25 key midi controllers with sustain pedal!?

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by kyan, Jun 1, 2024.

1. kyan

kyan Newbie

Hey,

I'm about to go on a trip for an indefinite amount of time around South East Asia. I can't seem to find any 25 key midi controllers that have a sustain pedal input. The Korg Micro Key 2's would be perfect as they are small and light - but like many others they just have a sustain button.

Does anyone know of any that do have the sustain pedal input that are similar?

3. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I have not used them, but the M-audio Oxygen 25, Novation Launchkey Mini, Arturia Minilab and Alesis V25 are some controllers with a sustain pedal input.

4. emmepicsd

emmepicsd Member

Nektar Impact LX25+

5. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

I have the M-Audio Oxygen25 as naitguy listed. It has the sustain pedal input, but I'm not thrilled with the feel of the keyboard. I made a thread a couple weeks ago asking for better 25-key options :). The Novation Launchkey was mentioned a few times as having a decent keyboard.

6. GluBloB

GluBloB Ultrasonic

I have (old) Oxygen61 and (old) Launchkey61. Oxygen has seperate keys and springs at the keys , Launchkey has just a plastic bed. https://instrumentalparts.com/novat...ornova-mininova-white-natural-key-octave-a-g/

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
  7. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The Arturia Keystep has a socket for a sustain pedal.

[​IMG]

8. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I think they only come in 32 and 37 key, but that's probably still good enough for what the OP wants... good suggestion.

I actually have the newer Keystep 37, and I like it. Not full size keys, but 25 wasn't enough keys for me (to be honest, even 37 isn't enough). I like how small a footprint this thing is though, which was the whole reason I bought it. The Keystep actually takes up less room on my desktop than my old Nektar Impact LX25+ (keystep is a little wider, but way less deep)

9. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I use the Keystep because it's tiny and so very easy to travel with. 32 keys are not normally enough, 61 the minimum for my need, but throwing my old Babyface, a sustain pedal, a laptop, a mic and cable into a backpack still affords me enough space to fill in with enough socks, underwear and t-shirts to last me a week. :yes:

10. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

I have an ancient and battered Alesis Q25. It's great and has taken a horrifying amount of abuse at home, at jams/rehersals, and live.

It's not too blessed in the knobs department, as in, it has a luxurious one slider to assign to your jollies (with bend and mod of course), but it has a sustain pedal input, and a MIDI output, you can also power and hook it using USB.

So for me, perfect, and though fairly plasticky it's been rock solid.

11. shinjiya

shinjiya Producer

My Arturia Minilab Mk2 has a sustain input, never used it, but it has one. I use the Arturia only to control solo synths and orchestral libraries, because in every mini keyboard the velocity sensitivity sucks ass.