project? Some nice melisma would be good or even a touch of vocal fry. If you can't sing then a few phrases of 'to the max' autotune would suffice..........'We' are waiting !!! :wink:

If One Reason cant do it... it would be really good if someone could come up with something resembling a vocal stem. A knighthood could be discussed :invision:

@djdarkness send me a pm if you want to get involved and I'll send you all the info on where to upload your stem :thanks:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016