2023-2024 Best Plugins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ry_cooder, Jun 12, 2024.

1. soldina

soldina Ultrasonic

At the moment I’m kinda in love with a free plugin called Transpanner 2.0 from Artists in DSP. I put this on a send and blend it in like a stereo room mic. It’s excellent to place things around and create space, doesn’t sound digital at all. Also try it by placing a channel delayer before some sources to add a tiny bit of pre delay. It’s dead simple compared to a lot of 3D binaural panners.

2. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

Cytomic - The Glue

3. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

A friendly reminder to all..

"Discussing warez (by name alone) is fine. Mentioning Audioz and/or linking to AudioZ home page is also allowed. However, requesting warez and/or linking directly to a warez post, download or 3rd party site is not allowed."

:bow:

4. Smeghead

Smeghead Platinum Record

Not exactly a new plugin, is it? :unsure: Have they done something noteworthy to it?

5. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Platinum Record

but the champion from 22 is still champion in 23 if noone defeated him, isnt it. And for making the absolute smartass here , OP didnt wrote 2023-2024 Best New Plugins .:mad:
    ---
    is the cytomics one the exact same as abletons ?

6. Smeghead

Smeghead Platinum Record

Just checked, The Glue came out in 2010. That said, yeah it doesn't say anything about being new, it just says best plugin so I guess it does count doesn't it!! :wink:

7. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

@No Avenger, @omiac, @tari, this is a really confusing situation which i haven't faced before, as we do not allow linking to AudioZ posts (only to homepage), because in the hindsight they contain warez and we cannot link to warez at AudioSEX;
    at the same time No Avenger linked to a freeware plugin, which cannot be classified as linking to warez, but it is an internal AudioZ page. :unsure:

not a violation, just very confusing, but i agree with @tari that it's better to link to the dev's home page, at least so there wouldn't be any arguments in the future with reference to this comment. :mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

One could change it to "linking to warez sites is not allowed".

9. Katze

Katze Kapellmeister

"There are some top secret plugins everyone is overlooking but of my course my vain ass won't tell you, go figure out yourself"
    Yeah, sure buddy...

10. Katze

Katze Kapellmeister

Isn't that like a multiband saturator with 1 band? Like just open a Saturn instance and click on the frequency graph to make a band for the same effect, right?

11. Katze

Katze Kapellmeister

Is that really the general sentiment? I think all kinds of plugins get released these days, and most of them are easily replacable crap like it was 10 years ago, nothing much has changed in this regard.
    I think of DMG Trackcomp 2 which uses next to no resources but sounds fantastic as a compressor, basically killing 90% of my arsenal, making it obsolete. You don't need many plugins like these to be released in order to shrink your toolbox to a healthy size, that's the improvement I am seeing with newer plugins.
    Of course there is crap too, but that's beisdes the point...

12. Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton Producer

how about i tell you STOCK PLUGINS..

and i tell you to use the effects in the hardware. the sounds in hardware already comes with eq, compressor, etc.. reverbs delays choruses
    less is more

13. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Basically, yes. Minor difference is that this one's for free. Also, saturations differ a lot.

14. vuldegger

vuldegger Producer

vsti : ezbass , kontakt, pianoteq , superior drummer , legend hz.
    vst : kazrog avalon , rrs punch , vertigo vsc3 , kiive audio stuff.

15. 4096

4096 Platinum Record

Objekt is cool.

16. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

plugins are business
    :chilling:

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

If you are still learning, that is the best way. When you say "hardware effects" though, by this you mean onboard effects sections of synths and drum machines? Very few hardware devices' onboard effects sections are very close to what can be done with plugins today. Depending on the synth, you can often be better off recording them dry and then using plugins. Unless you like re-recording parts.