20 Free Korean Instruments for Kontakt

Discussion in 'Software News' started by bigcat1969, Apr 23, 2015.

1. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Hopefully this hasn't already been posted. 20 free Kontakt instruments from the Korean Government.

http://en.catsnu.com/Project/GugakVSTi.aspx

3. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Thanks, kudos up for Korea!

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I see no free instrument from that link :dunno:

Ahhh ... the server seems to be down because of too many downloads .... someone might share these one day!?!?

5. monamurek

monamurek Newbie

I downloaded all of them, but I'm getting error that my Kontakt is too old to use these instruments.
    I'm using Kontakt 5.3.1.37.

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

True, phloopy. Those are all "light edition" instruments, as far as I can see. I wonder for which version of Kontakt also, since I use last v4 of Kontakt. In the PDF they mention Kontakt 5, so I suppose it's for Kontakt 5. Sori is a VST3 instrument on the other hand, and maybe full version. I can't read Korean. ;)

7. I was able to download from this site last night but it was a bad idea, so I am sorry for not posting earlier. I choose to download two instruments and choose NOT to download to a Dropbox address but it did so anyway. It froze up my computer, my download manager got wacked out, and I immediately destroyed whatever came down to me which was not a 400+ meg thing but rather just the Dropbox icon. Maybe it was just me, but it was not a pleasant experience.

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Weird. I'm just downloading some of these instruments directly and it works fine, and it's not that slow. I also have a Dropbox account and I'm logged in.

I'm really interested in what will these instruments sound like through a guitar FX chain. :)

9. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Seems to be work OK for me this morning. If you can't get them and want them, message me and I'll try to get you some.

10. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

I added them to the Freebies master list some days ago (under 'Catsnu'). Guess I should've also made a separate thread but I didn't. Thanks for doing it. I added it to that section.

(Btw, the direct dropbox links are listed there in case the main site isn't loading)

PS You can also check out those by 36Play.

11. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Awesome master Kontakt freebies list!

Forgive me going off topic, but I added some new pianos that I don't think got added to the BIG list yet.
    http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/2014/08/bigcat-piano-collection-version-2.html

Also I've started slowly tuning the Iowa instruments to something resembling 440 I like to think. Obviously the blog page should change sometime...
    http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/2015/04/please-test-these.html

12. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Got them all via a GOOD friend :mates:

It´s 3 Gb complete, and some of the libraries are pretty good!!

Cheers

13. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

They've been added. (The old versions are also still up. I'm not sure if I should remove them.)

14. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Thanks great and mighty list maker! I'm planning on keeping both the tuned and untuned versions of the Iowa stuff up just in case people want both. Honestly neither are brilliant, and I much prefer the MSLP ones where available, but free (legal) orchestral instruments that are multisampled are hard to find. The Sonatina ones are nice but usually one velocity layer and every third note versus every note and three velocity layers.

No one really seems to like the Summer Piano which surprised me, I figured a Yamaha with true sustain would generate more interest.

Back on topic. These Korean instruments are quite nice. You can tell a lot of work went into these. The only real negative is that there is only one velocity layer. The keyswitches seem a bit strange on some of them. but possibly if you understand the instruments it makes more sense.