3.5mm audio splitter/merger 2xmale to 1xfemale

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by cruzall, Apr 28, 2018.

1. cruzall

cruzall Member

Hi Audiophiles :bow:,

I've been on a quest for a 3.5mm cable that splits(merges) audio from 2x male sources :cheers: to 1x female source.

For instance I have audio on a phone and on a laptop and I want to listen to them both simultaneously on a single pair of headphones.

I've found the usual 2xfemale to 1xmale adapters :bleh: for sharing headphones etc. I've also found some 2xmale to 1xfemale cables, BUT they're not designed for audio merging, only for specific instances of merging a mic and audio port on a laptop.

The attached photo is an example of such a cable, however in reality it's for the purpose of the mic+laptop audio thing (source: have purchased it). All the ones I've found are for this purpose, and not for audio merging.

Any ideas?

:dunno:

Many thanks for any helpful input!

[Denmark based]
    2male1female3.5.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I'd personally stir away from that idea as there's audio loss going that way. If your listening purpose is not critical evaluation of audio sources, like in mixing, then you'd be fine. A small high-quality mixer or a monitor mixer like Mackie's Big Knob is the right thing to do if money is not an issue. Anyway, if you must use a splitter cable, then you could buy the plugs and cable and have it soldered.

Best of luck.

4. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

6. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

[ Joke Removed ]

was funny but no more after three weeks

Last edited: May 10, 2018