20 Distinct Natural Voices

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by william reid, Mar 28, 2021.

1. william reid

william reid Newbie

Hi all,

So I'm self-producing an animated film needing voice-over work for the 20 characters, male and female.

I want to do all the voices myself if possible. Voice-over actors is an answer to my problem for sure, but what I want to know is-Is it even possible for hardware or software to generate MANY clearly distinct natural human voices?

I can personally do only 2 distinct voices that still sound like a natural real person- that is the objective-and NOT a cartoony, synthesized robot, Darth Vader, alien, baby, fake or only slightly modified from my own voice.

Ive researched the software available and from what I see it doesn't look good to be possible.

Is anyone aware of any hardware, or combinations of hardware/software that can achieve this goal, of generating many natural sounding male/female voices?

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Rock Star

Hardware
    - TC-Helicon - VoiceWorksPlus - ebay 250 EUR + - (secondhand)
    - TC-Helicon Perform-V - 159 EUR
    - TC-Helicon Perform-VK - 215 EUR
    - TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play - 229 EUR
    - Zoom V3 - Multi Effects Vocal Processor) 199 EUR
    - Zoom V6 - Vocal Processor - 369 EUR

Software
    - Waves - OVox Vocal ReSynthesis (48 $)
    - VirSyn - Cantor (Vocal Synth Plugin) 299 EUR
    - Antares - AVOX 4 - 399 $
    - iZotope - VocakSynth 2 - 199 $

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  4. bdone

bdone Member

This can to a certain extent before it starts sounding synthetic, the age change could be useful. you learn your voice first on the left,then change in the middle section ,i think.ircam-trax-v3

5. boomoperator

boomoperator Platinum Record

Imo, of all options listed on this page, only Ircam Trax sounds pretty natural. But I don't think it can make 20 really different sounding voices.
    Didn't Google have a software that could 'talk' based on a piece of audio of someone's voice? But afaik it was only experimental, didn't make it into a real product. So if I where you, I'd get a couple of real people. Why not ask our community, what's the language, male, female?

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Rock Star

Online Text to Speech converter
    Generate natural sounding voice overs

Create your own natural sounding voice overs from your text with Text-to-Speech. For YouTube, Explainer, Podcasts, Gaming Videos and more.
    https://voiceovermaker.io

7. boomoperator

boomoperator Platinum Record

Wow, I didn't know that app, thanks! Clearly it's not there yet - I would like to have more options to modulate the result, but it's a start for now..