2C Audio apps Install problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by PsYAuM, Jun 22, 2015.

1. PsYAuM

PsYAuM Ultrasonic

hi
    I'm having the same problem installing these 3 apps by 2C Audio (Aether, B2 & Breeze). I initially had all 3 installed and working on Hackintosh running Mavericks 10.9 and Cubase 7.5. I updated Mavericks to 10.9.5 and Cubase to Pro 8. Every other Plugin transferred over and worked fine except for these 3, which all disappeared. I have tried uninstalling (2c Audio folder in application support, Component & VST. have i missed anything i should have deleted?) and reinstalling (tried installing both with and without pacifist and with permissions reset and without permissions reset) and still the same problem. In the 2C Audio folder in the VST folder there is a sub folder called mac and there is a unix file (Aether, Breeze & B2 depending on which install it was) inside it. I added .VST and put the Aether, Breeze, B2.VST direct in the VST folder and it showed in Cubase, but when i added it in an effects slot it didn’t load, yet it shows. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

3. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Yes PsYAuM I have exactly the same problem and they just will not load in Cubase 8. However the AU will load no problem in Cubase via Blue Cat Patchwork or MB7 Mixer so you will still be able to use them. Incidentally the 2C VSTs work fine in Logic via Blue Cat so there is nothing wrong with the VSTs just a minor glitch in Cubase 8. So you'll still be able to use the 2C stuff in Cubase with only the slight inconvenience of needing the BlueCat. :wink:

4. PsYAuM

PsYAuM Ultrasonic

Thanks for the heads up. does it run smoothly in a cubase workflow through BlueCat? I've heard running AU through Bidule is a little problematic so I'm intrigued to know how Blue Cat performs in that department. Have you tried Eventide Black Hole through Blue Cat?

5. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

No problems at all with Blue Cat Patchwork or MB7 in Cubase 8. The Openssh Softube VSTs, for instance, all crash Cubase 8 for me on Yosemite but those same AUs are fine in Cubase thru the BlueCat :wink:

6. Dkeymagic

Dkeymagic Newbie

Hi all
    @ PsYAuM :
    You can change bundle bit state of Aether, B2 & Breeze VSTs so they'll turn into packages and will be recognized by Cubase 8. You can do this with File Buddy for example : drag and drop VSTs on it then check "Package" box and save. That should do the trick...

(Sorry for my bad english)

7. PsYAuM

PsYAuM Ultrasonic

Thank
    s

8. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Thanks for that contribution Dkeymagic - I'll give that a try:wink:
    I'm on Yosemite and File Buddy will not work properly on Yosemite but thanks anyway

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  9. Dkeymagic

Dkeymagic Newbie

You can also use a Terminal command for this (you may need to install Command line tools first). Type this, without the quotes :
    "setfile -a B "
    Then drag and drop .VST folder and hit Return
    If nothing happen, relaunch Finder (Option+click & hold Finder in your Dock and choose Relaunch)

10. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Hello Dkeymagic I've installed Command Line tools and followed your instructions but, after dropping either Aether.vst or Breeze.vst folders into Terminal, all I get is: "Invalid file attribute" and "file not found". Any ideas?????????

11. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Back again Dkey - I can confirm that your method works. I had forgotten to leave a space after B .Problem officially solved:wink:

12. PsYAuM

PsYAuM Ultrasonic

The strangest thing happened for me. A couple of weeks ago I done a security update and then rather bizarley all the 2c apps showed up and worked without problem. I'm happy to see somebody else benefitted from the post though :wink:
    Also want to say a big thank you to all the crack teams for the time and effort you guys and gals put into the community and your continued sharing with us all, even in the face of some ungrateful lost souls. Keep up the great work. Each and every one of you are legends and I can't thank you enough for your efforts :bow: