2 new songs for feedback (Tech Trance)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by McXProds, Oct 18, 2011.

1. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

Hey guys I just uploaded 2 tracks I have been working on and I would like some feedback and suggestions good or bad. Both made in Ableton, the only samples used are the hi-hats, crashes and snares :thumbsup:

Or if you would like to download a 320k mp3 from here http://soundcloud.com/machetexprods/machetex-spark-original-mix

320k mp3 http://soundcloud.com/machetexprods/machetex-cynical-original-mix

3. cheensta

cheensta Newbie

I like Spark better than Cynical, it has a cool build with the melody. I just downloaded it from soundcloud.

4. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

Thank you :) they are two very different songs, cynical is more aggressive and harder, Spark is more um trancier *yes*

5. AudioDoct3r

AudioDoct3r Newbie

I detect some deadmau5 influence :bleh:
    Very nice heavy punch tracks be carful with your balance and your porametro/glide on your lead melody.
    And careful with the release of the grain delay. it gets super suspenseful with the HP filter and I could detect a little release look for hoes sharp square automations!
    We should collab on a track PM me!
    :grooves:

6. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I like both tracks, pretty solid work!
    Kind of thoughtful mix.
    Nice style that makes me jump!

7. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

Thanks guys I'm glad you like them *yes* . So many producers have influenced me and my work, and have helped me to create my own style. My top influences I think are Kamui, KloneZ, Organ Donors, Kidd Kaos, W&W, and Mac & Taylor, there are more but too many to remember lol.
    @AudioDoct3r: If you're talking about the filter delay in Spark I used this effect http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/production/quick-tip-how-to-make-an-ultimate-band-pass-filter-delay/ it's a nice little trick that i experimented with Spark, maybe i need to turn down the feedback or something. I've never done a collab maybe it can be fun :grooves:

8. Discohead

Discohead Newbie

Amazing synths you got there ;)
    keep it up !!
    Like it !

9. terrencej31

terrencej31 Newbie

Not into Trance but man the beats are hott!

10. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

Oh thanks guys i appreciate it, i did not know there were any new posts here lol *yes*

11. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Not into trance myself either but this is great, plenty going on and good use of noise throughout. Great arrangement too.

12. G String

G String Rock Star

Love the start of Spark. I don't like that lead synth though. That's a shame, coz I love the beat. If you did a stripped back mix with a lot of the synths taken out I'd love it. I don't mean to damn you with faint praise at all - lol - the beat is excellent. It's just that lead synth.... Maybe if it was double-time? Or does it need delay compensation or something? Or maybe it's just me. :D

I can imagine the person making these enjoying themselves. Good stuff :D

13. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

Well done, very nice songs even though tech trance is just too much tension for me. Very clean mix and pro sounding.

14. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

Wow thanks guys, thanks for the feedback! Not everyone will like the synth, its just not for some people i guess, i like it but now that i listened to it again i do see some areas that need improvement. Strange how that works, you hear your old work and find little details and mistakes that you didn't hear before lol