2 things about Kontakt and Kontakt Portable... Need help (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by homer_simpson, Sep 20, 2020.

1. LC87

LC87 Newbie

I've got the latest versions of both 5 and 6, always up to date by Native Access.
    I've used the 5 to be able to manage Output Exhale library and I still mantain it for the old projects, but I'd like to transfer that one and some other libraries on the new version of Kontakt 6 portable for my future projects. I don't care about the standalone versions, I just need the plugins and renaming them doesn't work...
    Obviously, for "original versions" I meant the legit ones, sorry for my English.

2. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

@LC87
    Oh, I see now. That wasn't obvious to me, no. I think of "original" as non-portable.
    You'd need to search here for "Running legit Kontakt and cracked Kontakt" or something.
    Your situation has been dealt with before.
    I thought you had different versions of cracked Kontakt. Ignore what I said about renaming the app.

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Renaming the plugins is exactly what works for keeping multiple different versions around.
    Why do you need K5 just for Exhale? I don't understand.
    You must be on Windows because you have the portable, and you lot also have the Add Library app. Only on macOS do we need to keep a K5 to add libraries for 6.
    There is no 'transfer' between 5 and 6. All libs should show in 6.

5. LC87

LC87 Newbie

It's only because I have old projects with K5 portable inside and I've always used it to run Exhale without problems. It runs with no problems even if I have che legit K5 and K6 runnin all togheter at his side.
    Now I'd like to use the K6 portable to try some new libraries that requires one of the latest versions of Kontakt, but only if it can run side by side with the legit K6 (I own the N.I. Komplete 12 collector's edition and it runs really smoothly, I don't want to ruin that stability, expecially for old projects I've made).
    By the way: yes, I'm on windows.
    I'll search the thread you told me and, in case I would not be able to make K6 portable run side by side with the other legit and portable versions I use, I'll make a right and I'll leave things as they are.
    Thanks a lot

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. larry 777

larry 777 Noisemaker

Hi,
    How didi you replace the image? I don't understand how to open pluginID and replace?

7. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

Download this program and replace a png as is wrote below...