2MGT / Metamusic Generative Tools releases "Elumia" - Free Sample Manipulation Tool for Windows

Discussion in 'Software News' started by BEAT16, Feb 23, 2023.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

2023-02-23_112040.jpg

2MGT / Metamusic Generative Tools releases "Elumia" - Free Sample Manipulation Tool for Windows

Elumia is based on a granular synthesis method specially designed for creating and experimenting with ambient soundscapes and noise backgrounds with rhythmic elements. You can construct melodic pads or atonal soundscapes from different kinds of built-in or user samples by using two-layered polyphonic granular synthesizer, chains of filters and effects, envelope generators and low frequency oscillators.

Details:
    • Standalone tool application for Windows.
    • Double layer Sample Manipulation Synthesizer.
    • Built-in Track Sequencer and two Arpeggiators.
    • Extensive modulation options for each layer.
    • Two sets of FX (separately for each layer).
    • Built-in recording module.
    • Real-time synthesis and mixing control (MIDI Automation).
    Price: Free/Donate. No installation is necessary.
    Read more at2mgt.st8.ru

Source: www.kvraudio.com/news/2mgt-metamusic-generative-tools-releases-elumia---free-sample-manipulation-tool-for-windows-57215

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

It's a shame that he doesn't make VST versions of his software (or at least not for most of them). Some of them look really interesting!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. controlthesystem

controlthesystem Member

Do you know any VST equivalent (more or less) and available on macOS? Cheers.

5. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

Damn man, I got this but had no idea there is no vst version. Oh well still some of the most interesting apps I have for sound mangling are standalone as well. Hmm, maybe they are interesting because they are standalone?

https://www.soundmorph.com
    No, but I could recommend more standalone stuffs that is also for Mac. :)
    Like: Dust, Wavewarper, Galactic Assistant & Timeflux. All of these apps are made by SoundMorph.
    Masters of standalone mangling. They have some freebies on their site too.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  6. controlthesystem

controlthesystem Member

Incredible brand thanks for reminding me. I had watched a video on their YT channel but then forgot to download. Gonna get started with Dust and Wavewarper right away!

7. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

No problem man. :yes: Yeah I like to separate & also glue together some of my own custom loops in there then fuggem up good with each of those apps then re-export those loops back into my DAW for a happy time where I chop certain parts out of the desktop mangled loops, throw them into my drum sampler then I sequence away.

Reason I chop them is because not all parts will make sense rhythmically or harmonically/melodically after they are extremely mangled several times in several apps so they lose a lot of original information.

But, those parts I also want to save in the end because they are so out there and don't deserve to be gridlocked so they work for very trippy spaced out parts with lots of granular delay glitchy techy resonant madness before bringing it back to the grid where it all makes sense again. SoundMorph is good for these types applications & no other vst has achieved what these inconvenient desktop apps have achieved quite like they have, in a great way.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

COMPUSYNTH400 - Price 19.50€ - macOS (Universal)

Compusynth is a modular synthesizer that takes inspiration from the west coast paradigm and the mighty Altair8800, one of the first personal microcomputers available to the hobbyists in the mid 70s. With its peculiar 128 bit sequencer, oscillators, filters, efxs and processors, Compusynth is a powerful sonic laboratory thanks to its generous resources and flexible routing with 1596 patch points!
    www.giorgiosancristoforo.net

Serenity is a free VST | VST3 | AU Instrument for Windows and Mac 64 bit.
    https://quietmusic.eu/serenity

Triple Cheese: Luscious and cheesy

Triple Cheese, winner of the 2006 KVR Developer Challenge, is a truly unique freeware synthesizer. No traditional oscillators or wavetables, no FM or phase distortion and no analogue modelled filters here.
    https://u-he.com/products/triplecheese/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  9. -

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2023