22 May 2024: Universal Audio Luna - now in public beta for Windows

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Bunford, May 22, 2024.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have just received an email from Universal Audio confirming their DAW, Luna, has now opened for public beta for Windows.

The World’s Most Analog DAW, Now Available for Windows

LUNA is the only recording software with classic analog studio sounds built in, so you can get mixes that sound like the records you love faster, and with less hassle.

Today, we’re pleased to announce that LUNA will now support Windows through an open beta.

If you’ve been waiting for this day, or know a Windows‑based musician looking for recording software — help us spread the word and continue to make LUNA available to creators everywhere.

https://www.uaudio.com/luna.html

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. FrankPig

FrankPig Rock Star

Avoiding this until Luna has a reliable I/O for hardware. Baffling that this STILL hasn't been implemented.

4. Jeff*

Jeff* Kapellmeister

And VST instruments multi-out support. Hopefully the influx of new users can send feedback to flood the dev's to release these basic features quickly !

5. bravesounds

bravesounds Kapellmeister

Honestly, I don't know what the advantage is over other daws except for the digital summing function. Is this the reason for not releasing a separate summing plugin? I'll check it out but I hope it makes sense

6. Jeff*

Jeff* Kapellmeister

I have an Apollo so using LUNA makes it painless to record and monitor. Latency is a thing of the past, very similar if not better than a PT HD rig.
    But you have to have a thunderbolt Apollo and give in to their ecosystem.
    The Neve summing is excellent.
    Their extensions are nice, but I prefer using the dedicated plugins, but in a hurry it does a super job of a quick rough mix.

Then, the most important for me, is the workflow. LUNA is sooooo logical for my brain. Keyboard shortcuts are a mix of PT and Logic, so muscle memory is preserved.
    I've been doing my best work with LUNA because I love the workflow so I work faster therefore better.
    It's not for everybody though, so it's cool it's "free" (ahem nothing is free but you know)
    The extensions are of course not free, that's how they make cash and makes the sound of LUNA

PS: when they will code in the basic features everyone wants (HW inserts, VSTi multi out, logic style comping) LUNA will be hard to beat IMHO

7. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

oh finally, thats will ruin my workflow, actually production-recording-mixing-mastering all in Cubase, but I would really like to implement Luna for the mixing stage, I mean import the audio files and make the summing-mixing inside Luna

I think this beta is capable of doing that, loading all my VST3 plugins, I just have to check if I can use my hardware reverbs...hmm...

8. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

I wonder if we will see a version on the sister site?